PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'll always piggy sit for you, never a problem as long as I'm physically here but I don't see why a piggy shouldn't come camping too if you have a secure cage for it, people take cats away in caravans don't they? and a piggy is less likely to be a problem trying to get out of the tent. That might actually not be a bad idea!
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning all :-)

Welcome Fuddle!

Candlelight - How lucky for Junior to have 2 people willing to tak him in. The swap party has been postponed till next Saturday but I have had a huge sort out and got some things to take along. There are a whole heap of categories - mens, womens, kids, beauty, accessories, jewellery, bric a brac and household.Anything which is left over goes to free week at my cousin's daughters playgroup which supports families in need.

Well the lamb arrived yesterday! Yes it was butchered - but into very large portions! It wasn't packaged either but I got it all wrapped and in the freezer. We had one of the racks for dinner last night - totally delicious.

Didn't make it out to the fruit place this weekend but we'll probably go 1 day after work this week - apparently the figs are almost ripe!

better run,

much love

Hoglet x
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Oh Hoglet fresh figs, absolutely delish.

Junior has gone to his new home yesterday. DGD1 says he seemed very shy to start with and hasn't slept much, but has found his way into her wardrobe and sat on her teddys.

I don't suppose he remembers her, and he is receiving lots of love from everyone so he will soon settle down I am sure. He is a beautiful cat and has features very much like his beautiful Mum.

I should think you had your work cut out bagging the lamb and putting it into small pieces, but should be lovely NZ lamb

Wasps won again at the Ricoh against Gloucester, looked as though it was a good attendance despite the bitterly cold weather.

Take care try not to work too hard

Much love

Candlelightx
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Candlelight

Yes he will take some time but settle down well I'm sure. How lovely that DG1 has him :-) He obviously feels safe in her wardrobe - nice of her teddies to make him feel welcome :-)

Good news for Wasps - they certianly seem to be suiting the Ricoh. Our Super Rugby team the Blues have started the season with 3 loses from 3 matches. Grrrrr!

Hoglet x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all,piggy fed, hub fed, piggy medicated, docky medicated, hub medicated, me too and have waved them off for walkies and will get on with the housework in a mo. Nice bright morning here today but cold although the nice weather forecaster said by the weekend we might be up to 16 degrees Oh happy day!!! I'm fed up with being cold aren't you? Going to have a pottering day today, many little jobs to do/finish and carpet fitters coming this afternoon to do both rooms, woohoo! Heard from the Zebra clan last night that they were safely back from their week in Scotlandshire in the snow and Zebra was really happy to be back home, oh my, he is just like his Oma!!! Will catch up with them today as they were settling him and sorting laundry last evening. I think I'm going to start spring cleaning from the top down and really have a sort out in the storeroom as soon as all the furniture from the bedrooms is back in situ and we have carpeted floors. I seem to have squirreled away an awful lot of stuff and I'm now questioning whether I need it all, if not I'll recycle/rehome/or get rid of it. Should keep me out of mischief for quite some time!!!
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH is away for the week again; I struggle to cook proper food when he is away but decided I need to make more effort so made myself chicken stir fry for dinner. Lovely and quick!

I need ideas for things I can prep in the slow cooker the night before then put it on a timer. Vegetarian, pulses, chicken. That way I can just cook rice, potatoes or pasta when I get in and I eat a proper meal.

Going to do an hour tonight unpacking / putting away as we still feel like we are living out of boxes. OH was packing last night and couldn't find any jumpers which are all still in bags in the spare room so I think that's where I'll start.

MrsL, I'm also determined to declutter, it's definitely starting to feel like spring!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Boiiinngggggg!!!!
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 2 March 2015 at 10:42PM
    Options
    Evening all.

Welcome Fuddle:wave:

I disappear under a pile of work for a week and when I come back a piglet has arrived on this thread! I'm thrilled and a little envious Mrs LW. I grew up with piglets on the farm and spent hours amongst them as a small child. They used to nibble the tops of my wellingtons and the any loose clothing was a target for their little mouths but I loved to be amongst them. They had such peachy soft skin I could happily pick one up and stroke it for ages. Of course they could also be the noisiest little devils with a screech that would lead anyone to think they were being murdered!

The garden interlopers are one less:o I do feel bad however we had to do something drastic. Sadly, rather than scaring the others away the loss of their friend/family member seems to have made them more brazen. It's just not going to end well.

On a brighter note though my hare is back so that's a sign spring is around the corner. He was munching grass amongst the fruit trees yesterday. There are many spring bulbs however he doesn't touch them so I'm happy to see him back. He won't munch much today though, we had a skiff of snow earlier and it is white again.

I used the ice cream maker twice last week, am on a roll now! Rum and raisin and some mint choc chip. This week I may try a sorbet, I quite fancy orange.
    My local butcher had an offer on at the weekend where if you spent £15 or more you also got a free range chicken thrown in. I was buying 4lb of pork for the slow cooker so the chicken was a real bonus. I have sliced chicken and legs in the freezer and masses of chicken, wild rice and vegetable soup too. The farm cats were delighted to get the carcass last night. I nipped into the barn before we sat down to dinner last night and dropped the carcasse into a dish where they get fed. They aren't terribly tame but suddenly there were cats of all styles and sizes appearing from behind bales of straw and bags of feeding. There was much meowing, some hissing and spitting (clearly there is some sort of hierarchy amongst them) and, by the time I backed out quietly, a bit of purring. They had a good weekend - hubby shot 3 starlings and a pigeon on Saturday which they also enjoyed.

Hubby seems intent on keeping me busy and practising my darning skills. He seems to be wearing out socks on a daily basis so I'm now mending on a daily basis too!

I'm off to make myself a cuppa and catch 20 minutes of TV before bed. I'm yawning my head off. No staying power nowadays!
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 March 2015 at 1:06PM
    Options
    Oh SM he's a guinea piglet, not a piggy piglet!!!

Have had a good session in the storeroom this morning and consolidated stocks and sorted out those cardboard bits I've kept in case they come in handy. He Who Knows has taken a big sack to the tip with some bits from the garden and I can see the floor!!! Have also been out and swept the patio which now looks much better and next doors gardener has trimmed back all the high growing shrubs that are on the other side of our fence and the garden is much lighter. Looking forward to some warmer weather so I can sit out for my cuppa in the afternoons.
  • scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl:m:rotfl::rotfl:

That's what I get for excitedly jumping to conclusions! I did think it was a bit extreme feeding oatcakes to piglets:D
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport