Bank Charges Success Stories II

Options

Comments

• vinegarvera
    vinegarvera Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HSBC
    Claimed 2145.00 inc int and court charges.
    Received 2479.60 ??????

With the provision that I dont tell anyone, (so keep it quiet eh?)
    Whoops!!
    I crossed that bit out of course!!
    Whew, After 6 months, now I can relax and take my 2 terminally ill nephews to Disney in September wohoo Jack Sparrow here I come!!
    Congrats to all winners and good luck to all those still claiming!
  • TraceyH_3
    Options
    Bank: HSBC
    Amount Reclaimed:£1265.11 including Interest
    Amount they paid:£750.00
    Just wanted to to say thank you for the templates, and advice. Brilliant!

We now get our holiday this year!
    Yes!
  • Dirty98
    Dirty98 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Bank: Royal Bank of Scotland
    Amount reclaimed: 2672.00 (including MCOL court fees)
    Amount paid back: 2672.00

Got this back on behalf of my missus, they have paid up 4 days before they had to file a defence (had already acknowledged through MCOL). Result!!!!!!!
    But this gets better, when I sent the original template letter off I hadn't realised 140.00 of the charges were over 6years old so I knocked this off when filing through MCOL, so they have repaid more than I claimed!
    We are just waiting to get our joint account sorted £3511.83 filed through MCOL on same date as above, they have offered 750.00 .Get the feeling that may go to court.
  • Dirty98
    Dirty98 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Bank: Royal Bank of Scotland
    Amount reclaimed: 2672.00
    Amount paid back: 2672.00

Sorry last message should have read as above no court fees originally.
  • hubris303
    Options
    bank: hsbc
    amount claimed: £592 (including interest)
    final settlement: £672 (including interest and legal fees)

well, it took a while, but it finally got there. following the example of two housemates, my first letter was sent back in january, and things progressed normally (i.e. slowly) from there. hsbc mounted their 'defence', and things slowed down further, with various shenanagins including moving the venue of the court proceedings, waiting for an allocation hearing etc. this was set for 15th june, and just when i was starting to get worried it seems hsbc did too, for they wrote to me yesterday offering the full amount of my claim as an out-of-court settlement.

seems persistence isn't futile...
  • macdady
    macdady Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    Barclays:

Amount claimed: £1000
    Amount paid back: £545

Claimed this back for my mum! The whole process was about two months, from sending the first letter asking for statements to sending the second letter asking for unlawful charges. My mum was a little nervous throughout the process but was delighted when she received the letter of a good will gesture. If i had it my way i would of taken them all the way to court for the whole lot.

Anyway just a big thanks to Martin and all forum members who have made this claim possible!!

Thanks again,
    Kelvin
  • batfink53
    Options
    Bank: Lloyd's tbs
    Amount Reclaimed:£983
    Amount they paid £983

started claim with mcol on 19/03/07,won judgment on 10/5/07,Lloyd's always maintain there charges were just and and that they hung on till the last minute,just checked the bank today and money was in.
    cheers to all that helped me,and a big thanks to Martin.
  • pinguthecat
    Options
    Have been trying to get my money back,since feb,did the usual letters,they wrote back ,saying I was not entitled to anything as its basically my fault,told them i didnt agree and wrote back,phoned customer services,and they phoned back after a few weeks,i was in a queue.was told it would take them 3 weeks to make a decsion,and then a further week to phone me back.Which was yesterday,phoned them yesterday,was put in another ring back queue,they rang back this morning,wrong department from scotland,finally got through and am waiting for them to phone me back.When Mr postman brought me a letter saying,I have £750 in the bank waiting for me,I did orignally ask for £1,300,but £750 is better than a kick in the teeth.One thing is the cheek of them to just put it in my bank,but im happy as i was panicking i would get nothing,especially after that man,and the thought of going to court aswell,so one happy bunny here,off shopping now,and promised daughter a tattoo if i got anything back so were off tattoo shopping ha ha ..Good luck every body and especially tsb ers..:D
  • ClaireF_3
    ClaireF_3 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Northern Rock
    Amount Claimed: £1,400
    Amount repaid: £1,405.50

They filed an acknowledgement with the Court and about a week later I received the cheque.

Many thanks to Martin and all the site users who gave valuable advice.

ClaireF
  • Sarah_Lou_3
    Sarah_Lou_3 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Bank: Nationwide
    Ammount Claimed: £1386
    Ammount Recieved: £1210

I calculated wrong hence the lower ammount recieved

I had hell with nationwide, i filed for court they acknowledged then filed a crappy defence on the 28th day, the judge at my local court filed for a 5 minute hearing, they paid up today a week after the original 28 days was up.

Finally I can relax and enjoy my refund.

Thanks to the members of this site and also cag who without them, Im sure I would of given up a long time ago
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure