Mooloo's Joining up the dots in 2017

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So glad to hear mum and biggest are on the mend. What a good thing your brother was able to come for a few days!
    I hope DGD feels better asap x
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Pillows, sleeping bags, and gadgets kept Dgd upstairs in the workshop and allowed me to work until 4pm
    Had to deliver two jobs on the way home as I wasn’t quite caught up when they came to collect.
    Work is coming in thick and fast. Unfortunately we had to turn one lady away who came in after lunch wanting something for Thursday.
    I couldn’t jump the queue any more as some jobs have been in over a week now. It’s important to get the older jobs done.
    Just doing burger and fries for tea. Not sure Dgd will eat it though.
    School sent a text saying sick bug going round and to keep her off 48 hours after sickness but she hasn’t been sick! She is supposed to be going to model at a fashion show tomorrow night and desperately wants to still go.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Dgd is not well enough to go to school and so cannot do her modelling. I said when she is better perhaps her and her friends could set up their own little modelling session. So I must remember to arrange it.
    My brother is off to visit his family and get his first glimpse of his latest grandchild. Mum is much better, and has had her hair done, has been out for lunch and seen the doctor for her check up. She is going to stay home on her own today, until tea time anyway.
    I am going to get my “duvet day” well I am starting the day with my cup of tea, the tv on, and my diary waiting for my next “therapy “ of writing out my angst and my frustrations, hopefully to turn my head around and find myself back in a better place.
    I suppose that winter blues have hit.
    So factoring in bright lights, better lighting at work, and try to overcome the black dog.
    It’s just going to be a Batton down the hatches day. Although I have plenty of jobs to tackle later on. However I am not going to rush, I am not going to run around like a lunatic. I am going to go at a gentle pace. As and when I am ready.
    I think that’s the only way I can tackle it.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Boo to black dog.
    Here too :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Boo to black dog.
    Here too :(

Hope you feel better soon too.

Dgd has already cracked the screen on her new phone! I despair at her. I have had to break my No Spend plan to order her a phone case.
    Annoying as I am trying so hard to keep things under control but it’s necessary.
    I have cancelled our National Trust membership (BF paid it), but we haven’t been once this year.
    My O2 phone has been paid now, so that saves me £25 a month.
    I cancelled my magazine subscriptions to as I may be selling them in the shop, in the near future.
    I have juggled my money again ready for the rent etc to go out, but I need to then get sorted with the business and get that all back on track and out of the overdraft.
    I changed from E-0n to NPower at work and wish I hadn’t as they sent an direct debit saying that they would take £275 a month out of my account and I was only paying £102 to E0n!
    I am expecting a final bill for them any day now too. :o
    Focus needed!
    I have prepared the veg for tonight’s meal earlier when I had energy so that I am not tempted to eat rubbish or buy takeaway.
    I am using an old bread mix in the machine but not sure if it will work as it is out of date. Nothing ventured nothing gained I suppose.
    Dgd has been on her PS3, but gone up to her room now.
    I am having a cuppa and then going to take the dry bedding up and put it away.
    I should be doing more around the front room, but needed to do various things on the money side first so sat down! Fatal.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    The bread didn’t work. Trying another one. Dinner was yummy. I cleared the dry washing pile and got the sofa clear! Cushions arranged, blankets folded. Managed to get the washed covers back on the two seater sofa.
    Vacuumed the front room. Had to bring the covers in off the line because it started to rain.
    It’s not perfect down here but it’s much improved.
    Feeling better for it, but have had to have the lights on all day.
    Dgd is eating the last of the Apple crumble and ice cream. Hopefully she will continue to improve and be able to go to school tomorrow. Time will tell.
    I have a sore throat now though! More paracetamol I suppose.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    My evening got worse, stomach cramps and sick within half an hour of BF arriving. Not quite what I wanted after not seeing him for two weeks., and then briefly.
    I am home and not at work now. Not ideal as have about 40 jobs in to do. It is a worrying time for me.
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you start feeling better soon Mooloo. x
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Dgd is looking after me now!
    Tables have turned bless her. I can cope with the sore throat but the stomach cramps are the worst. Going to try and have a nap again now. She’s playing on her gadgets downstairs.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,296 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Poor you.
    Hope you are on the mend soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure