HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• middxm_2
    Options
    Sent my gold off to Hatton Garden Metals yesterday around 4pm via Special Delivery, logged into my account on their page at 9.30am to be told it was on hold due to a differencial in the weight - authorised and agreed the weights they had put in at 10.00am and having beeen advised the payment would hit my bank today via faster payments I logged into my bank to find the payment already there and waiting at 12.30 ! excellent service and would use them again. Got £9.88p per gram for 9ct too which was a lot more than the £6.50p per gram I was offered by a high street jeweller !
    (one tip -my digital kitchen scales were actually MORE accurate than the post office scales - I went by them on the form you fill in online and it caused a dispute in weight of 3 grams, luckily I had weighed the gold also on my kitchen scales which agreed with Hatton Gardens weight ! )
  • stormbreaker
    stormbreaker Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pingua wrote: »
    Gosh, is this newbie one post thing back again???????

I am begining to think the same. Makes you wonder if they are connected to the company or am I being cynical!
  • cookie79_2
    Options
    As has been said a few times before, the reason there are so many posts from 'newbies' is that HGM send a link to this thread on their remittance advice asking for satisfied customers to leave feedback here. They have no feedback on their website as they say that they prefer people to read here where they can safely assume the feedback is genuine (we hope). All I can say is that I am more than happy with their service, and as you can see from my profile although I don't post here much I have been around for a while.
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2010 at 2:14PM
    Options
    Well I'm not a newbie that's for sure :D

When did you use it?

Posted my gold on Friday afternoon (15th October)

What did you send?

An assortment of 9ct gold odd earrings, broken chains and bracelets that were just cheap in the first place so not worth the cost of fixing

How much did it promise you?

The price on Friday was £9.88 per gram, today is £9.86 (or £9.8559 if you want the exact figure! :p) per gram but that's no problem because it does state you'll get the price that gold is fixed at on the day it receives it and today will be the 1st working day after I sent them.

How much did it deliver?

I got £168.54 :j

My scales said 18gms and HGM weighed it in as 17.10gms, but there were a couple of rings in that had cubic zirconia stones in which probably altered the weight a bit so no problem there. The things I sent had just been lying around for the past few years doing nothing anyway so I was happy with that :T

How efficient was the service?

I could see online by about 12.30pm today how much they were going to pay me. They left an message on my answerphone asking me to call them about an hour ago (I hadn't recognised the number so hadn't answered :o) and had also sent an email to say they had tried to call and could I get in touch as soon as I got the answerphone message or email. It was because I mixed a couple of numbers up on the sort code so they couldn't get the money put in for me :o The person I spoke to was very friendly and said she'd keep me on the line to make sure it went through then said 'that's fine - it will be in your account within 2 hours'. :j EDIT: Just checked - they called me at 1.45pm, and it's in my account now at 2.15pm :T

So I'm happy with the fast response, the good price in comparison to other places, knowing (approximately) the price you'll get rather than these places that say 'send it first then we'll give you a price', and with the customer service. Would recommend it to anyone :)

Any newbies coming from the link from HGM: (which I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that they're real customers :cool:) Stick around and look at this site to see other ways of saving or making money, or even pop into The Arms (it's not that scary - honest :p) for a chat and a laugh. The first round is on you though :beer: :D
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
  • paulamb
    Options
    last wednesday after reading hgm reviews, i sent them a gold sovereign and a handful of 9carat gold ,including old earings,rings and a chain.the process was very simple, you just weigh your items on the kitchen scales ,fill out the online form and post it all special delivery. i received a confirmation e mail ,and on the thursday a cheque was sent out to me for the sum of £1400, not bad considering a local jeweller offered me £140 for the sovereign and hgm paid me £193 for it. you also have the option of your payment being made straight into your bank account. fast,simple and highly efficient,i would highly recommend this company:j:rotfl::T
  • I have to admit I was more than a little sceptical about any company promising a reasonable amount of cash for scrap gold but, after reading the posts on this site, I decided to give HGM a try. I posted my old gold on Monday, they received it Tuesday and I had a cheque this morning (Wednesday) for almost the full amount - not a problem as I had used kitchen scales. You can check on their site how much your gold is worth and it seems they are genuine. I am a first time poster as I would not normally be bothered but am so pleased with the service I got that I made the effort !
  • Rock_Hyrax
    Options
    I am begining to think the same. Makes you wonder if they are connected to the company or am I being cynical!

I too am a newbie and haven't sent any gold anywhere - but I see from the Hatton Garden Metals website they advise people to read this forum thread to see customer comments
  • cazzabob
    Options
    I have just used Hatton Garden Metals. I posted my item yesterday, weighed the amount on my kitchen scales and was only marginally out with the weight. I had an email today to say the money had gone in to my account. Logged onto my bank and there it was. I can't recommend this company enough. Fantastic service and would definitely use again if I could find some more gold :)
  • Theonewhospends
    Options
    Rock_Hyrax wrote: »
    I too am a newbie and haven't sent any gold anywhere - but I see from the Hatton Garden Metals website they advise people to read this forum thread to see customer comments
    I can assure you that I have nothing to do with HGM. I am retired and living in Hampshire - can't remember the last time I went up to London. There must be a lot of genuine replies here as there are so many posts. Why not test them with a small amount of gold then you too can do a positive post!!!
  • carolroy52
    Options
    Just to say this company is excellent. Used them at beginning of October and received £262 and am just about to send off some more to them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback