Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• onejontwo
    onejontwo Posts: 1,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yevrah69 wrote: »
    First post, hope I've got this right!

Was on Full House Package at £35 per month, 12 month contract now coming to an end, facing a monthly increase to around £80 to retain package.
    Called VM 20th January and gave 30 days notice to cancel contract. Was offered reduced package for a little more than we pay now, but declined and advised VM to go ahead with cancellation.
    Called VM Saturday 3rd Feb regarding a query about billing, an attempt was made to retain us, offering the same Full House package for £60 per month, or £50 per month if we reduced the broadband speed from 200mb to 100mb, again we declined and asked for cancellation the continue .
    Recieved a phone call today (05/02/18) from retentions team, offered us our current Full House package (including 200mb broadband) for £40, we accepted and are happy with this deal.
    :j:beer:

Including line rental?
  • baldeagle09
    Options
    I am paying £29.49 per month for basic player bundle, talk weekends and 50 mb broadband.
    Recently they asked me to pay upfront £196 for line rental. I thought my package would have been adjusted to reflect this. In effect I am paying £48.49 for bog standard package. I am ripping that they never explained this when they asked me to pay the line rental. Will be one less customer at the end of the year. Any advance suggestions what I should go for.
  • Yevrah69
    Options
    onejontwo wrote: »
    Including line rental?

Yes, I understand all VM package prices are inclusive of line rental charges.
  • mustardtree6
    Options
    Just renegotiated from £55 for basic player, talk weekend, 50MB and line rental to:-

100MB BB
    Talk Anytime
    Player TV
    including Line Rental
    £29 pcm for 12 months

We said no to their first 3 offers.
  • Embra74
    Embra74 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 7 February 2018 at 10:57PM
    Options
    I've agreed the following after putting in my cancellation:

XLTV (one V6 box)
    100mb BB
    Basic phone (not used)

£44pm with 2 months free. Works out £36.67pm. Line rental included.

Happy enough with that as I had been paying £50pm for the same TV and phone but with 150mb. 100mb is more than enough for me..
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Out of interest, is anyone aware / have experience of how much to price for Sky Sports and BT Sport (SD rather than HD) in the cost of your package !!!373;hen negotiating with outbound? My £53 pm total for phone/broadband/full house tv/line rental includes both and from memory separately BT Sport is somewhere close to £20 pm and Sky Sports £20-30 pm......so my overall £53 package looks decent in that context but maybe others have got them more heavily discounted when speaking to outbound?
  • Bigj2134
    Options
    I'm currently paying £62.50pm for Full House TV, 200mb BB and Talk Weekend bundle. It was £52 when contract began but has suddenly risen. I rang to enquire for a better deal, they offered me the same package I was on for £68 and I would have to pay the line rental up front. Needless to say, I declined and told them to cancel. That was 4 days ago and I still haven't received the call from retentions with any new offers. My contract is up on 3rd March, so I'm just hoping they offer me something in the ballpark of what's been picked up by some of the folks here.

How long can I expect to wait before they call to offer me that deal?
  • alan17
    alan17 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Out of interest, is anyone aware / have experience of how much to price for Sky Sports and BT Sport (SD rather than HD) in the cost of your package !!! SNIiP

Bt sport is £20 stand-alone last I knew.
    However it is free in full house / xl tv.

Your deal was decent, some people may have got a better deal as sky movies and sky sports is not loads more together as it’s discounted. Used to be 20 each or 30 both. Think prices have gone up now.

Your deal was good but if you like full house tv forget about bt being discounted as it’s free on that pack.
  • alan17
    alan17 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bigj2134 wrote: »
    snip

How long can I expect to wait before they call to offer me that deal?

7 working days in my previous experience.

If it helps regarding your “offer” I just got something similar.
    Currently on (I signed up to bt and was offered this on number transfer day)

Full house tv
    Talk anytime
    100mb B.B.
    £35.

This year Offered
    Player tv
    50mb Bb
    Talk weekends
    £63

Needless to say I declined, last year I couldn’t get fibre broadband in my area elsewhere, I now can. If I’m on the above pack I may as well have free view and Bb and phone cheap elsewhere.

Hate the yearly negotiation dance!

New customers full house bundle is offer of £49 line rental included, so don’t think any of us are being unreasonable wanting a better deal.
  • nathanhill69
    Options
    Just done the annual renegotiation with Virgin Media.

I was coming to the end of last years deal and was paying £25.00 per month for:
    100MB Broadband Unlimited
    Free Line rental and weekend calls.
    No TV package

I realised I was unlikely to get them to agree that discounted rate again for the same service.

So this years deal is the following:

- 100MB Broadband Unlimited
    - Free Tivo V6 Box with Player TV Bundle (self install as I had the engineer put the cable spur for the box in when I had the broadband installed). Happy with that as actually watch hardly any on air TV.
    - Free line rental
    - Free Weekend calls
    - Caller ID
    - £30 credit on my account

12 Month contract at £30 per month but with the credit works out at £27.50 per month.

Happy with that deal.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure