PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thread - Saturday 11th October

Options

Comments

• stefejb
    stefejb Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all - wow lots of early risers this am
    welcome dinkydido - you'll love it here
    Beth - good on you :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
    Jet :eek: but also :T :T :T

regular readers will remember that way back in July I interviewed for a job, passed the interview and was placed on a reserve list having come fourth when there were three vacancies. at the time I spoke to HR to find out how this reserve list thingy works and was told that I would defo be employed in the autumn and would get automtic call up papers as they were expecting that there would be a vacancy then. Imagine then my shock when "my" job was advertisd in the local paper yesterday. I called HR but was told by the chap that he doesn't know much about ..... well HR. Afte going around in circles for a bit I burst into tears so my manager is going to try to sort it out on Monday. I know for a fact that there are 2 immediate vacancies but have been told that the advert relates to jobs for MARCH! - hmm. this is a 2 grand pay rise but more importantly is in the kind of court where you get to wear a gown and tell people to be upstanding so I'm quite keen to start asap

the other exciting news is that I went out last night - after dark - with people I'm not related too - I know and what's more I'm doing it again tonight! What is the world coming to! Last night was a housewarming/weddinganniversary/birthday thingy and tonight is a fancy dress :eek: birthday party - it's miles away so I'm debating whether to brave the three buses or splash out on an expensive cab

have a good day everyone
    I'm going to feed our children non-organic food and with the money saved take them to the zoo - half man half biscuit 2008
  • tired_mum
    tired_mum Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all
    Belated birthday wishes to Squishy hope you had a lovely day:beer:
    Jet have fun:eek:
    Beth well done you
    Diva hugs to your friend
    Annie sounds like you are having a good time at the concerts
    Well Oh and I are on our own this weekend so we are going to paint the fences the bottom gates need doing badly as someone decided to graffiti them with i love hannah on during the summer hols we left it as they would probably only have redone it if we painted over it then the best of it was they ran out of room and left the last H off her name:rotfl: still dont know who it was
    Need to go to B & Q for fence paint and some other bits
    hugs to all those who are unwell or just feeling a bit low
    Have a good day
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all

Jet weatehr permitting you should have done your jump by now so hope alll went well you are brave!
    Diva well done on cheesecake win they look lush
    Beth had ahave a giggle at the thought of you jumping in that hole well done for standing up for yourself their faces must have been a picture
    welcome Dinkydido
    Bootsalebabe have agood wedding anniversary today
    Sistercas hope your DDs gala goes well today
    Squigglly good news about your placement
    Essex girl glad you got that man sorted

catching up today got a pile of ironing, take DD to dancing and this afternoon take both DDs to Maidstone shopping Spab bol for tea so we can all sit down and watch X factor and Strictly glad this year they are not putting them on at same time
    have a good day everyonexx
    Frugal challenge 2024

• jannyannie
    Options
    Morning all

A quick post from me as I have work later and loads to do. DW is on, WM has first load in and DS white shirts are soaking in the sink. I have found scrubbing the worst stains with fairy soap works quite well. Ended up going in to work yesterday as they were short and my training was cancelled at the last minute. The unsocial hours will come in handy for Christmas.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BOOTSALEBABE :beer: .
    JET OMG!!!!!
    BETH you do make me laugh, well done!
    DIVA yum! can you save me a bit?
    N9EAV looks like the courts and the NHS are good at wasting money, must be so frustrating.

Hi DINKYDIDO

Big hugs to all who need one this morning.

Off to get organised. Have a good day all.

Jan :A xxxxx
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mornin :hello:
    Off to MIL's today, we pass Lidl so will pop in and take a look at the energy monitors, thats if there are any left now :confused:
    We have promised her fish and chips for lunch so will get that from there as well, and any other bargains they have going. I love looking round there they always have something I want/need ;)

Diva cheesecake yummmm enjoy. Hope things work out for your friend ((hugs))
    Jet good luck on the fund raising I think you're very brave, and have a lovely weekend :j

welcome dinkydido :wave:

Hi Kathy hows the toe/ankle now :question:

Squiggly good news on the placement :T

Beth well done good for you, :T :T :T
    Essex glad things are better today. Enjoy the match :beer:

(((hugs))) for all the poorlys,upsets,tireds and just generally peed off's today xx

Enjoy your day everyone,whatever you are doing x

Anne
    x
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Morning Guys!

I am full of cold this morning so not a happy bunny. My niece and her BF came over last night and she was sniffling. When will people realise that I have no immune system and will catch anything. Its not their fault but just a nuisance for me! They stayed till quite late and were on the Xobx, so OH was in his elemant.

DD is at her firends house today and they are off to Bluewater shopping and cinema. They are going to a Diner there that do chilli fries and proper american burgers so gave her a little extra money so she can have a nice lunch.

Are going to friends tomorrow evening for a dinner party. There are 6 of us going and 2 I havent seen for around a year and considering this time last year I only weighed just over 8 stone, I think they will be happy with my progress:D

DW and WM both on and the weather is nice so can be hung outside.

Anyway, I need a hot drink.

Hugs to all.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    wow Jet

wow Beth.

You are both so fab sport-smiley-001.gifsport-smiley-001.gifsport-smiley-001.gif

Sunny and lovely here. Going to put some washing on. Our washing line pole has broken at the top but I'd like DH to mend it somehow rather than just buy another one. He's still fast asleep though.

Had a kind of exasperating day at college yesterday - have 2 under 16 school refusers in 2 separate classes and the one yesterday is just so difficult. He holds up the rest with childish behaviour and ressentment. I was interested in the beginning, in seeing how this would work. Now I just think it's such a rubbish idea. I even emailed about it this morning. Saturday morning rolleyes.gif. Can you see it's got to me?

Ok, onwards with a lovely weekend.

(((hugs))) to those having a difficult time
    w
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    mrs_mix wrote: »
    well my day hasn't started well I made my first cuppa and then promptly dropped it luckily we have laminate so a quick mop up and the cup didn't break
    pam xx

Hi pam
    I did the same 2 days ago, it was half a cup and I knocked it over on the kitchen table. It went everywhere, including under my lap-top :eek: you've never seen such a scrabble to get it moped up, I grabbed the kitchen towel, OH lifted the dripping lap-top up, it looked more like a bucket full than half a cup :rotfl:
    Luckily it didnt get into the workings, just about everywhere else though including my feet, and thankfully like you we have laminate so it was easy to mop up.

Anne
    x
  • lyndseyann
    lyndseyann Posts: 24,555 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone hope you are all well :)

(((hugs))) to any one who may need one xx

welcome dinkydido :wave: your gonna love it here, everyone is friendly and lovely :)

good luck jet!!!!!

well done beth :T

well done squiggly :T:T

diva (((hugs))) for your friend

pennypincher (((hugs)) hope you feel a bit better soon xx

Im just enjoying a cupper before i tackle the housework and dreaded paperwork cupboard :eek: and its a big job heehee!!! But then off to visit family later on so that will be nice. Fetching the campervan tomorrow :j :j very excited :j :j then were going to book a few days away half term at Barmouth as we love it there :D

right i best be off and finis my drink, the kids are watching Ant bully so they are quiet :D:D

see you all later :wave: xx
    When you read my posts, think Barry from Auf weidersehen pet...I sound just like him ;) :rotfl:
    Boing boing baggies baggies :j
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    Morning everyone,I slept in today and have just realised it's Saturday and not Friday so I only have 2 hours till OH comes in and not the 8 I thought I had and I've got so much to do in the meantime.
    It's strangely warm here,it was last night as well.Still I'm not complaining just hoping it's not the calm before the storm.
    We're going to be doing some pointing today,the brickwork downstairs needs some help and I enjoy doing this kind of thing.We were quoted £600 so after having done it before I thought I would save myself some money,and it stops me shopping which is my usual Saturday entertainment.So more money saved.
    Diva- best wishes to your friend.I think I'd feel the same if I was in his position.

Jet77-you lucky thing I would love to be in doing your dive with you.I'd be scared but that's the fun part of it.

N9eav-enjoy your day off.

dinkydido- hello and welcome

bethebee-good for you and well done.

bootsalebabe-congrats on your anniversary.Enjoy your evening.
    To everyone else have a good day.
    Take care xxx.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family