PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2016 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    GQ such wonderful news concerning your mother!

Kisses and hug for Lolly!! What a great mom she has too!
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 25 June 2016 at 8:43AM
    Options
    GQ fantastic news on your Mum :)

It was very surpising in our huge area of East Anglia the voting the sea of Blue across the map and the tiny area of Yellow which is Norwich which voted to remain.

I have only had one 'friend' on FB who has been so upset by the vote said she has spent the day crying and pouring out every 2 mins on FB how she feels at everyone who could have voted to leave. also calling them thick :o :eek: Both her and her husband are both GPs and both the childen attend a very very expensive school.

So I dont understand how things are going to change for them within the days she seems to be talking about.

But I also never comment and am a great believer in we will just have to get on with it.

I never even talk about Lolly on FB so why I would be talking about Brexit.

Anyway Lolly is ok this morning lazing in her bed (as normal) still rattling but much heavier than she was :rotfl:and looking slightly more healthly ;)

Sun is shining here and a friend coming up for the weekend so will have a lot of fun I am sure :D

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I love the Lolly news too :)

Finally a whole load of Kondoed books, sheets and Stuff has made its way to the charity shop, courtesy of my shopping trolley. I can't tell you how relieved I am. And the only extra things that made it back into the house were 2kg of frozen veg :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Slinky wrote: »
    Have been very lax on the MK front recently, but finally today had a go through our bathroom cabinet. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I must have had a clear out a while ago that I'd forgotten about. Found a few out of date medicines to go to the pharmacy for destruction.

Question - I've got some nail polish remover. I threw all my nail varnish away earlier this year so have no use for it any more. I don't know how to get rid of it though, would the pharmacy take it do you think?

I don't think the pharmacy would want to take it. I'd try the local council and see if it's something that can be put in the paint store at the tip along with the white spirits. Failing that maybe offer it to a friend who does paint their nails.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Great news about your mum GQ
    Sounds like lolly is doing well Mavvy which is also good news.
    Took 10 large heavy bags to the CS this morning, 8 were books and 2 clothes and bric-à-brac. I did tell them when I first went in with my gift aid card they'd need a bigger bookcase as Dh was unloading at their back door.
    Dd2 had left an unopened and still in date tin of baby formula and a big bag of cat litter here as she couldn't find any food bank bins in her area, so they got taken into Sains this morning. I told the sales assistant that if the cat litter wasn't useful for the food bank to tell the collector to pop it in the animal sanctuary collection bin next to it.
    A broken high chair has gone out for the scrap metal collector along with a broken metal poster frame and a metal shelf.
    I've Kondoed a huge amount of weeds from both our garden and mils and Dh cut mils grass.

Why is my house still full?

I hope everyone is well, we've just had the most terrific storm here, thankfully it was right at the end of the school fete which seemed to have done really well. All I bought were cakes and raffle tickets to support the funds.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • ScotinLondon
    ScotinLondon Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Afternoon all - not much kondoing going on here at all at the moment, just talking with the family and work re the vote - no acrimony between either side between family members. We just have to get on with it now and that is that.

Anyhow - hope all are well and not getting caught in the heavy rains, as my clothes did. Good thing that in the good sun that we had - they dried very quickly afterwards.

SIL x
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    slinky little boys (and not so little ones, DS1 is 31) who play Warhammer (with the little 'toy soldier' things, not the computer version) use nail polish as well - to take off the paint when they have decided to re-badge them. Players pick their own colours for their 'armies' so that they can distinguish them when playing against another player.

Might be worth popping in to a 'Games Work shop' if you have one near you (usually cities and larger towns). That's where all my nail polish remover went, in the days when I had it. Are under 16's allowed to buy it, or is it seen as something they might abuse.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GQ, great news about your mother.

It emerged DD and I voted differently, so we regarded it as effectively cancelling each other out, so no disharmony here. We had to enlighten DGD (7) about things though, as she thought the final result of 'out' meant that those who had actually voted out were emigrating to somewhere like Australia...

Some stuff has come in today. 6 novels 10p each from school fete, and I only bought these as I haven't been to the library this week. (I stopped buying books last year.) They will go to c/shop as soon as I've read them.

Have a good weekend everyone.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• oceanspirit
    oceanspirit Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Great news about your mum GQ.

Good to hear Lolly still doing well. Poor wee thing has been through so much so far in her short life it's not surprising she's tired.

14 more books into OH's car ready to drop off when he's passing and a bit more tidying up done. New towels ordered in a sale have arrived and been washed ready for use - some going to OH's mum too. Can't wait to get them on the towel rail as they will look so much better than the tired old ones.

Have been dressing better since coming home a couple of weeks ago and it does seem to help me feel better. Still putting the scruffs on to do mucky jobs - still an OSer at heart.
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well we are at the end of our break in Scotland. My Dad rang to ask us if he should post passports so we can get home to England (ha,ha). It seems I voted the opposite to Dad so another cancelled out vote, as many were of course, it being so close a result.

I have begun packing up for home. Happily leaving the remains of jar of sweetener, some teabags and a few other bits. The self catering cottage we are in usually has some basic supplies that others have left and we are happy to share things too.

Have also left a book. Just could not get on with it, read about 1/4, flicked through some more to see if worth persevering but, life's too short! Shame. It was Louis de Bernieres' The Dust That Falls From Dreams. I adored Birds Without Wings but this latest book was not my taste at all.

Have bought a few pressies for forthcoming birthdays (all consumable but some in pretty tins :)!), and a bottle of spicey mead for our re-organised booze cupboard, the one that is quite full of bottles but little used!

Am secretly looking forward to getting home because I have kondo-ing to do, although some paid work on Monday means it will be Tuesday before I get to sort out some more things for releasing. I loved that GQ bought some trousers that she will fit into shortly. I must say that although I am sure I haven't lost weight this week I am aware of having to hitch my trousers up! Won't be long before I can revist the clothes category :D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport