Music Magpie

Options

Comments

• Jake07
    Jake07 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2013 at 2:15PM
    Options
    I just got a quote for my Samsung netbook Intel Atom NC10 model - I literally burst out laughing when I saw what they offred - £6.80. For a good netbook!!! I sincerely hope that was a glitch in their engine.
    Has anyone tried music magpie yet to sell off their unwanted CD's etc.

Over the past 20 years I have gained a collection of over 700 CD Albums. I have shelves full of DVD's etc and I think its time for a spring clean and to get some fresh material in.
    Just tried this site and It is not a great price thats for sure.

Da Vinci Code (special edition 2 disc set) offered £0.30p :eek:
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Streaming has killed the value of CD and DVD's - only those genuinely collectable will get a reasonable amount offered, but like the phone recycling sites - you will always get more if you sell it yourself.
  • JamesK10
    JamesK10 Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Now they're apparently expanding into clothing, who'd trust what they were posted unseen? At least with CDs and DVDs, MM make the effort to clean up discs and maybe substitute iffy packaging, and I was happy buying the Star Wars prequel DVDs from there just because Lucas always deletes the old set when releasing a new one.

But clothing shopping, boring though it is, I'd rather still go to the shop, see it and then buy it.
  • grintricha
    grintricha Posts: 223 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Seems a little unfair to give everyone 30p for a dvd regardless of what it is. I think I shall steer well clear and thanks guys for making me aware of the 30p per DVD. If I had time even a carboot may bring in some money and get rid of the clutter.

So much for having a price calculator -they may as well say any DVD 30p :mad:

I did it, and while 30p is the norm they aren't all, weirdly they didn't want sean of the dead, just said nope don't want it, but then paid £1.30 for a davina mccall workout dvd? go figure

it was definitely the no hassle option, spent an evening while watching tv scanning them, chap picked them up, recieved cheque, lemon squeezey

I don't think a car boot would get you much more for considerably more effort
  • joeyboy
    joeyboy Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jake07 wrote: »
    I just got a quote for my Samsung netbook Intel Atom NC10 model - I literally burst out laughing when I saw what they offred - £6.80. For a good netbook!!! I sincerely hope that was a glitch in their engine.

Not just you, someone got offered £6 for their laptop and £3 for their Ipod. Hell the laptop is probably worth more as scrap metal taken from the mobo. :p
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    They are probably hoping some "idiots" will say "yes that is a good price" and accept it without making comparisons.
  • Sanchsoot49
    Options
    What makes me laugh about Music magpie (besides the terrible prices they offer) is how they say you can donate what they pay you straight to charity! I think I would prefer to give CD's/DVD's straight to charity and cut out the grasping middle man ..........
  • Hezzawithkids
    Options
    I only use MM to sell DS's DVDs and games and only after comparing them with CEX, Game etc. Sometimes they are worth it, sometimes not and considerably less hassle than a car boot or ebay. As with everything, shop around. Failing that they go to the charity shop.
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I sold 3 lots of orders to Magpie over a period of 6 months, going via Quidco to get an extra 10% back.

All 3 were declined, however raising cashback claims gets the cashback assuming the conditions were met (no rejects).
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I did not know you could get cashback on MM trades- thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure