Bonfires and fireworks - NST November challenge

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,444 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Check in 5 /30 :)

NSDs Still on 2/12, did the weekly shop today, updated total in signature. Also bought a birthday card for one of my grandchildren, as I saw the exact one she would like :)
    Organise Not feeling very organised today as OH is in bed with a bad back, and most of the day has involved running up and downstairs :(
    Value for money Shopping came in at less than half last week's spend, but this was expected :)
    Exercise Walking the dog and running up and down the stairs count?
    Mental health Can't think of anything much here. 3 consecutive nights of fireworks aren't doing much for the dog's though :(
    Christmas Nothing today
    Eat well Quite good today :)

Grateful for

Tonight being hopefully the last night of fireworks (sorry to moan, but it is beyond a joke round here - I thought people had no money?? )
    Good food and a warm house :)
    Looking forward to watching Blue Planet on TV a bit later :)
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    SFDs yesterday and today and lots of sleep.

Grateful for
    Birds - very noisy on Thursday. Birds seemed to be in my rafters - one did a long trilling 'call-sign' followed by chatter from the others. Looked out of the window and they were all lined up on the Town Hall and a large warehouse building. Never heard them being 'summoned' before. First lot had left for the south an hour later, just a few left perching - must not have been their turn.
    Sleep - wanted to get things done but must have needed the sleep
    Decorated drawers looking good
    Things I have got done - 2 loads of washing, most of the washing up, filled the recycling bin with cans and bottles, made a start on the green bin, cleaned the bath
    Having a good read
    Quick food from the freezer.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 November 2017 at 9:29PM
    Options
    Day 5
    NSD achieved - 3/20
    Clear out - deleted some emails and a tidy bit of paper recycling.
    Organise - Did a list of things I wanted to do, managed to achieve everything. Made an apple crumble for pudding after dinner, also mince pies which will go with lunches this week.
    Mental health - Managed to have some rest time. I find that doing the dishes every night helps me to cope with the morning.
    Grateful for:
    Having a good productive day.
    Apple crumble.
    Having a restful afternoon and evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,723 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for good connecting buses, for a lovely hot bath, for dh building a mini bonfire in our mini garden, for dd doing her english hwk without moaning, for starting on some bunting I have to do, for finishing our two shoe boxes, for a warm coat.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mummylewis
    Options
    Evening all!

Gutted today I spent, realised we were almost out of milk and not enough pasta for tea so had to nip to the garage on the way home. Grrr. Stuck on 1/15.

Organize - had a good old sort today whilst DD napped. She afforded me an hour and half so I got all laundry sorted and away. New drawers filled. Some clothes put aside for charity shop/recycle, bin bags worth. Got some stuff out of the spare room, that task is slowly but surely getting there.

Mental health - felt good after being productive. Dark nights are rubbish though.

Christmas - have sorted some stuff with mum, giving her some stuff I got for DH and she's giving the money owed to DB for my part of DSFs present!

Gratitudes - the heating works, DDs long nap, the glass of Bailey's in my hand ;)
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Well I have managed to have 3 no spends days so far!
    For me that is a major achievement these days.
    I shopped at Aldi last Wednesday and I am aiming not to buy anymore food until next Wednesday!
    I am making our lunches to take with us for school and work.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • seekingthesunlight
    Options
    Bit late, but can I please join? Going to give myself a target of 15 NSDs for the rest of November, I really need to cut back on spending in a big way.

Sealed Pot Challenge No. 179!
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry didn't realise I hadn't checked in yesterday.
    It was a spend day! Couldn't find my sewing up needles anywhere so a friend and I went to a new wool shop that has just opened. I bought my needles and that is all.Very chuffed with myself as I love wool. Guess what I found this afternoon. Yes, my old needles.
    NSD to day though.
    Have eaten fairly well from stores but couldn't see the biscuits go to waste :o
    Shredded a lot of old paperwork and tidied up some crafty stuff. Just don't seem to be getting anywhere.
    Watching fireworks and the Blue Planet. Some ofthose creatures are awsome.

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1024 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 24/20
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 779 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope everyones had a good weekend. I did spend money today on our meal out but I only bought drinks as vouchers covered the food & I managed to keep them to a minimum. I am in work now til friday so aiming to keep out of the shops until then & get my NSDs up.

House is a bit of a mess , I have been busy all weekend and usually I dont work Mondays and spend it catching up but the money will come in next month and I am planning on spending Friday catching up with everything!!

Tomorrow I'm back on healthy eating. We are at a xmas fayre on saturday but ill take sandwiches to save cash and make it healthier. The left over budget for tonight's meal will go on spends at thr fair too.

Greatful for- our kind friends giving the boys a lovely gift at the christening, because they hadnt seen them in a while& making them feel welcome. The birthday party we went to this afternoon, the boys had a fab time and it was nice to relax and just let them run about. My mum ordering me a toastie maker- been after 1 for ages xx
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NSD aiming for 12 currently on 4/12
    Organise updated budgets and the to do list for the week ahead
    Value for Money collecting vouchers/money off codes to use when I do spend
    Exercise day off today but been walking as weather been favourable
    Mental Health have had a busy and enjoyable weekend
    Be Christmas Ready plans are slowly coming along
    Eat Well could do better but been a family birthday weekend so a few treats, and a new week starts tomorrow
    Report in 5/30
    1. Food in so didn’t have to go to the shops
    2. Fleece blankets
    3. Finances balancing at least to start the month off
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts