• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have a lovely day Sun Addict
    (((((HUGS)))))
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hope your ankle is ok SA, you will have to have lots of coffee stops on your shopping trip :D.

Yay to new carpets xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,407 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Forgot to take my reading glasses to work today, never done this before. I tried to manage without them but was struggling so had to nip to Mr S and pick an off the shelf pair up. £15.50!!!! That was an expensive memory lapse!!! They're ok though and will leave them in my desk drawer just in case.

So that was my planned NSD out of the window :(

Gave the gym a miss today as my ankle was still sore. Still done over 20k steps though so not exactly been a couch potato.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It doesn't hurt to have a spare pair I guess. I can't manage without them either, old age creeping up :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    When i got my last ones the optician said leave your old pairs at work, in the car, etc. Better than breaking your glasses and not being able to get home - great idea and that's exactly what I did with one old pair. I'm still wearing the others - I don't like the new ones. Shh, don't tell the lovely helpful optician :o
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I finally gave in to reading/computer glasses 4 years ago. I wasn't happy about it and tried on most pairs in the shop and hated them all. Finally settled on a pair out of necessity and stupidly chose sunglasses as my second pair of a buy one get one free offer. I asked about laser eye surgery but apparently my eyes aren't bad enough yet as I don't need glasses all the time.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hope Mr SA is on the mend after his fall.

I’ve got about three pairs of old glasses in my desk at work including those I’ve bought from the chemist over the years! I had my eyes lasered some years ago as I was short sighted. However old age is catching up and I’m going to need them sorted out again soon......::(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Friday eve :)

Another manic day at work, not enough hours in the day to get it all done, same with home really.

Spent the Nectar vouchers today, got some Christmas decorations, crackers, candle, baking tins, wrapping paper, tags, diffuser reeds and wine glasses. Not a bad haul for nothing :)

Does Mr T do anything similar? Not spent my Clubcard vouchers for a long time, I rarely shop at Mr T to be honest as there isn't a decent one near us or near work, but have their credit card. I used to spend them on RAC for Mr SA when he was working.

Bought the dog and cat an advent calendar each and put them behind the TV in the kitchen. The cat got them out and started rubbing her face on hers and licking the box. I tried to move them and she batted my hand away. Moved them to a cupboard so now she's following me around staring at me :)

Painter has finished and it all looks fab, really pleased with it :) Just waiting for carpets now.

Some serious clearing/tidying/cleaning to do this weekend.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    An advent calendar for your cat and dog :rotfl:, cats are such funny creatures :D.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport