PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning,

Right, big day at work today so I can only be quick, but tonight I'm going to a free event at the cinema (chicks at the flicks is next week). Tonight is free drinks and nibbles, a fashion show and the movie Focus, all for free - yippeeeee!

have a great evening everyone

love Hoglet xx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hi Hoglet,

You are lucky we never seem to have such events, enjoy yourself, a nice reward after a hard day at work.

Much love

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Candlelight,

Oh thanks you - truth be told I only found out about it through my cousin, but we do seem to have quite a few free events, it is lovely :-)

Hoglet x
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all, work from home day tomorrow so only have to get up at 6.30 instead of 5.30 :D

Made the most revolting dinner tonight. I had got some pork out at the weekend thinking it was chops but it seemed more like belly, almost like streaky bacon but in thick chops.

For various reasons we didn't have it for the meal I had planned. Instead I cooked it in slow cooker with some veggies, a kind of casserole.

Used some of the meat tonight in a risotto but it was so gristly and fatty I just ate the rice and left the meat. I hate to waste meat given what is involved in producing it but I really can't face the rest of it.

11 eggs today :eek: Sold 6 at the gate, will put more out tomorrow :)

Planning on making scotch eggs at the weekend - lots of them :rotfl:

Anyone live within driving distance of Wootton Bassett and want some duck eggs, let me know :eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    KATE it sounds as though you might have had pork slices and I've such a delicious way of cooking them. Peel some potatoes and slice them in halves lengthwise so you have oval shapes and put them on the bottom of an ovenproof roasting dish, I like metal it seems to pass the heat better, season the potatoes well and slice up an onion and scatter it over them. Put the pork slices on top of the veg, give them a spray or oil or brush on some oil and a good grind of pepper but no salt. Pop them uncovered into a warmish oven and cook them for at least 45 minutes, preferably an hour or so, less time if the slices are thin. They crisp up beautifully and the rendered fat from the meat cooks the potatoes to a crisp brown. I make some good gravy with some cider in it and a good green veg to go with it. Better than a prime roasting joint in flavour and Oh so much cheaper. Give it a try it's Yummy!
  • katep23
    Options
    Ooh lovely, will do that tomorrow with the rest of these as I hate to throw meat away. Thank you x
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Kate - I was in the local fishmongers at the weekend and they had two baskets of duck eggs on the counter. Medium sized ones were £1.20 each and the big ones (which were pretty large) were £1.60 each. I was horrified, clearly so was the lady in front as she asked if the price was for half a dozen and the assistant confirmed it was per egg:eek: I think you have a little gold mine there:D
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • katep23
    Options
    Kate - I was in the local fishmongers at the weekend and they had two baskets of duck eggs on the counter. Medium sized ones were £1.20 each and the big ones (which were pretty large) were £1.60 each. I was horrified, clearly so was the lady in front as she asked if the price was for half a dozen and the assistant confirmed it was per egg:eek: I think you have a little gold mine there:D
    :eek: each!! That's more than goose eggs!

I sell them for £1.60 a half dozen at work in Oxfordshire but at home in Wiltshire my neighbour sells half a dozen hens eggs for £1.00 so I sell my duck eggs for £1.30 a half dozen.
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone :-)

The free movie event last night was brilliant - free drinks on arrival and sizeable nibbles - samosas, spring rolls, sushi etc, goody bag with 2 huge magazines and a bar of chocolate. Got into the cinema and there were boxes of popcorn and chocolates on all the seats. The fashion show bit wasn't amazing but did cover clothes, hair and beauty so it was at least varied if not really my thing and fairly long - about 1 1/2 hrs. Movie came on afterwards - Focus was brilliant, really enjoyed it.

Went out to a nice burger place with friends afterwards and we had a really lovely time, lots of giggles.

Got home far too late, DH told me he'd come home at lunchtime feeling terrible - why doesn't he mention that before 11pm??!!

Better get onto some work - have a lovely evening everyone

Love Hoglet x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hoglet, that sounds a really good night out, you lucky girl.

I hope DH is feeling a little better today.

Don't work too hard

Much love

Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills