MSE News: TalkTalk customers to be hit with price hikes from October, but you can bea

Options
TalkTalk is upping the cost of line rental and more for its four million customers...
Read the full story:

TalkTalk customers to be hit with price hikes from October, but you can beat them

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    They were pretty desperate to keep me on, reduce line rental for 6mo to 10.99 and discount the broadband price for 3 months.

Regardless, refused and switching to sky with £100 m&s voucher and £75 quidco. Free broadband and only have to pay line rental for 12 mo
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So what about people who joined recently through the MSE Collective switch? Will their "18 months free Broadband" become "18 months at £2.50/month"?
  • james_smitha
    Options
    Are we sure it is not jumping on the band wagon to mug customers?
    BT put the prices up so they can fight with Sky to get sports contracts that others do not offer, but the others put their prices up too as they believe they can get away with it
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't forget that they're ditching Speedy Payment Discount on December 1st too...

(http://m.help.talktalk.co.uk/important-update-our-price-changes#faq~20309 and click on Whats Changing)
  • ramjug
    ramjug Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Just cant get my head around with whats happening to Talk-Talk. i was with them for 3 years and they were no frill, cheapest provider but they are getting too big for their shoes providing nothing extra.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it seems every time BT increases there charges, talktalk follow suit
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I believe all the providers start increasing prices when another provider does.

I do remember Virgin increase line rental then all others bt sky etc followed pretty quickly
  • james_smitha
    Options
    ****Futuristic*** Did you read my recent comment, it is called jumping on the band wagon?
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sadly telecom companies have not been controlled by OFCOM, they seem to do what they like..
  • iain_blue
    Options
    My contract with TalkTalk was due to end early November, but I took the Sky collective switch offer which was due to activate on the 2nd September and I was sent a notification from TalkTalk that I would have to pay £45 in termination fees.
    I pushed back my activation with Sky to the 18th September a couple of days ago, and haven't heard anything from TalkTalk yet about what the new fees will be, but will I now be able to leave free of charge even though I sent them notification of leaving before these contract changes?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure