Day 6

NSD: 3/18
    Food: 44.95/£100
    Exercise: 10k Steps - 4/20
    Cycling - 0/10
    Study 1 hour: 2/25
    Clear out: 13/30
    Extra income: £30.30/£100

I have slacked off a little and its not helping my mental health, I feel so much better when I'm more motivated. I have a lot of deadlines coming up so I need to get on top of these, I usually work better when I have deadlines coming up.

Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all turtles :j

Checking in: 6/30

NSDs: 4/15 now..won't be many more this week as CS duty & shopping tomorrow, also hair appt & shopping Wednesday....

Organise: Need to get to grips with this, today hasn't been too productive tbh. Just realised that the dining room which is having the carpet replaced on the 15th, could do with painting. Not a full redecoration but the walls need doing. It would make sense to paint it before the carpet comes...so the focus now really should be on that. Must. Do. Better..

Value for money - Made DD buns to take in for night shift tonight as they had such a difficult few days over Bonfire night. Made 18 buns & all from stores, now have no butter, milk and only one egg (!) left. Also made do with what we had in for meals, made spag bol - garlic bread crusts anyone? Surprisingly nice tbh.

Exercise - No only usual pottering

Mental health - Not too bad even though didn't get out really. Hard frost but lovely sunshine, got washing out. Animals loved it.

Be Christmas ready
    - Collected together a few gifts that were stashed, need to make list urgently now.

Eat well - Ok but not great, not too much sweet stuff as sent all buns made in. Only had one left which I cut in half.

Report - Gratitudes - Horrified to find one of the pooches had entertained himself by taking a pair of DDs favourite pale grey suede trainers off the shoe console & removing the furry pom-poms...at first I thought he had killed a couple of rodents :rotfl: DH to the rescue with super glue & none the wiser...whew. Managed to finish another pair of HM socks & actually am wearing them - can confirm that as DD says they are incredibly warm & comfy. Despite making several pairs, these are they first I've managed to claim for myself..
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Dottydaisy
    Options
    Not good at checking in but otherwise keeping an eye on spending.
    Petrol £25.05/£70
    Food £37.00/£300
    NSD2/30 days not having a target as I find I spend less if I shop more often
    Spent today on food from liddly, stocked up on pasta, couscous,veges and fizzy drinks along side usual bread etc.
    Had to get some mouse repellent for the garage, they seem to have moved in again after doing damage to things stored in there last winter.
    exercise have booked three sessions for this week
    value for money bought my mum a senior railcard with £15 of Tesco vouchers so saved £30 on the card and bought our new year tickets to visit my eldest dd and family for £44 instead of £66. Mum (aged 94) won washing up liquid at bingo and donated it to us. Last time it was a Ringtons tea mug with hot chocolate stuff so that is being repurposed for a Christmas present.
    Eat well feeding us from fridge, freezer and cupboards. Yesterday turkey steaks and veges, and today some vegetarian cheese plaits, couscous and salad stuff, Enjoyed both meals.
    Mental health I have various health issues concerning chronic pain and when this is bad so is my MH. Am going to try and use meditation to see if it helps. Have taken last months eat a frog and trying to do household tasks as tiny frogs and rest in between.
    Gratitudes For the lovely birds using the feeder in the garden
    For the telephone call from my brother in America to say he is visiting England before Christmas HipHip Hurray.
    For the sunshine after the frost
    That there have been no fireworks tonight dogs did not like them. I think so much money has been spent on them that could easily have provided a nights shelter for a homeless person, food for the food banks, more for the nhs etc- but maybe I am a spoilsport I think one night is enough not three!
    For my mum still being able to go to bingo amongst other things despite her age.

Hugs to all who need them xx
    NSD 1/3,
    My mantra is After I ....I will. eg After I make my morning coffee, I will take my medication. Eventually this will become a habit,
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm a bit late but waited till I had something to report. Mum and I went to the chair based exercise class and it was really good, the emphasis is on improving circulation, strengthening muscles and building heart and lung resilience. Mum did really well - one of the other participants was envious (she had fibromyalgia, a fused vertibrae in her pelvis and another problem in the upper half of her spine). Very sensible and useful. the course runs for 10 weeks but we miss out Day and New Year's Day so it will run into January.

Did not sleep last night and am still awake today (Monday into Tuesday - think I might have had 4 hours sleep maximum, 2 little naps, in the last 47 hours.

Mum dropped me off at home after the exercise class as I had quite a lot to do. So fed up of the mess in my room so have made a start (well a restart because lots of trays/ boxes are sorted or part sorted already).

Concentrated on things I don't need for now and stashed them in the bottom of the wardrobe (should have drawers in but can't be used because of where the wardrobe is). So big pile of craft magazines (going to leave them until the ones I have already cut up into pictures, card toppers, templates, ideas and greetings are getting low. Ditto with Christmas and halloweeen stuff - have enough for this year, save these for next year. Then photo album, my old tax stuff, mum's old tax stuff, deeds and purchase details (+ improvements) to all 3 houses (mine, mum's old house prviously my grandma's and the bungalow), dad file, brother file (both deceased) and the padded envelopes are tucked in behind my boots. Think I can probably extract another tray full of non-urgent paperwork, maybe 2. Then I should only have the things I need to be able to refer to frequently in my room.

Have nested 3 square boxes and two small oblong ones - square ones are posssibly strong enough to make into a shelving/ storage unit (have decided I need to be super frugal). Some of the cardboard (I only realised the other day that I left a stack of card in their room) is going to be cut to fit one of mum's cupboards (think single wardrobe) and she is going to have a stash of tinned goods stacked up neatly in there (in case of bad weather or us both being poorly). I also want to cut some circles, hearts and stars to use as the base for some wreaths at crafts.

Several of my smaller boxes are now in use, the sewing stuff (normal sewing not embroidery) are in one of the sets of cardboard drawers although I think there are lots more buttons and maybe some other bits hanging around (box they were in fell over and some went under the bed).

I have also sewn the buttons on DS2's winter coat as they were loose. Saw laminate man whilst I was waiting for my taxi, so shouted after him and talked to him about doing the flooring at DS1's and his fiancee's new house (as in not yet fully built - it's their first house). He has promised to drop off his new phone number.

Today I am grateful for good weather, easy food from stores, the exercise class being lovely and getting somewhere with my room. Going to try sleeping for a bit now, the painkillers have kicked in (lots of bending and lifting).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sashanut goodness! One egg!! Congratulations on using them all up. I will miss the egg updates!:D
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick check in

Yesterday was SFD number 2.

Work was manic and today will be more so. I’m currently in bed and wishing I didn’t have to go in.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSDs - yesterday was 3/18, I did buy some stuff for work but will get reimbursed today so not counting that.

Organise - £32.62/£150 food, £44 social/£50. Forgot to say that I got paid £52.98 on Friday from 2nd job so £50 to cover social spends and £2.98 to the debt.

Value for money - nothing here.

Exercise - just the usual walk to and from work, was supposed to go for a run with my friend but it's been rescheduled for tomorrow.

Mental health - yesterday was a incredibly draining day at work and I can see today being the same :(

Be Christmas ready - still not made list or budget, I plan to phone today to take out Christmas savings.

Eat well - went very well for most of the day including yummy ys gammon, him wedges and lots of veg and then I ate a big bar of chocolate :o

Report daily - 6/11, grateful for my OH (he knows if I've had a crap day, I need peace and quiet when I get home so he just leaves me be until I'm ready to talk), chocolate and a cosy flat.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 7 November 2017 at 9:21AM
    Options
    NSDs - Shopping being delivered today, so not a NSD.

Organise - Groceries £137.98/£200
    Petrol £0/£150 (I can't believe DH hasn't put petrol in yet so will check the banks today).

Value for money - used a few T£sco vouchers to get £5 off the delivery saver, so only paying £2.66 a month. Considering I usually get the £5 or £6 slot, even if I only have one delivery a month I'm saving money!

Exercise - only housework yesterday, and same today I expect.
    Week 1 3/4

Mental health - Feeling alright this morning, although slept a bit weird and had intense dreams which always unsettles me for a while.

Be Christmas ready - more presents arrived yesterday, and my family have sent their lists over. I need to do mine - what are you all asking for this year?

Eat well - I think I've planned this week's meals well enough that we should eat fairly healthily.

Report - I'm grateful that my new WM should arrive today as we have dirty nappies piling up now, and that DS seems a bit brighter this morning. I'm grateful that my CB got paid yesterday because I always forget about it when I plan for the month, so it's like spare money every month.

Edit: checking the banks has led me to have to add *loads* more into our grocery spends as DH is rubbish at taking his lunches to work :wall:
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Yesterday beat me, though was a SFD first of the month. Hubby threw out a thing I have listed on ebay, and a list minute school closure notice. No school for DD2 today - one day they'll give the new building a clean bill of health. It's getting ridiculous and impacting her education. Growled a lot at the only remaining ward councillor still with an ok reputation.

Groceries PW 80.00/£75.61
    Petrol PW £25.00/£00.00
    NSD 1/12
    Exercise PW 1/3
    Monthly Social inc extra fuel: 4.95/50.00 (incl. today's *bucks spend)

Half School run: 1/5
    DD1 School Dinners Monthly £15/£45
    Carpet Fund: £33.25

Feeling grateful for past organisational things meaning today won't be a complete disaster.

Feeling harassed, today is a spend day I've some things reserved from Big Book of Dreams. Also need a jumper and new trews, the zip completely shattered on the last charity shop find. Will try to resist the "I need sugar" urge. :(
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All-

Just checking in-

Today in NSD #3 - aiming for one tomorrow and to be at 6 by Sunday! Fingers crossed.

Organise- got up early, put tea in the slow cooker, peeled and covered potatoes. Arrived at work in time to look at some paperwork I needed to sort for my pension, that is another thing off the list. I will call sky on my lunch. I am on fire ha ha ha

Value & christmas- wont be spending so nothing to save again.

Excersize and healthy eating-off for a run tonight, bfast was Weetabix, chicken casserole for tea. so not too bad.

Mental health- feeling good for being on top on things! Nothing knocks my mental health more than feeling overwhelmed and I always do when i feel like I am behind with things.

Have a good day everyone, I will do gratitudes later :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport