PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not if they like them!!! Piglets are scrumptious and I don't mean when they're cooked!!! I remember catching a tiny one that had got itself on the road side of a boundary fence and was in utter panic flinging itself at the fence off the verge and in danger of being run over, we duly stopped the car and managed to catch it but the volume of screaming that came fromsuch a small being was unbelieveable. We popped him back in with the others and he stopped immediately, he was sooooo cute!
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2015 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Good evening all,

Have just lost a post, don't know what happened there.

Has been a lovely day here but a bit cool now.

I would like to give LYN a big hug. I lurk on the other thread but I don't think I have posted. I just want to say I have never known you to be unkind or unjust and in all your posts your kindness and wisdom show through. You are a lovely lady and I value your friendship.

SM You thought something drastic probably had to be done regarding the interlopers, but it seems it hasn't frightened the others off. As you say it probably won't end well.

It is very quiet here at Candlelight Towers. both have dreadful coughs which no doubt will pass in the fullness of time.

Hoglet no wins in 3 games, oh dear some unhappy fans, I am sure things will pick up soon for them, if not I will send the Wasps over :)

Take care everyone

Much love

Candlelightx (xx for Lyn)
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I loved reading the posts about the piggies MLW, fuddle and SM!

I ended up taking an unexpected afternoon off yesterday as my car needed some fairly urgent attention to its brake switch, DH had fixed it over the weekend but the switch gave up completely yesterday. Dropped it into the mechanics yesterday about 1.30 and it was fixed by half 3.

DH working late tonight so it might be a quick trip out to the fruit place if my friend is able to go with me. He's going down south with work all day tomorrow so it will be an early and late run to the airport for me.

Tomatoes all still going crazy - I made ketchup on Monday which hopefully will be nice. Getting a couple of passion fruit a day now too - so utterly delicious. Chillies starting to come on. Lettuce is almost over, a few spring onions left. Really need to plan winter veg.

must run,

love Hoglet x
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    oh just seen your post Candlelight!

Yes very unhappy fans - after several poor seasons too. This weekend we have a must-win game at home against a traditionally-poor team. If we lose this one, I think the coach will be pushed out.
  • ArthriticOldThing
    Options
    Hello Candlelight - and everyone else.
    Sorry I've been missing so long but been overwhelmed by RL and struggled to get online often. Have been trying to catch up these last few days as am housebound with arthritic legs. Not had chance to read back fully yet.
    I'm looking to move to a smaller (1 bedroom) flat and had a look at one but was on fourth floor. I'm on the first floor now and don't want to go any higher - would really prefer ground floor - as I have to consider how much worse my legs might get in years to come.
    So am attempting to declutter - a bit at a time - and it is amazing how much rubbish I seem to have accumulated.:eek:
    Nothing exciting - like guinea pig antics - to report so will say good night.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi AOT nice to see you back posting, poor you with painful legs, not much fun at all!!! Olaf piggy has been eating on his own this evening, he's made a dent in the top of his dry food and been grazing on some nice fresh parsley I got him from the polytunneltoo. He's even had a drink from his water bottle tonight, he is a GOOD piggy! Lyn xxx.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Hi AOT I am sorry the legs are not working too well. I hope you manage to find a suitable flat, or even perhaps a little bungalow. Most Local Authorities have one bedroomed bungalows, but I assume not enough to meet demand.

It does worry me sometimes because Himself is 71 and I am coming up 70 and we live in a 3 bedroomed house, and I assume there will come a time when we might struggle with the stairs. There is not a great deal to look forward to when our body struggles with ageing.

Never mind onwards and upwards . You look after yourself

Much love

Candlelightx
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all - another one coming out of the woodwork. :o

Welcome to the thread, Fuddle - you are safe here! YOu should come back to 5 OS pleasures too, that's a good one :)

Busy busy busy. I don't quite know whats happened to my life. Since the new year i just haven't stopped. I am hopeful that in a week or two's time i will be a bit calmer. I am supposed to be working tonight but it seems i just can't. I have a few hours on a train tomorrow so will try to do some marking then. I am off on a training day in London to be an assessor of Chartered Surveyors - something to ease my way into retirement when the time comes, a few years off yet I hope.

I have just been very rash and bought me and DS a ticket to see one of our favourite bands - DS has pretty well paid for his own in fact, and mine is a belated birthday pressie. Still feels rash though as the concert is Friday and we have paid a little over the odds. Very excited though - it's Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds.:j Still all this work has to have some benefits - no?

The bathrooms are all done, but we haven't time to organise the soft furnishings. Probably involves a trip to the Swedish place, which is a short trek away.

My friend has guinea pigs - her OH says she thinks more of them than him :rotfl:, I think they give her less trouble anyway! She always manages to get them looked after when she goes away. Though my OH complains bitterly when that is us! Am i right in thinking they prefer to be in pairs???

AOL - sorry about your pains, is it the weather? My mum used to get it something terrible in cold weather. The doctor told her she'd feel better if she lived in Egypt - except she'd have starved to death!

WEll, I'd really better do something tonight. I'll try to keep up more from now on.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi VJsmum,

Nice to see you back :-) And what is life without it's little treats? Sometimes I can feel very quilty on spending money on treats but DH reminds me that we do it infrequently and it's in the budget, it's good to have fun.

We used to look after my stepkids guinea pigs when they stayed with us. They were great fun (in the days before we had cats) but I think I played with them more than the kids did :-)

All this talk of bathrooms makes me happy - we are saving to have our en-suite done in the next year or 2. Very exciting!

Hoglet x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 March 2015 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Piggy update... vetty persons visit at 12.15 today as he's still not eating properly and I'm wondering if DDs vet didn't quite fix his tooth problem. The senior vet who fixed him last time this happened is in the operating theatre today too so if Olaf needs anything looking at and doing he's the best one to have do it. Oh the angst of looking after a much loved pet for a much loved daughter!!! Let you know what happens later, wish him luck? Lyn xxx.

Woohoo, the vet just rang to say Olaf is awake again and has had his teeth trimmed and is eating!!!! Yahoo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure