kdalwayskint - again!

Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    kdalwayskint Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 January 2015 at 7:00PM
    Options
    I've done a bit of de cluttering but didn't really find much to put on Eb@y, thrown a lot of carp in the bin and listed 7 home sewn bags some starting for 99p but a couple I've started at £2.

The washing seems never ending today, should have got some done yesterday!

I've packaged up the couple of bits that sold on Eb@y yesterday.

I'm starting to feel peckish so I'm gonna go find some food and make sandwiches for tomorrow's lunches.

Yep Judi rock and roll :)
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Have you thought about selling your bags on the book of face??? :D I bought some from a lovely MSE lady. Not bags but soup bowl covers... they are awesome!

Hugs! Every little helps ;) xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    I haven't been on here much this week, seems to be a few programs on tv I like at the moment, but I've been chipping away at being MSE :p

Can report my NSD for the month as 20/20 :j it was close and I didn't think I was going to make it!

Meal planning is working well, I get 4 nights a week not cooking OH & DS both have 2 nights cooking each, which is great as I hate cooking!

I've given meter readings to both old and new energy suppliers :D

I managed to a get 0% card and have done a balance transfer so that I can fight off the mega % card :T

I don't think I've got anything else MSE to report for the week.

No major jobs required this weekend
    1. keep Eb@y ticking over ~ nothing sold this week
    2. go for a jog/walk with the dog
    3. beat the washing mountain!

I've had the washing machine on and I think I'm on the third load for today - I've had a moan at DS as he has a shower everyday and uses a clean towel everyday! I've told him he can use a towel more than once and that he knows how to work the washing machine!

The dog and I have been for our jog/walk my legs are achy and he's been asleep for a bit!

The bags I've got listed on Eb@y haven't sold, I think it's because the fabric I've used on them is a bit plain and boring where the ones that sold last week had a bit of a theme about them.

I used the last of my gift voucher to purchase a half metre of some fantastic fabric, it's got hedgehogs on it, it was quite expensive but I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't had the voucher I got for my birthday.

Not much else going on here!

Happy weekend everyone x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Fabric sounds gorgeous.

Don't even start me on towel arguments. I rotate from being disgusted by hims ability to dry himself with his dressing gown for months on end... to supreme frustration that his feet and hair take a towel each and those end up dumped in wet piles until they smell when I don't pick them up constantly. :rotfl: thus then end up being washed so much more than mine.

Have a lovely weekend!!! :D xx
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Right I need a NSD target for Feb!

I think I'll try to get 18.

Oh and I checked my savings for Jan yesterday
    £30 - Car Fund - I usually claw this back every month!
    £40 - Christmas Fund - still want to get this up to where it should be by the end of Feb.
    £28.16 - Emergency Fund - going slowly but regular amount going in each month - should be able to put extra in due to no council tax.

Total savings for Jan = £98.16 :T
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kdalwayskint - your savings pots are great - every penny counts - I really need to do this! last months expenses wiped out all savings plans with the boiler and wedding - must try to do this in Feb!

Keep going you're doing great!
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    I will join you on 18 NSD's!! Have done 18/19 the last 2 months, but this month is harder as there are only 28 days to start with!!

Plan your month now. If you HAVE to spend for something on a Weds, get bread, milk, and anything else that you might need. Buy a birthday present if you need to, pick up toiletries... etc ;)

Yesterday I did the weeks shopping, stocked nappies for the month, and got babywipes. I bought myself a rucksack which is much needed for work & saving my back, then bought friend a scarf for her birthday & sorted out with sister what my nephews present is. All because I had to pay nursery fees :D paid the month upfront for those too, saving me 2 more spend days!

Your savings pots are brilliant. Don't knock them! At the end of the day, you have money set aside incase something happens... that is all that matters!!

Well done you :D xx
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Aww thanks Judi and Lilty for your words of encouragement.

I know my pots are small at the moment but they are there, this time last year there were no pots anywhere!

I'm feeling chuffed because I hit my NSD target, I've got 3 healthy little pots and managed to pay an extra amount on top of the minimum payment to my crappy CC :j

It's all good :D

I'm planning the rest of this week will be NSD except Saturday as I've got the dog booked for a pamper. I've got a spendy planned day on Tuesday 10th as it's pay day so I'll be having my big Mr T delivery, I need to look into it but I'll also be getting my DS his provisional licence as part of his birthday gift (birthday 1st March) if I think of anything else I'll do it on Tuesday!

Love to all x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Don't forget the passport pics for the license. Cost an arm and a blimmin leg! I am going for NSD's till the 12th now after spending today. x
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Wow, can't believe I've been away for so many days!

Been watching American Horror Story series 1 & 2, planking, jogging and being poorly!

I've been keeping track of NSD and to the amusement of a work colleague putting some money to one side in my purse and not handing it over today as it was a NSD!

Plans for the weekend:
    • proper update with NSD and pot updates
    • decide what to make our of my latest fabric in readiness for making next week
    • washing pile ~ as usual!
    • planking ~ need to catch up as not done a few days

Much love to all MSE friends, I shall pop in and see you properly tomorrow, quickly popped in tonight to see one of you has been making a spread sheet, one of you has had lost PE kit, and one of you has been talking a lot about the contents of nappies!

Catch you properly over the weekend xxx
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income