New Kaupthing CHAPS/BACS Transfers discussion - Friday 24th October

Options
1316317318319320322»

Comments

• bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This thread may be redundant but the chat thread will be there as long as required:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1239933
  • mrarnald
    mrarnald Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    bigg wrote: »
    This thread may be redundant but the chat thread will be there as long as required:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1239933

Hi everyone! Just taking a look. I am really glad that the list has finally closed and we all have our money back. :T

Just logged onto my KE account. I have at last been paid the interest for the three weeks my money was in the ether. :beer:

I note that ING are transfering my account over on the 8th February.
    They are offering 4% for the first year. Tempting. My money is with the Halifax at the moment, earning a miserable 1,5%.
    Chaps requested 8th October : money left my account 8th October : £20 chaps fee deducted : destination account Halifax : Chaps fee of 20 re-funded to my KE account 27th October but dated 8th October: On the spreadsheet and received generic e-mail 29th October. Funds paid to my linked account 4th November
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I logged into my ING account this morning to find that a second one had appeared.
    I can only assume that this is the one that the KE money will be transferred to at the weekend.
    PS Are you sure about the 4%, ING are now only offering 3.5% to new savers?
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • mrarnald
    mrarnald Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    penrhyn wrote: »
    I logged into my ING account this morning to find that a second one had appeared.
    I can only assume that this is the one that the KE money will be transferred to at the weekend.
    PS Are you sure about the 4%, ING are now only offering 3.5% to new savers?

It was 4% but it seems it is now 3.5% . and that is with a 1.46% bonus for the first year. This is what is happening with the BOE continually lowering the base rate.
    Chaps requested 8th October : money left my account 8th October : £20 chaps fee deducted : destination account Halifax : Chaps fee of 20 re-funded to my KE account 27th October but dated 8th October: On the spreadsheet and received generic e-mail 29th October. Funds paid to my linked account 4th November
  • MumofThree
    Options
    First, fantastic to see everyone finally reunited with their money

Thanks to all keepers of the list!:j

Second, just received my letter from ING about the transfer and they are giving me two options:

1.) A bonus rate for 6 months which is a fixed bonus of 2.02% on their variable rate of 1.98% (2% AER) giving a current rate of 4.0% gross pa (no doubt until any base rate change)

If you accept this you give up the KE guarantee of BoE base rate plus 0.3%

2.) Continue to recive the guarantee until 2012 and get a current rate of 2%AER

You have until 9th March to accept option 1 or it defaults to option 2.

I assume this the same for everyone?

They also are honouring any KE fixed rates (the only reason why I still have money with them!)
    CHAPS requested 10 Oct, left KE 15 Oct, finally arrived 18.00, 4th Nov :D
  • Former_MSE_Dan
    Options
    Hi folks,

We're so glad all the money is now back (please let me know if you know of anyone who isnt fully sorted), and we have picked out the 5 people to receive the champagne promised by Martin. They are...

thefury,
    2little2late,
    Doppleganger,
    bigg,
    rep

So far, only 2little2late has sent me their address via PM - so please everyone else send through your details and we'll get some booze sorted out for you, courtesy of MSE.

Congrats all

Dan
    Former MSE team member
  • bigg
    bigg Posts: 654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer::beer::beer::beer: :beer::beer: :beer::beer:
    CHAMPAGNE RECEIVED THANK YOU MSE MARTIN AND DAN

WE'LL BE THINKING OF ALL FELLOW PUFFINS ON NEW YEARS EVE 2009

THANKS TO ALL LIST KEEPERS AND FORUM CONTRIBUTORS

:beer::beer::beer::beer: :beer::beer: :beer::beer: