Report Bank Charges successes and failures

Options

Comments

• pigsmightfly
    Options
    Brightness wrote: »
    I would give them 14 days and if no reply then email the CEO and attach a copy of the original letter ;)

Good plan, think I'll do that :)
  • pigsmightfly
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Got a credit to my loan today of £270. Halifax replied saying the charges were fair and they were right to charge but as a goodwill gesture (:rotfl:) they would pay me back the charges but not the interest.

I'm am over the moon with that, didn't expect to get anything at all just tried my luck so thats a bit more knocked off that balance :j

Only took just under 2 weeks too so if you're thinking of doing it, go for it :T
  • BennyTheBoy
    Options
    This is what I am starting to think. That unless you are a bank and need to be bailed out by the tax payer for being stupid with other peoples money you dont get help, regardless if you cant pay bills or put food on the table. I had a letter from the FOS about three months ago saying I had no claim and I wrote a very strongly worded (that was an understatement). I asked them to explain in there own words how they see the circumstances of my claim as just and fair given the amount of money HSBC have allready taken and I might add still are every month. I am still waiting to hear but it is going to a senior consultant who will be reviewing there own findings over the matter.
  • Brightness
    Options
    Well done pigsmightfly & good luck BennyTheBoy - if you don't get anything, write to the CEO of the bank or email them. I wouldn't say that you've been to the FOS though ;)
  • fudgerella08
    Options
    Woo Hoo!! Got a credit to my loan today of £270. Halifax replied saying the charges were fair and they were right to charge but as a goodwill gesture (:rotfl:) they would pay me back the charges but not the interest.

I'm am over the moon with that, didn't expect to get anything at all just tried my luck so thats a bit more knocked off that balance :j

Only took just under 2 weeks too so if you're thinking of doing it, go for it :T

Hi
    could you let me know if this was for creditcard charges?
    Thanks
  • pigsmightfly
    Options
    Hi
    could you let me know if this was for creditcard charges?
    Thanks

Hi,

This particular one was for my loan but I have claimed credit card charges in the past too :)
  • fudgerella08
    Options
    Hi,

This particular one was for my loan but I have claimed credit card charges in the past too :)

HI
    How long ago did you claim charges from Halifax for your creditcard?

I am trying to claim mostly £12 charges at the moment from them, but im getting no where!

thanks
  • pigsmightfly
    Options
    HI
    How long ago did you claim charges from Halifax for your creditcard?

I am trying to claim mostly £12 charges at the moment from them, but im getting no where!

thanks

My credit cards/store cards were a few years ago now. Got them back from all banks/companies I had them with. Was just this loan one I'd missed at the time and tried my luck and it worked thankfully.

How far on are you? Have they replied at all?
  • windsores
    Options
    Big thank you to the MSE site as without the advice on the website and in the forums I would never have persued a claim for mis-sold PPI.

I had paid PPI on a £15,000 loan, as I was told when I took out the loan that it was a condition of the loan being approved. I finished paying off the loan earlier this year and having read about the successes on this site, I thought it was worth trying to make a claim.

I downloaded the form and sent this off a few weeks ago. Just received a letter yesterday offering me £4,126 in full settlement - which is basically the whole amount I had paid out in PPI for the duration of the loan!

I had expected this to be a much longer battle so am really surprised & delighted that this was settled so quickly. Thanks again MSE!

I'm even going to be really sensible with the money and use it to pay off my credit card :):)
  • JOFFSTICK
    Options
    I managed to reclaim ppi charges off Aqua(halifax). It's funny because i distinctly remember them offering me it (ppi) but i also remember saying no to it. At least i got my money back in the end.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback