It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats!! So lovely to see how far you have come from debt busting to saving to finally seeing all the hard work pay off :)
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You know something JVR, I noticed that myself actually. I started this diary in March 2016 when I felt at my lowest and in the space of 14 months a lot has changed.

Here's hoping the next 14 are just as productive.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Yesterday I sent away my council tax form thing which confirms I am a single occupant and get a little bit taken off, so I'll await to hear back. For YNAB purposes, I would prefer to pay it over 12 months instead of 10.

I've also got forms in from the DVLA to order a new license. I lost my old one and I think it was due to expire soon, so I'll need to get a picture taken too.

Last bit of housekeeping is that I received a letter from Northern Rail after I complained about our trip home after the stag do in March in which we had to sit on the floor as opposed to the reserved seats we had. They sent me a cheque for £13.00. It should've been £13.00 x 9 people!!

I've been to the gym this morning and i'll pop in again tonight. Having a really poor sleep in the new flat because I don't have blinds in my room yet. 5 - 10 working days they say.

Toodle-pip!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hey,

As I'd hoped I managed to go to the gym twice yesterday and feeling much better for it, even had a better sleep.

I heard rumours that a friend of a friend lived in my block of flats so I messaged him on facebook and right enough he does, the top floor. He invited me round last night I was in my bed for 10pm so another time.

Roasting here this morning. Went to the gym this morning and started sweating again as soon as I came out the shower - I hate that feeling. Plus the joys of having to wear a suit to work doesn't help on days like this.

I said I'd help my friend paint his fence tonight. He helped me paint my flat so I'd thought I'd return the favour. Apart from that, I've not much planned.

Should have a fairly quiet and spend free weekend too. Fingers crossed.

Have a lovely weekend all.
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Speky,

I've just caught up on your diary. How wonderful that you are now in your own home. It truly is amazing to see how far you've come in just over a year in regards to debt busting and saving for your own place.

Good to hear you had a alot of support in decorating and getting it ready. Have you decorated everywhere?

Hope you have a good weekend.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're sounding so settled already. And that's great that you have someone in the building that you know - someone to leave a spare key with too.
    Boiling here too today, lovely for sun lovers like me ....and lizards. Hope you have a great weekend.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£450.00 (90%)    Fn £395                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£079.50 (17%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£085.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Chandelier - Yes, I decided to repaint everything. I felt doing so would help make the flat feel mine. Still got things to buy before it's complete, but is a home ever complete?

Joey - My thoughts exactly!! My spare key is at my mums which is 10 minute drive away so it'd be good to have one closer by. Plus, my door automatically locks when it closes, so I'll imagine I might need it!!

I'm in 2 minds. HR has told us everyone can go at 3pm but at the same time in a private meeting, my boss explained we need to put lots of effort in the next 6 weeks. So everyone else has left to enjoy the sun but I'm staying and tidying up a few bits and bobs. I'm melting though!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope you had a super weekend.

On Friday, I ended up leaving work around 4.30, so half an hour early. I then went and helped my friend paint his fence and then our friend invited us over for a BBQ given the good weather. So I grabbed some beers from my flat and went over. A free night!!

Saturday was a bit more spendy. I had lunch with my friends 3 courses for £15. It's only £15 but I hadn't budgeted for 'going out food' but I moved some things about and it's all good. This was soon followed by an early night as I was working on the Sunday. Restrained myself from buying the boxing which would've been another £17.

Sunday I worked most of the day which has resulted in a sun burned face. Went to my mums for dinner and up the road for a bunch of ironing - the joys.

Not much planned for this week, thankfully. I'm hoping that June is a quiet month although there are a few birthdays.

Hope everyone enjoys their Bank Holiday.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a good bank holiday in your new home Speky.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Despite it being a BH yesterday, I was required to work. I say work, it was fairly relaxed, but still.

I went to the gym twice, before and after work, so I came home and collapsed on the couch before heading for an early night.

This morning, I've been to the gym and on my 2nd coffee of the day. My friend is coming round tonight to put my TV onto the wall and hide the wires, so it'll look the part once he's done. My step-bro is coming round too to see the place for the first time too.

Bar that, not much to report :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure