It's not a lot, but it's enough - Page 58

New Post Advanced Search

It's not a lot, but it's enough

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
1.4K replies 144.5K views

Replies

• crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    As jvr says ^^
    Make sure you take meter readings when you move in. :D
    NST Just June
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £4664.23/£10000 :scream:
    1% challenge #14 (£26.25) = 20.2%
  • SpekySquareheadSpekySquarehead Forumite
    3K posts
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good thinking. I wouldn't have thought to do that. Thanks guys :)
    :jDebt Free Date: 29/09/16:j
    Follow my diary HERE
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Had a nightmare this morning. Woke at 5am, went to the gym for 7am. Finished at 8am to go to work only to realise I didn't bring a shirt!!! So had to drive all the way home and back through the rush hour. Kicking myself.

On a brighter note, when checking my bank and YNAB as I do everyday. My aunt has sent me £500 as a move in present. I'm amazed. It's such a huge help to get some final bits and bobs like paint and lamp shades.

I think I'll visit the gym after work again, really enjoyed it yesterday although it was much busier. Going twice a day coupled with healthy eating should make a big difference.

Received an email from my solicitor reassuring me that everything was in order and on track for moving in next week, which I'm grateful for. They've still not taken my money for the deposit or their fees which concerned me a bit.

I've had offers from lots of friends to give me a hand when moving which is kind but I politely declined. I took the week of work so I could tackle it myself. They're welcome to come over when it's finished and we can have some drinky poos to celebrate.

Anyway. Need to go. Happy hump day!
    Follow my diary HERE
  • jvrjvr Forumite
    426 posts
    Third Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Hi Speky

If I remember correctly they don't take the money till the actual day everything is finalised completely, I'm sure it was the day before we moved in that it all went through.

Fab news on the money, that's so generous and I found that it's often really important to people to help out younger family member in getting sorted with a house :)
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's handy to know JVR. I expected that would've been something they'd like in their account instead of waiting to the last minute. For the first time in my life, I wish they'd take the £9k from me haha.

Yes, I suppose I can understand that. I always feel a sense of guilt at accepting gifts or cash. Especially when it's for so much!
    Follow my diary HERE
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning,

So i've been to the gym twice a day, 2 days in a row and I think I'll do the same tonight. It's my friends sons birthday so I'll swing by and drop off a present which means I need to go to Toys-R-Us on my lunch to get him a little something.

Had a phone call at 8.20am from the seller who said she was concerned that missives hadn't been swapped and there's only 3 working days left before the proposed move in date! I said I was also concerned at my solicitor told me not to worry about it on Tuesday. So I've sent them an email this morning and asked that they contact me urgently. I do hope there's no delay. Especially as I have furniture arriving!!

Keep you posted on how those discussions go.
    Follow my diary HERE
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning,

I've had better Friday mornings.

I got a stone chip this morning en route to the gym. By the time I came out the gym it had developed into a crack about a foot wide. Since I'm fully comp I just need to pay the £75 excess and AutoGlass will be coming today to replace. Really could've been doing with that cash but hey-ho.

Going to a friends house, who happens to be female, so we'll see how that goes. It won't be a late one as I'm working in the morning. Best behaviour and all that.

Not much planned for the weekend ahead. Hiding indoors to stop spending, which is fine by me. Make a good dent in my book I hope.

Anyway, got to dash :)
    Follow my diary HERE
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've had a busy week Speky, never a dull moment eh?
    How is your leg?
    Sorry about the car window - pain in the bum.
    And hope that last night went well :)
    NST Just June
    Pay all your debt off by 2020 #56 £4664.23/£10000 :scream:
    1% challenge #14 (£26.25) = 20.2%
    3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh you're telling me!!

Leg's on the mend, thanks. I'm out my crutches and now just limping about. Slowly but surely getting there.

Last night did go well. Headed home later than planned, 12.30am, so feeling a bit sluggish this morning. Nothing a strong brew won't cure.

Yesterday afternoon was filled with solicitor troubles. Such a long story so for those of you interested, take a seat.

I've expressed my concerns that we are still on track to move in on Tuesday for a few now and I was reassured on Wednesday of this week that it would be ok. Cue a text from the seller coincidentally showing her concern too as her solicitor hasn't received anything!! I chase at my end and way 9 hours for them to get back in touch. They refuse to take my calls, even when I ask to speak to a manager. They then send me the invoice for the deposit and their fees except it's missing the additional 25% the HTB gives. So I then make them aware of this and they say they didnt know I had a HTB, when I have all the emails saying otherwise. So now we've got 1 working day (Monday) to sort everything out and I think it's looking unlikely. Nothing I can do about it now.

Keep you all posted on developments on Monday. My story above doesn't do it justice. Not much I can do about it just now.

Anyway. Off to work. Have a lovely weekend all.
    Follow my diary HERE
  • louby40louby40 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I never believe I'm moving until I've got the keys in my hand! Moving is sooo stressful.

Fingers crossed it all comes good Speky!