newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today my mse efforts are:
    • One poll 30p
    • daily clicks
    • yellow stickered dinner
    • dyed dh's expensive but faded grey coat, now he has a fab new navy one :D
    Its not much but better than nothing I suppose!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really like the 'new coat for old' idea :)
  • newgirly
    edited 20 July 2012 at 8:30AM
    Options
    Due to having a stressful time in the loft sorting out through 1000 black bags looking for last years summer clothes, thursdays update is late!
    • topcashback £1.51
    • one poll 45p
    • daily clicks 1p
    • found some v old summer clothes that I am washing and wearing this year :D
    • used a voucher for a free coffee in town
    Back later when i've been through the finances.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've had to modify my walks to places with non muddy paths and persuade myself that it is fun to walk in the rain recently. I haven't quite persuaded myself that I like doing gardening projects in the rain though!

I'm part way through a loft clear out- not much fun but it's good you found the clothes.
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • newgirly
    Options
    Still not done the accts and transfers this week, partly because dh's wages did not go in, the rest of the staff have theirs luckily though.

I had another chat with dh (lucky him :p) about the mf aims the other night, as the situation as changed a bit now we know we definatly can't move or re-mortgage for 3 years at least (even then only if if the business makes a profit)

The long and short of it is I would like to do a bit of work on the house, sort the kitchen out and possibly get the loft done, plus get rid of the decking (the whole tiny garden is decked) and turf it.
    In three years dd will be 18 :eek: and if we keep holding things off in the hope we will have our dream home in the future , they may all be too old be still be around with us to enjoy it.
    Long term we don't need a massive house really, so the new aim is to make this house as usable for the future as we can.

Some good news is the next door but one neighbours have just put their house up for sale for 250k, it is a 3 bed mid terrace like ours , but we also have a conservatory and log cabin with hot tub in (I realise that might put some people off :D), so we shall have to see how quickly it sells, the last few that have gone up in out street have gone within a couple of weeks. I had been thinking a conservative estimate of £220 ish for ours which |i think may be quite a bit under what its worth really.It will help with the ltv in the future I guess.

I am currently packing for centerparcs next friday as its such a mad week I won't have time- the twins birthday/family over/london dungeons/football party/the dark knight rises(orange weds of course)/birthday cake making etc. the list goes on.

Back later with organised finances, hope evryone is having a good weekend.
  • *Jellie*
    *Jellie* Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's difficult balancing doing things to improve the house versus mortgage free plans. We might do our loft eventually but since we are fine space wise it will probably wait until after the MFD. Plenty of other things will need doing before then though
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • newgirly
    Options
    Its been a manic weekend, I am feeling very pleased with my self as I have managed to:
    • find/wash/iron/pack all our clothes for friday(usually a 3 day job ;))
    • clean the whole house/put up the birthday decs
    • empty/clean and fill the hot tub
    • wrap all the presents for the twins
    • did all washing and had an empty basket for 5 mins
    • packed everything ready for the dungeons today
    • bought party food for when we get back today (did not fancy dragging over london looking for somehwere to eat after the dungeons, plus am too tight:D)
    Now I am sipping a cuppa looking at my sparkling house, it won't last as we have an onslaught of 12 yr olds over the next couple of days, however I am prepared as there is wine in the fridge for when they have gone.:rotfl:

The diet is a sore subject as I am a complete failure and am exactly the same weight as last week.

All mortgage type stuff will have to wait until the evenings this week or early mornings, as the little angels are forever taking my laptop, hope evryone had a good weekend.
  • newgirly
    Options
    We had a good day yesterday, although the dungeons is REALLY scary :eek: We were home by lunchtime thank goodness as it was very hot and very busy.

Kids were up early and have opened their presents which went down well. Today is the groupon birthday party, for some silly reason I have offered to drive all the kids, so will have to borrow mums car as well as dh taking ours.

Yesterdays mse efforts were not much
    • bought a small gift for each child at the dungeons and got 20% off with the annual pass
    • borrowed dh's oyster card
    • cooked lunch instead of eating out
    Today I am making cakes to take to the party with football themed cake toppers from fleabay, I won't do party bags but will probably get a bag of sweets to take home each.

DH's wages are still not in , so I need to double check the accts as we are normally quite deep in the OD at this time of month :o
  • never_too_old
    never_too_old Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a good day out and good luck with the party.
    Does OH know why his wages havent gone in?:)
    MAKE £2022 in 2022 no 29 £2022/£434.10
    Mortgage@ 1/1/2022 £17540 / £1601.39
    pay all your debts by xmas 2022 £15000/ £1865.29

https://www.facebook.com/groups/680889456637403
    you tube channel never too old
  • newgirly
    Options
    No he doesn't, we will get it at some point this week but a lot of the dd's come out at the end of the month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback