Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    MrT used to do a double up but I think they stopped it a few years ago.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news on the painting :)
    Cat story made me laugh :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Love your cat!:rotfl: I think her calendar must be smeared with that well known crack for cats - Dreamies!

Hope Mr SA is on the mend.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Finally Friday :j

On my way home from work Mr SA rang to say he wasn't very well, felt terrible and his toe was swollen. Decided to phone doctors as was worried about infection. Had to play the disabled/stem cell transplant card again to get an appointment for him. Anyway he's back on the antibiotics as doctor thinks his toe is infected. Last thing I wanted was to go out again after getting home but he couldn't go on his own.

Carpet shop rang and they're being fitted 5 and 6 December. Wish it could've been sooner but only two weeks away really.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Oh dear poor Mr SA. I hope his toe heals up properly. I'm glad it's Friday too :beer:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Sorry to hear he’s still poorly. Hope the meds kick in quickly.

Bet you can’t wait for your carpets! Still won’t your place look great for Christmas - especially when your deccies go up. Read that you bought some new ones with your vouchers!:j
    🌟
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,297 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just need to get a tree now SSG. Looking for somewhere who will deliver a real one. Always used to get one from Homebase but they weren't delivering last year. Ended up using an artificial tree but I don't like them to be honest.

Still got dining room, living room and spare bedroom to do up - but that's a job for next year. I've had enough for now plus run out of money!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I like a real tree but not a lot of room in my flat! I’ve a little fake one that I bought in tkmaxx the year I moved in and it sits on one of the side tables. It actually looks quite real and most people comment on how nice it is when it’s decorated. But one day perhaps I’ll have a real, real one again.........:). Hope you manage to find someone who will deliver.
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I love a real tree and we have the space, but it's cheaper to use the artificial tree we got with our Mr T vouchers. One day...
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Have you got any garden centres in your area, the ones around me always deliver trees for free.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure