Ovo Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    WatlingA5 wrote: »

but we do get regular invitations to "go completely green" by paying an extra £5 a month on our bill. My limited technical knowledge prevents me working out how even the smartest of meters can tell which "bit" of my electricity is coming from solar panels or windfarms.

:

As you infer, you can pay for green energy but what comes through your wires and pipes might be from any source.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I moved from Ovo to Breeze lasdt month,

Initially they were very good and then they encouraged me to raise my D/D because it wasn`t keeping up with their estimation

I then had about £250 in credit which they didn't inform me about and I didn't find their customer service to be that good.

I got most of my money back and now waiting for the final closure to get a bit left.

They` recommended` i keep both d/d open at the time of transfer...Emm no so glad I didn't! I also got a threatening letter because I cancelled my D/d oven although I kept them informed so I wasn`t best pleased about that.

Btw my bill has halved with Breeze!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    janb5 wrote: »
    I moved from Ovo to Breeze lasdt month,

Initially they were very good and then they encouraged me to raise my D/D because it wasn`t keeping up with their estimation

I then had about £250 in credit which they didn't inform me about and I didn't find their customer service to be that good.

I got most of my money back and now waiting for the final closure to get a bit left.

They` recommended` i keep both d/d open at the time of transfer...Emm no so glad I didn't! I also got a threatening letter because I cancelled my D/d oven although I kept them informed so I wasn`t best pleased about that.

Btw my bill has halved with Breeze!

My suppliers require you to keep your DD mandate open as this is how they refund your credit.
  • Brutus_Kowalski
    Options
    Switched to OVO (from EDF) as OVO would give a 2 year fix (EDF only 1) - Brexit coming up and all that. Ovo changed my EDF (colour) smets1 meter to a b&w smets 2 meter (okay, the colour never really added anything if I'm honest).

But. I really dont get on with it.

I can see £'s used since original install (well, so what), and one display that Ovo says give an 'indication' of current usage. 'Guess' would be better. Except its mostly non responsive - sometimes it changes after 10/20 seconds, sometimes it just - doesnt. Ovo seem a bit dismissive of the 'free gadget' they've dished out, but its a purchasing decision for me.

Meters are never a precise match for the bill, I get that. But Ovo have told me to ignore the meter and look at the online bill (well whats the point in that then ?).

After half a dozen + emails with the same scripted response from them, I'm a bit concerned the response I'm likely to get if ever its something important. I couldnt raise a complaint because they'd stripped my account number out of the original contact email and couldnt locate me on their systems. Thought that was a bit disingenious.

I see EDF have now got a long enough fix, return switch has been started.
  • rewbarbc
    rewbarbc Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Don't!
    I used them several years ago and then switched to another supplier.
    Last year I spent nearly all year fighting them because they were chasing me for an unpaid debt of around a thousand pounds which was not mine, just because her name was similar to mine, even though the property the debt was incurred at was over 150 miles from my address.
    Took an awful lot of time and aggravation to cleare it up.
    I was threatened with bailiffs and it was only when my husband took to social media to shame them that they looked into it properly and stood down.
    Apology or compensation? Hah. No chance.
    I will never use them again, and would advise that no one else does either.
  • Alfiesmom
    Options
    Refused my switch following credit check, so even though i am paying off debts (£9000 in last 10 months) and finally getting straight i still have to pay higher energy costs as I am stuck with BG now, I could of paid even more off debts if the switch had gone ahead :mad:
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Alfiesmom wrote: »
    Refused my switch following credit check, so even though i am paying off debts (£9000 in last 10 months) and finally getting straight i still have to pay higher energy costs as I am stuck with BG now, I could of paid even more off debts if the switch had gone ahead :mad:
    There are cheaper options than Ovo if you don't mind a lesser-known supplier. If you're not up for that, are you at least, on BG's cheapest tariff?
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Craig_Holmes
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    My suppliers require you to keep your DD mandate open as this is how they refund your credit.
    They've just back billed me, 4 days before the 12 mth period allowing them to do it expires, despite me trying to pay them since November 2016 and despite them refunding me in April last year!!!
    Ovo are the same as all the big companies, as soon as something doesn't fit their template, they can't cope and they don't care.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2018/02/ofgem-to-investigate-ovo-energy-
    Ofgem today launched its investigation into the firm over the information it gave to some customers about their usage last winter, and the figures it put in annual statements.

The investigation, which was launched following complaints from customers, will examine whether Ovo Energy breached licence conditions about giving customers accurate information, that is not misleading.

Incorrect figures can mean customers are given inaccurate bills and annual statements, and so could mean they are unable to manage their accounts properly and make an informed decision of whether to switch or stay.
  • Rosie75
    Rosie75 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched to OVO for electricity last October - a price comparison website showed that I would pay £31 a month based on my previous year's usage. Now they are writing to me saying that this won't cover my anticipated usage this year, and wanting me to increase my monthly payment to exactly double the current amount.
    3-6 Month Emergency Fund #14: £9000 / £10,000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure