Halifax switch offer up to £125

Options

Comments

• Cameron1590_2
    Options
    Does anyone know how long you need to keep the account for until you can switch again to avoid the bonus being snatched back?

Thanks
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing stated in the terms and conditions, so you can switch it straight away, if you want.
  • RedSky1974
    Options
    I have a Halifax Clarity Credit Card, but no current account (as far as I know, if I did, it would be one when I was very very young).

Does anyone know if I'll be eligible for this?
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    Yes, you would be. You are only excluded if you've previously had a switching bonus (since January 2012), or the account you are switching is an RBS account.
  • buyhighselllow
    Options
    £125 bonus paid :j
    Over £2K made from bank switches and P2P incentives since 2016 :beer:
  • mickeymouse303
    Options
    Precisely why I switched to them! :D
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Yes, you would be. You are only excluded if you've previously had a switching bonus (since January 2012), or the account you are switching is an RBS account.

It's a Bank or Scotland (BOS) account that is excluded. RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) is fine to switch and get the bonus.
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    Kim_13 wrote: »
    It's a Bank or Scotland (BOS) account that is excluded. RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) is fine to switch and get the bonus.

Yes, it is. Sorry. I knew that, but still wrote the wrong thing. :o
  • huw01
    huw01 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 February 2018 at 3:11PM
    Options
    In December I switched an old bank of scotland reward account to Yorkshire to get the £250 which I have now received. I am now switching the YB B account back to halifax for the £125. I think i will qualify as it has 2 DDs and I am not switching a BOS account. Also the BOS acc had been opened in 2009 i think, but the t&c only make mention of if halifax have paid you the switching reward since 2012. So i think i will qualify for the halifax £125. I have also switched a dud Coop acc to NatWest for their £125. So hopefully i will hit the £500 for switching

I also have 5 x refferals for anyone wanting the £75 TSB referral, PM me and will send you the link. Make hay and all that
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere so i'm hoping that someone may be able to help.

If i open a new current account eg TSB and then do the switch to Halifax will i still qualify for the switching bonus even though there are no direct debits set up on the account?

I don't have any spare ones to move around so i can only do this if there need to be none.

Thanks
    SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills