Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Options
    We're going to the UK for two weeks at the end of September :D I've worked it out that if we buy 20 packs of ibuprofen and / or paracetemol to bring back with us, the price difference between the UK and Switzerland will more than covers the cost of our flights! :eek: Seeing as we'll also be stocking up on clothes, hiking boots, etc, this little trip will save us an absolute fortune.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    In Sydney right now....
    travelover
  • sandsy
    sandsy Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Next trip in October is to New York for 5 nights (first time!) then a week in Turks and Caicos.

Still need to research best way to visit the attractions in NY - have only booked Statue of Liberty and a Broadway musical, School of Rock, so far. Hoping to also visit Central Park, Top of the Rock, Grand Central Station, American Museum of Natural History, 9/11 memorial, go shopping on 5th Avenue, maybe the Intrepid museum..... And whatever else will help us get a feel for the place?
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My India trip is coming along nicely but it does often take ages for Indians to reply to emails so I've still one hotel to book.

So far I've booked:

Astoria Hotel, Kolkata (one night)
    Flight Kolkata - Bagdogra
    Bellevue Hotel, Darjeeling (3 nights)
    One day trek booked: http://www.adventuresunlimited.in/package/one-day-trek-tumling/
    Elgin Silver Oaks, Kalimpong (2 nights)
    Gantok (hotel unbooked) (3 nights)
    Helicopter back to Bagdogra (emailed and awaiting information) Can book a jeep if required but like the idea of the helicopter.
    Flight Bagdogra - Kolkata booked.
    Three nights in Kolkata to be booked upon arrival.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    In Norway right now. Need a second mortgage for my drinks bills lol
    travelover
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The contract I was working on is finishing earlier than planned so I suddenly found myself with time for an unexpected week in Lanzarote at the end of the month for some much needed sunshine.

Just a shame that the exchange rate is so lousy at the moment.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    Just a shame that the exchange rate is so lousy at the moment.

Malta for us a week on Saturday, for 4 weeks B&B at the Santana Hotel in Bugibba. Paid up front in March. So avoided the temporary dip with £sterling.

Came back from Nicaragua at the end of May with a cash budget underspend of US$900, and have €uro 150 left over from our Malta trip in February.

Thailand and Vietnam plans for February are almost complete, so I must update the thread I started soon. Interesting times to come over the next few months in Thailand with the passing of the King.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,137 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yup. I'm usually in Thailand at this time if year but I'm rather pleased that I'm not there now given current events. Hopefully things will have returned to normal (if anything in Thailand is ever "normal") by next year as they won't want to lose out on the tourist market.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Less than two weeks till a villa in El Gouna Egypt. Counting down the days and looking forward to feeling the hot Sun on my face once again.

Hope no naughty terrorists spoil this years trip and the airport staff have finally got over playing candy crush.
  • Everynamestaken
    Options
    Love this thread. Haven't been anywhere since May. Only day I've had is a dentist appointment, so I'm ready for it.

6 weeks to go until I fly to San Francisco. I will then be going onto LA and then Las Vegas. I will then fly to New York and come home and it'll soon be Christmas.

Never been before so quite looking forward to it, and will be interesting to see what the weather will be like in the various destinations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure