RichL74 Posts: 938 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No Mans Sky.
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    More gaming letdowns recently. I have been playing battlefield one and I have found it flips between being easy and being hard. The second area is a flying part of the game. It starts with a training level and that is so hard I can't even get past that. You are in the mountains and are expected to follow another plane that is twisting and turning. You have to keep up with it for a period of time to progress and avoid hitting a mountain at the same time. Luckily you can quit and try another area of the game which is what I did. Sadly I hit problems there also. It's easy at first but then you have to fight off lots of planes with a big gun. Unless your aiming is great you die before you can destroy them all.
    Another letdown is titanfall 2. The controls are terrible and graphics are poor also. I got to a part where you have to run along walls jumping from one to the other but I just end up falling to my death before I get to the end. Luckily this was just the demo and didn't cost me anything.
    I am downloading the demo for watchdogs two now. Hopefully this won't be another disappointment.
    Out of interest has anyone played horizon zero dawn? What is that like. Does that have any potentially annoying bits?
  • maas
    maas Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    step forward Deus Ex - Invisible War

Dont get me wrong, the first game was always a hard act to follow, but my god they messed up IW in every way. The universal ammo, repetitive and forgettable NPC's, linear and predictable story, small artificial and unconnected maps.

A stinker in every way.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    maas wrote: »
    step forward Deus Ex - Invisible War

Dont get me wrong, the first game was always a hard act to follow, but my god they messed up IW in every way. The universal ammo, repetitive and forgettable NPC's, linear and predictable story, small artificial and unconnected maps.

A stinker in every way.

Human evolution was so hard I traded it in.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    Well watchdogs 2 is another game I won't be getting. How does GTA 5 compare? Is that too hard also? I mean does it have tasks where you must somehow sneak into a place unseen that has about 20 bad guys patrolling everywhere who call the whole police force the second they spot you and that police force arrives in about 5 seconds.
    I am starting to think that they have purposely decided to make most games super tough this gen.
  • tho_2
    tho_2 Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well watchdogs 2 is another game I won't be getting. How does GTA 5 compare? Is that too hard also? I mean does it have tasks where you must somehow sneak into a place unseen that has about 20 bad guys patrolling everywhere who call the whole police force the second they spot you and that police force arrives in about 5 seconds.
    I am starting to think that they have purposely decided to make most games super tough this gen.

I didn't find Watchdogs 2 that difficult. If you use the drones to access areas you can either complete the mission or clear yourself a path. Stay outside the restricted area zone until it's neccesary and know what you want to do/where to go. By the time you reach the get into heavily armed bases levels you should also be able to block the phone calls.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    tho wrote: »
    I didn't find Watchdogs 2 that difficult. If you use the drones to access areas you can either complete the mission or clear yourself a path. Stay outside the restricted area zone until it's neccesary and know what you want to do/where to go. By the time you reach the get into heavily armed bases levels you should also be able to block the phone calls.

It seems to me like you need a decent instruction booklet so that you know all this. I sometimes think they think we have mind reading abilities.
  • RitaCami
    RitaCami Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    RichL74 wrote: »
    No Mans Sky.
    ^ This. It was a massive disappointment. The hype was well undeserved.

While we're at it, we should just add Mass Effect : Andromeda.
  • robthomas88
    robthomas88 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LA Noire wasn't made by Rockstar, they just published it. It was made by Australian studio Team Bondi
  • robthomas88
    robthomas88 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I was disappointed by Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Human Revolution was so good and a gorgeous game to play, but it's sequel had an uninteresting and confusing plot and I didn't like that most of the game was set during the day, it lost it's cyberpunk feel not being set at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure