NST August: Cut the chaff

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We are back from our little jaunt. We had sandwiches, cake and drinks (bought I'm afraid) from a lovely deli and sat by the river. Also had a mocha which we all shared. Got DD a lovely leaf print dress for £3.49 from the CS and DS an xbox game for £1.50.

Tonight's meet up with friends has been pushed back to the end of the month now so money saved there. Will go cycling then have a bath and paint my nails instead.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • evkizzy
    evkizzy Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Loosing weight, fighting money-stealing men and midges... Well done you lot! ;)

I’ve been making money for the M10AD challenge but using to balance out my overspending. I set myself incredibly tiny budgets this month (£40 usually around £100) for social life and (£95 usually just over £200) food and household shopping. Maybe they were grossly unreasonable budgets but I’m doing my best to stick to them.

A true testament to my super-savviness is that I’ve not touched my CC or DC this month at all! and I have £38.35 left for food with15 days to go. The bank balance is sitting at £23ish but by not spending it I’ve not needed to put myself into more debt.

Though my true profit of the M10AD challenge is at £1.81 (from £60+), the rest of the money from cashback apps and roadkill, and deposits from art commissions and my secret supper club, has been used to sub my budgets.

I’ve had 4/16 NSDs - unless I miraculously only spend money on one more day this month, it doesn’t seem possible - but I’m going for it anyway. I’ve not been spending lots but I can’t ignore popping out for bread and Tofurky slices for OHs pack-up.

Yesterday I was naughty and bought a dress at a pre-loved pop-up but I am going to be selling the organiser a load of clothes as soon as I’ve got them ironed so maybe it was an investment? Excuses excuses!

My FB time is waaaaay down and I’ve not had a drop of alcohol this month.... I’m usually a right, regular wine-o! :P I’ve taken to iced coffee as an alternative, refreshing, summer beverage. I’d have spent around £20 so far on drinks so far (based on the bottle of wine I’d have had at supper club, the pint or 2 at the sunny outdoor live music event and the pub quiz last night) so that’s a £20 saving.

I also got another life modelling job offer. I start tomorrow. It’s a 6 hour session so that’s a much needed £90 cash injection.

Hope you’re all having an inspiring week so far!
    Ev Kizzy Make £10 A Day August Challenge: £364.54/£310
    Loan: remaining balance £771/ £3,500 CCs: paid £194.76/£4436.75
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    evkizzy two queries, what is Tofurky? And you do life modelling, wow, how did you get into that?
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Thanks Bob Sure we will have fun. Don't like guiness here - hope it tastes different over there.

It does. Its sweeter. I have been told its due to the water they use being nicer than here. But may be blarney :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks all :) It's not fun and anyone else who has dealt with similar has my total sympathy :( But enough of that for now!

Calling - have a fab time - Dublin is a great city - vibrant, noisy & friendly in my experience - I loved it :)

Stuff - lots of things have left today including a broken laptop, 3 pairs of school shoes from last term, 2 pairs of oH's shoes, some unwanted clothes, empty cardboard boxes from toys, 2 new mirrors accidentally broken and other bits. Tidying/ sorting/ cleaning has taken place and some areas are looking much better as a result! :D

.NSD. OH spent on some plumbling bits for the BTL but that's chargeable expense to that account so I don't include it. I will need to shop tomorrow, though - we need milk. My mum put 12 pints in the fridge for when we came home on Sat and we then bought a further 20 on SUnday. From those 32 pints we have just under 4 left!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Steps @ 8.5K today but I did leave fitbit off for about an hour as it was out of charge so there are a bit more than that in reality. Active mins are only 12 - have been sat down doing paperwork :(

Screen time - lots spent at laptop - but not in pursuit of leisure, so not included. Leisure time at around an hour, I'd guess. I may set a timer and do 3 x 20 mins tomorrow and see how that works out. I have not watched any tv at all today, not even the news.:)

Night all x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Morning
    Buyer collected the item last night so thats £185 off to the bank today.
    Had 2 good things happen for the business too. Although at the moment it is looking like there is going to be a longer lead into getting things going financially. Have money into all months from here to November but nothing substantial enough yet to standalone without our help.
    I am trying to enjoy this time my son is off school but cant help but worry that I need to get some actual paid work as well to help the budget balance.
    Oh well.
    Right better get up and on.
    Greent we must have the polar opposite of milk consumption rates. No one uses it in our house except for tea so a pint lasts for a week.

Bob

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning Turtles,

Yesterday was a NSD I am glad to report.

I was hoping today and maybe tomorrow would be however today won’t. It’s my turn to cook for FIFA night so I’ll need to go a SM. I’ll also buy some other bits and bobs and use my spend day to full advantage.

Stay strong Turtles!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Yay to the sale bob

Yesterday was going great until I bought a takeaway. Not even sure why I did, just felt like it. It was lovely but absolutely unnecessary.

Today is a spend day as the fluffy dog needed grooming, has this done twice a year, and have an exercise class later, although the money for this is already put aside.

This afternoon I'm going to batch cook some chilli and then I'll have tea sorted for after my class :) Alresfy walked one dog for over an hour but will take them all out in a minute.

Hope you're all having a good day and it's staying dry where you are.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Hi All

Confession time here too. We have been so caged up at home the last 2 weeks that I decided to take the children into central to meet up with my husband on his lunch break. £10 top up on my oyster this morning. Although that was the first travel money of any kind I have spent in weeks. I would guess £7 of that is gone as that is the daily cap.
    Went to Pr@t to have lunch. We all got a sandwich, had a hot drink per adult and 1 chocolate bar. Cost was £18. Nearly choked. I know food out is expensive but you can tell I dont get out much.
    We went to the local park near husbands office for a bit then he went back and I took the kids on to Corams Fields which is lovely if you havent been there.
    On the way back DS wanted to stop into a sweet shop which had a load of Harry Potter stuff. He chose an oversize lolly, 2 packs of Bertie Bots Every Flavour beans, a chocolate frog and a jelly bean gun. £19.95!!!!
    After that I thought blow it. And we had a takeaway costalot and a juice.
    I need to sit on that naughty step !
    Bob

• shyspender
    shyspender Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning Turtles,

Yesterday was a NSD I am glad to report.

I was hoping today and maybe tomorrow would be however today won’t. It’s my turn to cook for FIFA night so I’ll need to go a SM. I’ll also buy some other bits and bobs and use my spend day to full advantage.

Stay strong Turtles!

Speky From what I have read of you in the challenges and on your diary the FIFA night is a regular thing? Can you not plan for this in your weekly or monthly shopping so that it doesn't have to break a NSD?
    Feb NST #4
    Food £16.55/£200, Fuel £0/£250, Ents £17.47/£180, General £4/£100, SFD 8/15, LTW 11/16
    Debt Free Date Friday 29th March 2014 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport