Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Options

Comments

• barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    nixxy07 wrote: »
    :confused:

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere....

I have several credit cards with outstanding balances which are still subject to a current DMP but on which I have received a ridiculous amount of unfair charges.

Has anyone got any experience of reclaiming CC charges in this situation? Any info or experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

The fact that you are on a DMP is irrelevent. Carry on with reclaim. Only thing that may happen is that any redress / amount you may receive will go towards your o/s debt. Not a bad thing but hey better than a poke in the eye with a hot poker !!

Happy claiming. :rotfl:
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • barloo69
    barloo69 Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I sent my letter to Barclays 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. The 2 week deadline for replying has passed.... any advice on what to so next?

Silverprincess

(NB - *rant alert* I also have a problem with them as they still seem to insist on using my old address, despite me going into a branch 3 times with my passport and filling out the change of address forms! I know the person in my old flat, so usually get any post, although its not very reliable! I'm soooo closing this account as soon as they pay up)

Barclays appear to be notorious for not dealing with their admin within the required timescales. You are not alone, judging by the many POSTS on here in relation. I personally ended up going to FOS who after a further 5 weeks upheld my complaint and Barclaycard paid up with interest.

So in short, my advice would be to move on to the next step.

Alternatively, you could always send another request but this time send it recorded delivery. (At least that way, you definately know its been received by them).

Anyway, happy claiming. Good luck. :rotfl:
    If you see a penny, pick it up, all day long you'll have good luck !!!!!! :D
  • saintsnut
    Options
    :T
    jos004 wrote: »
    There is a list of addresses in this forum. Have MBNA threatened to call in your cc balance? Do you think they will?

Morgan Stanley are still trading under that name, as far as I know.

I found the address of all the credit card companies I aim to gain my revenge... get my money back from :) recieved a letter today from MBNA saying they are currently investigating my complaint and will get back to me within by 14 July, are they just stalling should I just send my the next letter saying I want the money back withing 14 days or I will go to court.

Really buzzing after reading all the success stories, I nae cleard all my cards and closed all but one aco!!!! down after getting into debt, so all the money I am hoping to reclaim will gotowards my house deposit :)

Geeting a Luuurv nest for me and my girl:j
  • jos004
    jos004 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    saintsnut wrote: »
    :T

I found the address of all the credit card companies I aim to gain my revenge... get my money back from :) recieved a letter today from MBNA saying they are currently investigating my complaint and will get back to me within by 14 July, are they just stalling should I just send my the next letter saying I want the money back withing 14 days or I will go to court.

Really buzzing after reading all the success stories, I nae cleard all my cards and closed all but one aco!!!! down after getting into debt, so all the money I am hoping to reclaim will gotowards my house deposit :)

Geeting a Luuurv nest for me and my girl:j

Give them until 14/7/09 then send, second letter threatening the FOS/court.
  • natweststaffmember
    Options
    maegaz wrote: »
    Hello there!
    One question, just wondering if anyone has claimed their charges after June 2006. I have 2 £12 charges from these dates together with 8 charges from before June 2006. I am just wondering if I should put it in the calculator with the interest on top.
    Thanks.
    They're all claimable.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Worrywart-by-nature
    Options
    Hello, I would just like some advice regarding Vanquis. I wrote a letter reclaiming £72 plus interest and received a letter offering me £72. The letter states "Please note that this sum is offered in full and final settlement of this matter. To confirm your acceptance of this refund in full and final settlement of your claim in respect of default charges levied on the above account, please sign in the space provided and return to me within 14 days of today".
    If I sign this does this mean I will not be able to claim for any future charges they will add to my account?
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If I sign this does this mean I will not be able to claim for any future charges they will add to my account?
    No, it won't, but you could always add the following to underline the fact:
    I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
  • Worrywart-by-nature
    Options
    Ok, Thanks Orford.
  • lostsoul1977
    Options
    Hi, I have a few credit cards and have been late on quite a few payments. However, the charge levied has invariably been £12. Does this mean that I cannot reclaim these costs? If I did claim could the credit card company not just close the card and demand full payment of the balance - this is probably higher than the charges so I would be worse off!

Any one have suggestions?

Thanks
  • maegaz
    maegaz Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    They're all claimable.

I have sent the 2nd letter to MBNA claiming the 2 charges from after June 2006 but without the interest on top. I dated the letter 16 June 09 but wasn't able to send it until 20 June 09. I have just recieve a letter from MBNA stating that they are currently investigating the complaint and will provide me with full response by July 19, 2009? That's a bit off from the amount of days I put on the letter which is 14 days. so can anyone tell me what should I do?
    Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure