Positive steps thread 2014

Options

Comments

• ghostmadlittlemiss
    ghostmadlittlemiss Posts: 1,788 Forumite
    edited 19 October 2014 at 4:20PM
    Options
    So, my list for today:

Get change from Sainsburys for car park. (Misc)
    Badminton, 10:30am. (Wl/f)
    Motivational hypnosis mp3. (M/mw)
    [STRIKE]Return library books. (Misc)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]Pick up reservations. (Misc)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    Drop off cleaner adverts. (I)
    [STRIKE]Ring Lift Psychology re medical records. (U) (I've started a new category called University, to mark off the things that will directly make it easier for me to go back)[/STRIKE] They don't have them but still done. :D
    Wash pots. (Misc)
    [STRIKE]Weigh in, 7pm (Wl/f)[/STRIKE] Done. :D

Kayleigh
  • Callisto
    Callisto Posts: 928 Forumite
    edited 23 October 2014 at 10:47PM
    Options
    Hi Kayleigh, I would like to join in with this thread. I currently have depression and find most things a struggle, plus I procrastinate a lot. I am studying part time with the Open University, and I am already behind, so need to make this a priority as have an assignment due next week. Good luck with getting back to Uni!

I also have problems with noisy neighbours and I am looking to move, but need to save up for the letting agent fees. I currently live in a flat, but would prefer a house.

My list for tomorrow is:

[STRIKE]Make shopping list and go food shopping[/STRIKE] Done
    Buy bulb for lamp - None in stock
    [STRIKE]Post parcels[/STRIKE] Done
    2 hours studying - Erm, oops :o
    [STRIKE]Look at houses available to rent[/STRIKE] Done
    Contact Sky re voucher they should have sent, but haven't - Nope
    [STRIKE]Check credit card balance transfer has gone through and set up direct debit for it[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]1 x washing[/STRIKE] Done
  • Callisto
    Callisto Posts: 928 Forumite
    Options
    List for Friday

3 hours of study
    Organise study notes
    Contact Sky re voucher
    Pack summer clothes away
    1 x washing
    Make plan for saving towards moving house

I am tempted to add more, but will leave it at that for now. I don't want to end up with a lot of tasks not done!
  • nish50
    nish50 Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2014 at 10:07AM
    Options
    This is a lovely little thread. I would like to try and join in.

Today's list includes

Washing
    Cook a curry
    Go for a run
    Take DD to circus
    Fold and put away laundry
    Sort out last lot of DD's birthday invites

Nisha
  • katsu
    katsu Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good luck with going back to uni Kayleigh. You can do all the prep then decide if it is the right time, so don't feel too pressured by the idea.
    Debt at highest: £8k. Debt Free 31/12/2009. Original MFD May 2036, MF Dec 2018.
  • ghostmadlittlemiss
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks to everyone who's joined/posted in the last few days. It's always great to see new faces around here. :)
    katsu wrote: »
    Good luck with going back to uni Kayleigh. You can do all the prep then decide if it is the right time, so don't feel too pressured by the idea.

I know, maybe I am rushing things a little bit by seeing if I could go back quite soon. I guess the reason is that I'm very close to my grandparents and they were quite disappointed when I had to leave university. They're in their 90s and my granddad has Alzheimer's which is getting worse so I really want at least get on the way to going back to university while they're still alive/know who I am. :( But I know that going back before I'm better is just going to cause the same problems to happen again.

In terms of my categories, the only one that I've done really well on this month is the debt/savings category. I paid off the gas/electric arrears before the end of Sept, when I only set the goal on the 20th! :eek: :j The rest, I'm looking likely to miss. It's possible that I might be able to manage the income one if I focus but there's no way that the weight loss one will happen and the motivation one was missed by a mile a while back. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to set more realistic ones next time.

I've found out a bit more on the university front since I last posted. It turns out that if you have "compelling personal reasons" for having not passed a year of university, you can apply to get an extra year of funding for each year that was affected. So it's possible that I might not have to somehow saved up £18,000. :j Of course, it's also possible that they would refuse my application and that I'd be back where I started but at least I wouldn't be any worse off for trying.
    Kayleigh
  • ghostmadlittlemiss
    edited 27 October 2014 at 9:58AM
    Options
    My list for today (with some things already ticked off):

[STRIKE]E-mail former Mind rep re him having left.[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]E-mail lady at HMRC re lack of letter and me having contacted current employee of former employer that I'm complaining about.[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]E-mail current Mind rep re problem with authorisation form.[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]E-mail Green Party re membership renewal.[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]Put towels in washing machine.[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    E-mail Mind re help with CPR request.
    Wash pots.
    Make dinner.

Not much left to do today but then again, there isn't much left of today.

Kayleigh
  • ghostmadlittlemiss
    edited 27 October 2014 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Morning all,

Nice early start for me today so let's hope I can have a productive day.

[STRIKE]Put clothes for today in washing machine on quick wash. (Misc)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    Motivational hypnosis mp3. (M/mw)
    [STRIKE]E-mail Mind re help with CPR application. (U)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]Reply to Karen re hypnosis. (M/mw)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]E-mail former uni re mitigating circumstances records. (U)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]Shower. (Misc)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    [STRIKE]Enquire at CoBC re Open Evening. (U)[/STRIKE] Done. :D
    Wash pots. (Misc)

I think I'll stop there for now and just add more to the list later on if I still have the energy.
    Kayleigh
  • nish50
    nish50 Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 27 October 2014 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Morning Kayleigh

Half term this week which means entertaining DD along with all the other things that need to be done.

Today's list includes

[STRIKE]Cook kidney bean curry for dinner[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]Fold and put away laundry[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]Sort out pumpkin (I'm going to roast some to make puree, toast the seeds for a healthy snack, set aside some to make a curry and prep for an Indian style chutney with the insides! - get my full money's worth of the £2.00 pumpkin!)[/STRIKE] Done! Phew that was a hard job but worth it!
    [STRIKE]Take DD bowling this afternoon for a treat[/STRIKE]Done:T
    Update neighbourhood watch details

Think I'm going to stop here else I'll run out of steam!
  • ghostmadlittlemiss
    Options
    nish50 wrote: »
    Morning Kayleigh

Half term this week which means entertaining DD along with all the other things that need to be done.

Today's list includes

[STRIKE]Cook kidney bean curry for dinner[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]Fold and put away laundry[/STRIKE] Done!
    [STRIKE]Sort out pumpkin (I'm going to roast some to make puree, toast the seeds for a healthy snack, set aside some to make a curry and prep for an Indian style chutney with the insides! - get my full money's worth of the £2.00 pumpkin!)[/STRIKE] Done! Phew that was a hard job but worth it!
    [STRIKE]Take DD bowling this afternoon for a treat[/STRIKE]Done:T
    Update neighbourhood watch details

Think I'm going to stop here else I'll run out of steam!

Blimey, that does sound like a big job with the pumpkin! :eek: Well done for getting that done. :T I remember carving pumpkins with some friends a few years ago, my arm was aching like mad by the time I'd finished!
    Kayleigh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport