Options

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    haybel19 wrote: »
    Whitewing

Have you seen these? Though it might be something your dd would like? I am thinking of getting one for my little one- if you put your dd name in you can take a peak at the story and what it would look like before ordering- not cheap- but what a wonderful story and keepsake?

https://beta.lostmy.name/

What a fabulous book - I haven't looked properly (I should be working) but it looks like the most charming version I have seen.

haybel, shall I just give you a list of all the people I need xmas presents for and you can sort out my xmas shopping, lol.
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    edited 6 October 2014 at 5:56PM
    Options
    whitewing wrote: »
    What a fabulous book - I haven't looked properly (I should be working) but it looks like the most charming version I have seen.

haybel, shall I just give you a list of all the people I need xmas presents for and you can sort out my xmas shopping, lol.

I am defintely going to get for little one- absolutely lovely- in the preview of her story she would meet a Troll, an Inuit, a Lion, a hole, a Yeti, a Mermaid, an Aardvark and an Elephant - how cool is that the story really flows beautiful and is well written.

Haha I love shopping. So would be my idea of heaven. Mind you its the online shopping I like.
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 6 October 2014 at 7:04PM
    Options
    Whitewing

Have you seen these? Though it might be something your dd would like? I am thinking of getting one for my little one- if you put your dd name in you can take a peak at the story and what it would look like before ordering- not cheap- but what a wonderful story and keepsake?

https://beta.lostmy.name/
    I just did my username!
    (Whadderya mean, I'm a big kid!)
    I got a Pea, from the Princess with the Pea, a Yeti, an X marks the treasure spot, an icy I from an Inuit and a coral S from a Squid! :D
    What fun!
    What about going to a forest? You could find somewhere really quiet and just enjoying the wind blowign the leaves in the trees and seeing what wildlife you could spot.
    I was just thinking that!

WaS, the New Forest isn't that far from your beach, I think, and is big enough for you to find a nice secluded spot. The autumn colours would be lovely right now! And there be conkers! and acorns!

On my street and nearby, there are lots of sweet chestnut trees, as well as horse chestnut. I picked up some freshly blown-down clumps of sweet chestnuts on my way home from a class this afternoon. If they're ripe, I'll try nibbling them!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    Options
    Haha! I just did a preview of that book with the name WaS!

Won't tell you what it was, as don't want to spoil it for you, but you so must do it! It's good fun!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• haybel19
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Haha! I just did a preview of that book with the name WaS!

Won't tell you what it was, as don't want to spoil it for you, but you so must do it! It's good fun!

Lol glad you enjoyed the link. The books are so beautiful and engaging aren't they? I am definitely getting little miss one for Christmas. The story just flows beautifully. Also a wonderful way to teach children the spelling of their name.

Off to see what my name is...

• haybel19
    Options
    Haha I have just peaked at WaS as well... You have got to peak WaS.

I got...H for Hippo hidden under all that muck, A for Aardvark because his name begins with two, a Y from a Yeti who has many names and one to spare, an L medal from a Lion, an E from a very forgetful Elephant and a Y from a hole after chucking everything else out.

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 October 2014 at 7:50PM
    Options
    And today's sandwich short of a picnic award goes to Gitdog. Who despite being only 2 feet away in the same room failed to find me in a game of hide and seek. Because I was standing the other side of a table.
    And this is the dog I am supposed to be keeping occupied through mental exercise? It's going to be a loooong winter.

dog_zps7b72d431.jpg

Edit - the new forest sounds good - you can come back and tell us all about it. Somewhere else on my list of places I haven't made it to yet. Wasn't there a children's book set in the new forest?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pyxis
    edited 6 October 2014 at 8:05PM
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    And today's sandwich short of a picnic award goes to Gitdog. Who despite being only 2 feet away in the same room failed to find me in a game of hide and seek. Because I was standing the other side of a table.
    And this is the dog I am supposed to be keeping occupied through mental exercise? It's going to be a loooong winter.
    What happened to the famed canine sense of smell? Mind you, did he actually realise he had to find you? Maybe he thought seeing you there was good enough? :D

Edit - the new forest sounds good - you can come back and tell us all about it. Somewhere else on my list of places I haven't made it to yet. Wasn't there a children's book set in the new forest?
    "The Children of the New Forest" by Captain Marryat, set in the English Civil War. I remember reading it at school in class. Donkey's years ago there was a serial of it on TV too.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 October 2014 at 8:08PM
    Options
    The famed canine sense of smell is useless. He couldn't find his treat because he was sitting on it. I think I have a special needs dog.
    Actually we think he's never learned to problem solve for himself. In training if he can't do something straight away he just gives up. I'm meant to be trying to teach him to concentrate and work things out in really easy steps. Not sure how much easier than standing practically next to him it can get.
    Still, keeps me busy now I've theoretically got all day on my hands. Still no time to wash up or clean the house though. Strange that. :D

Codemonkey, has your day off helped you ungrouch?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    The famed canine sense of smell is useless. He couldn't find his treat because he was sitting on it. I think I have a special needs dog.
    Actually we think he's never learned to problem solve for himself. In training if he can't do something straight away he just gives up. I'm meant to be trying to teach him to concentrate and work things out in really easy steps. Not sure how much easier than standing practically next to him it can get.
    Still, keeps me busy now I've theoretically got all day on my hands. Still no time to wash up or clean the house though. Strange that. :D
    Oh poor Gitdog! :rotfl: still, at least he's blissfully unaware of his own shortcomings! Maybe, like Obelix, he was dropped on his head as a baby?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport