Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• Nearly fell for their scams when I put my figures in my spreadsheet to compare, they were £20 a year cheaper on two year fixed from my SP Dec 18 fix.
    Then I read their small print and exit fees of £30 per fuel should prices fall!
  • buzzard
    buzzard Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    Polgara72 wrote: »
    Thanks, that's good to know - though obviously not to experience. Do they still hike your direct debits in the winter months?

Well I've posted my experience already - but have come back because Ovo is being recommended by MSE and I think it's gone badly downhill in terms of customer service, as recent trustpilot reviews suggest.

I have never had such a bad experience with a supplier. Mistakes happen but you dont blame the customer for something that is your fault, you dont lie about it and you dont hassle them after they have left you.

If you must go to Ovo keep any emails they send you, record any telephone conversations you have with them and pay extra for the privilege.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    buzzard wrote: »
    Well I've posted my experience already - but have come back because Ovo is being recommended by MSE and I think it's gone badly downhill in terms of customer service, as recent trustpilot reviews suggest.

I have never had such a bad experience with a supplier. Mistakes happen but you dont blame the customer for something that is your fault, you dont lie about it and you dont hassle them after they have left you.

If you must go to Ovo keep any emails they send you, record any telephone conversations you have with them and pay extra for the privilege.

Do the facts back up what people are suggesting?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/binaries/content/assets/documents/pdfs/complaints/2017-q2-report-for-website.pdf
  • Steadyhand
    Options
    I have just switched to OVO and all has gone very smoothly. All communications from them have been timely, clear and informative. I know exactly what is happening and when and what I need to do next. On the two occasions I emailed them I received replies within two days. All great so far and hope the running of the account will be just as easy.
  • bendipa
    bendipa Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been with Ovo for 3 years now and not had a problem with them yet. Once a month they request meter readings by email.

The only minor quibble is that like other utilities they include a standing charge in their bills. So if you're a low user they are not going to be an ideal choice, as there are still a few small independent utilities around who don't resort to this method of charging.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bendipa wrote: »
    . . . The only minor quibble is that like other utilities they include a standing charge in their bills. . ..
    To be fair, this shouldn't be a quibble at all because you did have the option to chose one of those utilities which don't include a standing charge in their tariff. Why didn't you switch to one of those at the end of your previous contract?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • bendipa
    bendipa Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didn't need to go down that route as I'm not that light a user.

I was just pointing out as one of the smaller and well run suppliers that Ovo could have taken the initiative as other smaller suppliers have done and provided a standing charge-free tariff.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bendipa wrote: »
    I didn't need to go down that route as I'm not that light a user.

I was just pointing out as one of the smaller and well run suppliers that Ovo could have taken the initiative as other smaller suppliers have done and provided a standing charge-free tariff.

Ovo is no longer a small supplier. As of Feb 17, it had 680,000 customers or 2.5% of the domestic energy market.
  • sambrookeluned
    Options
    Had to phone OVO today (7/10/17) as not heard anything about switch over to them since I set things in motion in the middle of September. Apparently it somehow got 'stuck'. Having spoken to them they have set up an account and I received email confirming this straight away. However they have set me up on is a different unit price to that quoted on MSE Energy site which is not as good as the deal I transferred on but have promised to honour the Tariffs I was quoted on the MSE Energy site. I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal was due to end on 3rd October, however, this has now left me with paying British Gas standard rate for the next 3 weeks when I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal with British Gas was due to end i.e. 3rd October - not happy about that. Anybody else experiencing this sort of problem?:
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,600 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had to phone OVO today (7/10/17) as not heard anything about switch over to them since I set things in motion in the middle of September. Apparently it somehow got 'stuck'. Having spoken to them they have set up an account and I received email confirming this straight away. However they have set me up on is a different unit price to that quoted on MSE Energy site which is not as good as the deal I transferred on but have promised to honour the Tariffs I was quoted on the MSE Energy site. I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal was due to end on 3rd October, however, this has now left me with paying British Gas standard rate for the next 3 weeks when I should have transferred to OVO at or around the time my present energy deal with British Gas was due to end i.e. 3rd October - not happy about that. Anybody else experiencing this sort of problem?:
    BG should adjust your final bill to effectively charge you on the fixed tariff you are on, even though you went past the end of contract date. They are required to do so if they receive notice you are transferring away within 20 days after the contract end date.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback