Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 August 2016 at 6:30AM
    Options
    I don't know,if you've been hovering, Flybaby, but if you are..........

Happy Birthday!

BDdrivebyYankee.gif~c200

(It's also Mummyroysof3's birthday, but I haven't seen her around for yonks. But just in case you're hovering.......)

happy-birthday.gif
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Wellyboots6
    Wellyboots6 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    Options
    Wow Pyxis, how do you remember everyone's birthdays? I struggle to remember my own, and keep getting Escapettes wrong!

Happy birthday everyone! (Or those it is relevant to at least, although maybe that will cover me now for a year for everyone else anyway!)
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Wow Pyxis, how do you remember everyone's birthdays? I struggle to remember my own, and keep getting Escapettes wrong!

Happy birthday everyone! (Or those it is relevant to at least, although maybe that will cover me now for a year for everyone else anyway!)

:D:D I wrote them down!

Trouble is, remembering to look and see if any are coming up! When I was ill and offline, I suddenly had a mad panic one day in case I'd missed anybody! Phew! I hadn't!

If I ever do miss anyone, it's either because I didn't know the date in the first place, or something like being ill or really, really busy, so please don't think you've been left out on purpose! :eek:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I started a 6 week futurelearn course at the start of August. I've done less than half of the first week :o.
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Happy Birthday Fly baby and Mummyroysof3!

Hello Usernameisvalid. I am sorry things are so hard right now, I know just what you mean about it being hard to talk about things, even though it's usually good for me sometimes saying what the problem is can make it feel even more real, you feel if you start talking you might never stop. We hear you and recognise your pain, you are always welcome to post here under any username.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Usernameisvalid, I hope things improve for you soon.

Happy birthday to the birthday people _party_

I nearly missed Bake Off last night!! IzHe and I had gone for a drink after work and only remembered when we were heading home, at just gone 8, that it started yesterday. Fortunately we were only about 10 mins away so managed to catch most of it.

Most weeks I end up trying out something that they've done and I'm now debating whether I should make a drizzle cake (lemon drizzle is IzHe's favourite) or attempt the mirror shine. If I do that I think I'll have to go for an ordinary sponge though - they're 12 of the best amateur bakers in the country and they struggled with genoise so I don't think it's something I should attempt!!
  • Pyxis
    Options
    I've never watched it and I don't intend to.

Penguin re. Food.....

I'm having a lot of problems with food at the moment, and with will-power, a bad combination, so I immediately change channels if any food progs appear. A cake prog for me would be like dangling heroin in front of an addict!

End penguin.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Reply to Pyxis I can understand that, I really need to get a grip where food's concerned but don't seem to be able to manage it at the moment.
    Sorry, I've now realised just how much I witter on here about things I've baked and I'll try to remember to penguin stuff in future.
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2016 at 9:46AM
    Options
    Hi usernameisvalid, sorry to hear things are tough for you at the moment.

Happy Birthday to Flybaby and MRof3! :bdaycake:

My Uncle has just phoned. Well the phone first went about 9, but as I had a feeling it would be him and wasn't decided what I was doing today yet, I didn't answer it. Rang again about 5 mins ago, so I thought I better hadn't ignore it twice! Today's plan was to cycle about a few miles (ok cool), then go up a fell (hell no!) and then cycle back. I'll do both seperately, but not together on the same day! So we're just doing an extended version of our normal bike ride. Gotta make the most of the nice weather.

Lemon drizzle is D's favourite too Izzy! I want to attempt the mirror shine, and I might even try to attempt a Genoise, I've never made one before.

Edit: just saw your post Pyxis. Would you prefer things like that penguined in future?
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    usernameisvalid - do you know that we have a lovely (virtual) fort here? When things get too much, just crawl in (feel free to use the pool) and people will drop by with lovely cake samples and anything else your little heart desires.

All silly, I know, except that thinking about this, and visualising it, will help. And as people drop by with refreshments you know they are thinking of you. I have left a shiny glazed cake there just for you xxxxx

And of course there are wonderful birthday cakes for Fly and MR3! xxxxxxx Have a great day, both of you xxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback