2011 mfw

Options

Comments

• curlygirl1971
    curlygirl1971 Posts: 1,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :mad: I am going to hang my head in shame . . .
    QUOTE]

Ah don't do that Laura. Things happen from time to time and the servicing of a relatively low cost debt sometimes has to go further down in the priorities. You're still fighting the good fight so hold your head up high :D

I have a lob-sided bathroom. Yep. The sinks out of plumb and so's the bath. Tiles are not flush with one another. Some DIY-disaster-twit did it about 20 years ago (Must have been same person that did some of the doors as the architraves are out as well). I lie in the bath and I can see the skewed water line. It's almost funny. I have some money in an ISA earmarked for the project but I keep putting up with it and putting it off - prefer the money earning a measly 2.85%.......It's only me in the house so as long as I don't have anyone round its not too embarrassing ;)
  • curlygirl1971
    Options
    If this rate is kept up, 1.71 million will be repaid by December, or to put it in football terms it'll buy us Wayne Rooney's right hand ;)

Do we have to? I can think of better ways to spend the money!
  • curlygirl1971
    Options
    Will be OP'ing another £800 tomorrow - this is a Bonus Payment relating to last year but only just been approved.

Just because I'm sad and I like messing around on Spreadsheets and I'm struggling to concentrate on real work this afternoon and can't read any more upsetting or worrying reports from Japan; I've worked out how my OP's have been financed since I started OP'ing in June 2008.

As of tomorrow I will have OP'd a total of £9639 in 34 months = £283.50 monthly average.

£178.21 monthly average excluding Bonus (ie. Money saving efforts)

1) Bonus Money 37.14% :D

2) Savings 27.53%

3) Budgeted OP 21.48% (a budget item I treat like a bill to myself)

4) Under-spending on other budgets 5.5% (ie when I've saved money on Insurance that I've saved up for)

5) Extra Income 2.9%

6) Halifax Rewards 2.39%

7) Cashback 2.38%

8) Interest earned on Savings diverted to Mortgage 0.68%

Right, now I REALLY must get back to real work :(

Hope you all have a great weekend
  • Baby_steps_2
    Options
    Hi all,

267.93 this month for me. Not the best, really need to get on with things if I am going to get anywhere near my target!!!
    Mortgage @ 01.06.10 £165,999
    Mortgage @ 31.10.13 £14,664
  • Needhelpsaving
    Needhelpsaving Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    [QUOTE=curlygirl1971;42093906
    I have a lob-sided bathroom. Yep. The sinks out of plumb and so's the bath. Tiles are not flush with one another. Some DIY-disaster-twit did it about 20 years ago (Must have been same person that did some of the doors as the architraves are out as well). I lie in the bath and I can see the skewed water line. It's almost funny. I have some money in an ISA earmarked for the project but I keep putting up with it and putting it off - prefer the money earning a measly 2.85%.......It's only me in the house so as long as I don't have anyone round its not too embarrassing ;)[/QUOTE]

Must have been the same guy who did our house - god forbid you look at the tiles when you are drunk - they are all over the place!! Thanks you have cheered me up x :D
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Lady1981
    Lady1981 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

We have only managed to save £205.00 this month which is way off target! :(

Hope everyone else is managing to stay on track better than we are!!

Lady xx
  • black_taxi_2
    black_taxi_2 Posts: 1,816 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    lady 1981

right direction is all that matters--reduced mortgage/debt

well-done

keep at it
    £48515 interest £181 (2009)debt/mortgage-MFIT/T2/T3
    debt/mortgage free 28/11/14
    vanguard shares index isa £1000
    credit union £400
    emergency fund£500
    #81 save 2018£4200
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    We have managed to up the monthly overpayments to £250 from £50. Hope we can continue to do this for the remainder of the year.

Well done everyone. To those struggling because of unavoidable expenditure please don't worry. We pay what we can when we can. We have had some good years and now have had to cut the overpayments down, it happens. Just pay what you can when you can, you will still see a difference.

Pollys x
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    # 217 reporting a £158 OP for end February - mid March.

have currently OPed £338 of £1500 target for the year, or 22.5 %.
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • wonderbee
    wonderbee Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    No 153 reporting in. Another £50 Op'd today. £350 so far for March. Will hopefully be able to Op again towards the end of the month.
    Wonderbee
    Mortgage free wannebe no:98
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family