IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU START A NEW THREAD ABOUT ZZPS or DEBT RECOVERY PLUS!

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Most people do feel exactly that! Harassment, alarm and distress, yes:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=66240078&highlight=#post66240078

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • arabesque_101
    Options
    In my opinion this problem would be mostly solved with the creation of 3 more boards or forums. I believe we need four altogether.

Forum nbr 1: For people who have received NTK ot NTD.
    Forum nbr 2:. For people who are receiving debt collection letters.
    Forum nbr 3: For people who have received a County Court Claim.
    Forum nbr 4: For general discussion for the experienced people on the forum to discuss tactics and to sharpen our tools.

Forum number 2 would have a sticky at the top stating "what to do if you receive a letter from a debt collector".
    New members, please refer to "sticky" threads that are alwasys "stuck" at the top of this forum
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In my opinion this problem would be mostly solved with the creation of 3 more boards or forums. I believe we need four altogether.

Forum nbr 1: For people who have received NTK ot NTD.
    Forum nbr 2:. For people who are receiving debt collection letters.
    Forum nbr 3: For people who have received a County Court Claim.
    Forum nbr 4: For general discussion for the experienced people on the forum to discuss tactics and to sharpen our tools.

Forum number 2 would have a sticky at the top stating "what to do if you receive a letter from a debt collector".
    Good idea, but then we'd need Forum #5 for all those people who think their case is different from everyone else's, and can't find anything which exactly matches their situation.

"Yes but my car is silver, and their paperwork says it's grey. Does this mean the ticket is invalid?"

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    bumping this thread seeing as we are still getting threads about DR PLUS and small claims solicitors (smallclaimssolicitors) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4881672 (old thread from 9 months ago but still relevant and has other links in it) and other debt collectors as well as Rossendales and Roxburghe and all the other numpties in this field , lol

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5060748 being the latest one about DRP and small claims solicitors and old parking invoices that probebaly pre-date POFA 2012
  • minniemoo
    Options
    Apologies - didn't realise that Small Claims Solicitors was included in the list as I have just commented on another thread regarding receiving another letter this morning from SCS.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 5 May 2016 at 9:04PM
    Options
    Basically no threads are needed about any debt collector letter! But we'll never stop everyone, all of whom think their letters are specific to them. Really they are a letter chain of computerised junk, already discussed to death for ten years on here. Debt collectors can't litigate.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Bump again, too many repetitive threads.
  • pihaNZ
    Options
    I've read a lot of the newbie links but not sure of action to take. I've been ignoring and throwing letters for months from overstaying the 2 hour parking time of a service station. Now DRP letter received - to prevent court proceedings pay up... blah blah.

It has been suggested in these forums to ignore and not to ignore.

So which one of the many letters suggested to be sent should I send and to who, if I don't ignore?

I have made no appeal or any effort to contact any of these money grabbers.

Thanks
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pihaNZ wrote: »
    I've read a lot of the newbie links but not sure of action to take. I've been ignoring and throwing letters for months from overstaying the 2 hour parking time of a service station. Now DRP letter received - to prevent court proceedings pay up... blah blah.

So which one of the many letters suggested to be sent should I send and to who, if I don't ignore?

I have made no appeal or any effort to contact any of these money grabbers.

Thanks

Start you own thread and read the newbies thread and show me where it says in there to ignore other than in Scotland and and Northern Ireland?
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pihaNZ wrote: »

For the last two years the advice has been to not ignore. Check the dates on the old posts you are quoting.
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills