your biggest gaming letdown?

Options
this is inspired by a recent experience. what is the biggest letdown you have had? it could be a game, a console, whatever.
for me i loved killzone 2 and killzone 3 on the ps3. i recently got killzone shadowfall second hand. it is terrible, such a letdown compared to the previous games. it is extremely difficult from the start. there are swarms of bad guys continually coming for you and there is no way to hide to protect yourself. it only takes a couple of shots to kill you. the way marker is not clear. you have a drone that is supposed to help but it does not work well. some of the controls arent in the menu and appear the first time you need them on screen but dont appear ever again. so if you forget them later you are stuffed.

Comments

• Class_Clown
    Options
    LA Noire. Pre-ordered it just because it was made by rockstar. Next minute I'm looking around for clues, taking notes, and questioning people. Never played it again.
  • parking_question_chap
    Options
    Dungeon Keeper 2. Not due to the game, just my computer at the time was not powerful enough to run the graphics.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    L.A. Noire is worth it when you get into the storyline. But it's really not a lot like other Rockstar games.

I think my biggest gaming let down was when games such as SSX stopped having split screen multiplayer options. I appreciate for certain games you're only really gonna play multiplayer online. But with so many of us more likely to have a bigger screen now, or to even have a spare screen... I feel like it's a missed opportunity.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    No mans sky what a shocker
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    preable wrote: »
    thanks, i was considering that if it was cheap in the sales as well.
  • philnicandevan
    Options
    preable wrote: »

Hmm Agreed...the PC version I had could have been so so much better
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • Mobeer
    Mobeer Posts: 1,851 Forumite
    Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Balance of Power 1990: would not run on my ST as too little memory.

Then I traded for the original Balance of Power and didn't like that much either, as it lacked a way to negotiate out of a crisis.
  • FredG
    FredG Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    LA Noire. Pre-ordered it just because it was made by rockstar. Next minute I'm looking around for clues, taking notes, and questioning people. Never played it again.

I think LA Noire was ruined by expectation for some people. It was never gonna be another GTA clone, I for one loved it for the change of tact.

My biggest disappointment would probably be blind-buying WWF Wrestlemania as a kid on the SNES and discovering that all the characters had identical movesets and the only thing that changed was the character sprite. Terrible.
  • BrassicWoman
    Options
    skyrim, due to the sheer amount of time faffing about trying to find paths up mountains. why did my dog never know the way???
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    skyrim, due to the sheer amount of time faffing about trying to find paths up mountains. why did my dog never know the way???

I always dislike WRPG's (and even JRPG's are coming more Westernised now) bar some early Dungeons and Dragons style ones.

Never saw the interest in Skyrim, though understood in a way that being open ended meant people could do just about anything in it.

Sure they are pretty, and open ended but it feels like you have to make the enjoyment yourself and being open ended means exactly no structure so you can run around for ages and get nowhere, its a lot how I think about massive Hollywood movies especially ones with CGI, pretty, may have a heavy plot but feels too in your face at the wrong moments

Give me a good especially old fashioned JRPG where I can have a set story pace, roam a world map where I can't get too lost and end up in an area where I am slaughtered, and where I can backtrack and upgrade myself whilst still finding secrets.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure