Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    It looks like there's been a fairly hefty price increase in the last couple of days as Zog have now dropped well down my CEC list and for my usage is showing an increase of £9 per month over my existing Mercury 12 tariff instead of the £3 per month rise it was showing until recently.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine is showing a £3 per month increase, but they are now 6th in the list for me. Still nobody coming even close to my current deal with Zog.

The best is a £22 increase with Cardiff Energy Supply Ltd.
  • MCGONIS
    MCGONIS Posts: 699 Forumite
    Options
    I have recently switched to them. Applied online 20/10/2016 and went live on 10/11/2016. They have kept me updated throughout by email about the switch and so far I am happy with Zog. (hope that helps someone)
  • heathrow
    Options
    Zog are small and reliable. Good service when switching.

They also produce a monthly statement - so if you provide meter readings you avoid estimates.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,301 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Only recently switched, Oct / Nov. All easy and smooth with regular progress update-mails, first DD went out a couple of days ago

So far only supplied two readings, but it was painless

Only drawback I can see is there does not seem to be a "my account" section, showing consumption, money in etc. Maybe there is and because I'm newbie not much to be in there yet
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • eande
    eande Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been with Zog for 2.5 years now - no problems at all.
    If only all the other energy companies could follow suit.,..
  • Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    Only drawback I can see is there does not seem to be a "my account" section, showing consumption, money in etc. Maybe there is and because I'm newbie not much to be in there yet

They don't do any of that. They are very much a no frills low cost supplier. Meter readings online and a pdf bill mailed once a month, works fine. Email enquiries answered very promptly. Been with them a couple of years and happy.

Just wish they did electricity, as my current supplier GB Energy gone belly up.... Hope Zog don't follow.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been with Zog since the beginning of this year and no problems at all.
    I provide meter readings on the last day of each month and receive a pdf bill by email about 8 days later.
    Very happy that I switched to them. Be good if they did electric too.
  • Xenon
    Xenon Posts: 235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Been with Zog since the beginning of this year and no problems at all.
    I provide meter readings on the last day of each month and receive a pdf bill by email about 8 days later.
    Very happy that I switched to them. Be good if they did electric too.

I have been with Zog Energy couple of years now - pretty much excellent.
    I asked if they have plans to supply electric - they said yes but not until 2018/19 if i remember.

The difference between them and my old suppliers SP/NPower are night and day.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looking forward to Zog's offerings if they were to start supplying electricity. Been with them since January 27th this year, no problems whatsoever. Great company, recommend them to anybody.

My fixed tariff entered the 49 day switching window today so bang on cue at 4am today there was the automated email inviting me to renew my tariff.

Saturn 12 is the cheapest option going now for me, only an increase of £21 a year over what I was already paying so not too bad I suppose (was expecting far worse) and fixes me until February 2018 with no exit fees so if the market does move downward (doubtable but remotely plausible) my options are open.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback