PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good to hear from you AOT, it must be very restricting, but I hope it heals quickly and that you will be back to normal very soon.

Take care of yourself

Much love

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening all, Docky is terrified as we've had fireworks this evening so here I am again in the study listening to excruciating radio and trying to keep him calm.

I didn't help with the flowers CANDLELIGHT she was going to recruit a few friends and they were doing the whole lot today then taking them to the wedding venue to be put out tomorrow. I haven't had the photos yet but I'm hoping to be able to see how it looks. The wedding is tomorrow as the venue was cheaper on a Sunday and the registrar is able to carry out the ceremony too, can only be good.

AOT I hope your wrist is a bit less painful today and that it gradually improves and settles down.

Poor DD1 who is off on the battlefields trip tomorrow is feeling poorly and sicky today, I hope she hasn't got the bug that has been plaguing the 5th form for a couple of weeks or she's in for a few uncomfortable days and HAS to go on the trip tomorrow. Luckily they aren't on a ferry as the forecast for the channel is quite rough and I can't imagine how that would be if you were already feeling nauseous. I'm off on Monday to look after Pushkin cat and she'll be home on Wednesday evening late so I'll be away until Friday so I can see her on Thursday. At least I can be useful while I'm up there and she's arranged a couple of deliveries while I'm there in the daytime.

FTM I hope you're beginning to pick up now and that your tonsils are behaving themselves, I know ice cream is lovely but there is really only so much of it you can eat isn't there?

Look after yourselves and I'll try to keep in touch next week but I'm not very confident on her laptop so I may not post, Lyn xxx.
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, MrsL, thinking of you and the dockling. Fireworks this early. So selfish x
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs to the Dockling - I know what you mean about the fireworks as Poppy is very sensitive. One went off suddenly without warning on Thursday night (Diwali) and she jumped out of her skin, pooped herself (bless her) and ran upstairs under my son's bed. What is bizarre is that his room is right in the attic so bangs are louder? Anyway she felt safe there - he turned his music up (no change there) and there she remained until the morning!

I dread this time of year for her - Molly is ok - surprisingly but her hearing is going or rather she is very selective now. She can still hear the rustle of her sweety treats miles away:rotfl:
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning MOLLY, poor Poppy dog, they must be so very scared and not know anything other than that wish to escape the noise, we had a success last night with Docky. DD1 found and sent to us a product made by beaphar called 'Calming Spot On' for dogs that is valerian based and we used it on him last night when he was frantic and digging. I won't say it cured the fear altogether but after half an hour or so he did calm down, he did stop digging, panting and pacing and he did come into the study and lay quiet on the floor while I was on the computer and had the radio playing masking music. He's a little sleepier than normal this morning but I'd despaired of finding anything that would help him. Now, I think we might have found not a cure but a partial solution. The same company make a spot on for cats to do the same thing. I believe it was under £5 and is 3 weeks worth of treatments each pour on lasting a week before it needs to be renewed. Looking forward to the end of the fireworks noise and disruptions for a animal pals, Lyn xxx.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think I will try it - thank you x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Evening all. I hope the fireworks have subsided MrsLW - I think they have moved north towards me. Bizarrely I can also see two huge bonfires this evening which seems particularly early!

It's been a busy week or so here. I'm most impressed with my new crock pot so now have even more prepared food in the freezer. In fact I had to pop into Lakeland to buy more little plastic dishes to freeze things. I reckon I have 6 weeks worth of prepared meals on a 10 day cycle so should keep us going till the beginning of December.

My tomatoes are still producing although getting less. I'm going to be so disappointed in the taste when I have to revert to shop bought tomatoes:)

My cabbages were looking very healthy however we have a slug problem:mad: I've resorted to making "collars" with black rubber things which I had round the base of the fruit trees. Hopefully that will make life more difficult for the little blighters! Kate -if I could package them up and post them to you I would gladly send them for the ducks:)

FTM - hope you are feeling better. I have less than pleasant memories of having my tonsils removed as a child but I think it may have been a good thing in the long run.

AOT - take it easy and rest as much as you can.

Candlelight- are you sitting on your new furniture yet?:D

I'm off to find a recipe for marshmallow krispie ghosts - special request from the others in the office. They know I have lots of halloween pastry cutters etc and asked for decorated rice krispie ghosts - what big kids we all are! I'm looking forward to making and decorating them though. Gives me great satisfaction! I may see what other halloween treats I could make - I like to surprise them too with something they didn't ask for. The joys of the internet - off now to see what I can find.

Speak to you all later in the week.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • hoglet121
    Options
    Hi all,

Just an incredibly qucik post from me to say we're still alive and kicking. We had a long weekend here but ended up flat out - had some work to do and used yesterday as a trial run in running a business from home asDH was reffing 2 matches. Hmm need to do 'something' to the study as it's a bit lonely and dreary in there but does have potential...

Weather is miserable here, where is summer??

Hope you're all well,

Love Hoglet xx
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,734 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Hoglet
    Are you in North Island or South. My DS1 has been in the North Island for 6 weeks now. He's working on a dairy farm. I like reading your posts as it reminds me of him and lets say he's not been the most communacative, though did manage a phone call on Saturday.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

It is a beautiful morning here and I have some washing spinning so will put that outside shortly.

We popped up to the SM earlier just for a few bits and I needed a birthday present for a good friend from M&S. I bought her a beautiful necklace in greens and blues because she wears a lot of green, (she is Irish);)

SM yes I am sitting in my new chair, Himself is on the sofa, and guess who has bagged the other chair. She even climbed into the packaging whilst Himself was putting the legs on the other chair. It is beautiful, we are so pleased with it, and I have pale turquoise throws, cushions and candles on the fireplace.

FTMI hope you are feeling better and that the new tabs are working and that the girl re OK. This is the first week I have felt anything like normal, but Himself still isn't right. He was about 4 days behind me catching the bug so that probably accounts for it. Needless to say he won't go to the Doctor, but I don't suppose he would do anything anyway if it is a virus as we suspect.

HOGLET I missed your post last night, which I usually read before I go to bed on a Monday night, you fooled me by being a bit later:). I am sorry your weather isn't good at the moment, but aat least you know it will get better. Keep those pesky slugs at bay though:eek:

Hello to everyone else and a special hello to Molly, who I know posts on the daily thread. I will be glad when the fireworks are done with. Flora doesn't like the bangs, but she isn't nearly as bad as our old golden retriever was, and she is an indoor cat now so she won't come to any harm.

LYN I hope you are enjoying yourself with Pushkin, but just think how poor Docky must be missing you. There will be lots of sluuuuuuuuuuuuurps when you go home I am sure.

Have a good day everyone.

Much love
    Candlelightx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills