sky FREE wireless connector for sky+ HD anytime **DONT PAY £60**

Options

Comments

• almereian_2
    Options
    Just called them, as I have not yet activated Anytime +.
    They checked my account and are sending one out, free of charge. Should get it within 5 days. Result!
    I suggest you all try the same.
    As long as you haven't registerd for anytime+ already, then they will supply the box free.
  • wayne77
    wayne77 Posts: 406 Forumite
    Options
    Sky+ HD box free? Without a HD sub?
  • almereian_2
    Options
    No.
    We are talking about the wireless connector box to enable wireless connection to a router to access Anytime +.
  • logyon
    logyon Posts: 358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just tried this and nope want £60 for the adapter
    Wins 2002 OTHER: Xbox Original
    HDUK - 2010 NOV: GT5 (PS3 GAME) 2011 FEB: Space Invaders t-shirt
    MSE -
    2011:JAN: ESPN Mobile Sub, FEB: Adrian Dawson's Book: Sequence MAR: Hercules XPS 2.0 USB SPEAKERS

Debt: C/C £800 C/C2 £0 Clubbys £1150 Overdrafts RBS £250 Loan £10500

• almereian_2
    Options
    My box arrived yesterday free of charge.
    It seems it is only if you have not already registered for Anytime +.
  • mjmal51
    mjmal51 Posts: 592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    logyon wrote: »
    I just tried this and nope want £60 for the adapter

Also tried this week and no luck, did my best but agent checked through and said no offers available.
    And no, I haven't already registered for Anytime +.
  • Lizk
    Lizk Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to record that I managed to negotiate a free £60 wireless box a couple of days ago. I had asked a few days prior to that whether I needed anything to use Anytime+ and had been told no, and it was free. After discovering I needed another piece of equipment at £60, I complained that my original question had been answered incorrectly and that I'd been misled. The very nice young lady who called me following my e-mailed complaint then offered me a box free of charge. Result!
  • jon200
    jon200 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    I've been told that it's £60 non-negotiable. I had a bit of a moan, and that said they they have never given one of these away for free before and there was no previous offers.

So they are liars as well as extortionists.
  • eira
    eira Posts: 611 Forumite
    Options
    I have had difficulties with Sky in the past re customer entitlement/prices etc seems to rely on hitting on someone with a bit of common sense.
    Following the advice on these boards I rang to cancel Anytime = as resent paying £60 when I have the full package with Sky. Not quite clear what it does-does it sit there as an extra piece of equipment ?Will it function as a wirless connector for on line services eg Lovefilm?
    The person I spoke to said it would cost me £60 to re connect to Anytime +-he assured me this wasn't for the box.
    Also cancelled Movies 2 as of May 13th and was told that any movies recorded on my box from the channels would be deleted as I had 'no right to them anymore'. I pointed out that these would have been recorded when I had the subscription-I also didn't realise that Sky had the right to clear the box. I was assured 'all customers know this'
    Reckon I'm just not very bright
  • Gratis
    Gratis Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    eira wrote: »

Also cancelled Movies 2 as of May 13th and was told that any movies recorded on my box from the channels would be deleted as I had 'no right to them anymore'. I pointed out that these would have been recorded when I had the subscription-I also didn't realise that Sky had the right to clear the box. I was assured 'all customers know this'
    Reckon I'm just not very bright

Sky will not "clear your box". Your recordings will remain on your box (unless you run out of hard disk space and your box begins over-writing them with your new recordings).

All your recordings are encrypted by Sky and you can only watch them while you remain subscribed to the channel(s) from which you recorded them or pay Sky £10 a month to watch those that were Free-to-Air.

You will lose the ability to watch your Sky Movies 2 recordings on 13 May. If, subsequently, you re-subscribe, you will then be able to watch them again (subject to the proviso about over-writing that I explained above).
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jnr.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills