Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Options

Comments

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi friends, I've just got back from a and e , I fainted and fell down some stairs at the drs today.It's not broken but it is mashed up and I have t wear the heavy boot brace for a few weeks.. I feel really sorry for myself, I was feeling low and grievy anyway,about the medical stuff and now I'm stuck at home, and I'm going to get isolated and lonely. It didn't help to hear that I got the scan results today and I have significant osteoporosis in my spine.. I am so tired of all these scary !!! health problems.. I wish I had a partner and family to look after me :(
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hi friends, I've just got back from a and e , I fainted and fell down some stairs at the drs today.It's not broken but it is mashed up and I have t wear the heavy boot brace for a few weeks.. I feel really sorry for myself, I was feeling low and grievy anyway,about the medical stuff and now I'm stuck at home, and I'm going to get isolated and lonely. It didn't help to hear that I got the scan results today and I have significant osteoporosis in my spine.. I am so tired of all these scary !!! health problems.. I wish I had a partner and family to look after me :(

Oh poor you that sounds painful.

I really wish there was something practical I could help.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Was it your foot you mangled, Faerie, or your leg?

Why did you faint, do you think?
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• faerielight
    edited 13 June 2016 at 8:23PM
    Options
    it's the top of my foot, in the line from little tow to top of foot .. It is so hard to get around my tiny flat.. having no core strength in my abdomen, plus the arthritis in my feet and spine.. It's really hard, and even getting round a steep bend into my loo is so hard , and it is excruciating :( Ther never got to the bottom of my faints.. I fainted and fell on some stairs 6 years ago and fractured my left foot badly in a few places, and was in a cast for 6 months.. they just don't know what causes the faints, bit my guess it's my neck as I get very dizzy when my neck gets tight and the arthritis is pretty bad in my neck..or it could be related to the m.e.. I really don't know. all they did was blame it on the heat, but I have a history of faints and falls, but they def have not investigated it, apart from blood pressure which is a bit low.. maybe that is why.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    damn it

when i filled in the online consulation i was meant to get a copy of what i;d put down, no copy sems to exist. can;t remember what i said. !!!!sticks.

sorry you've been injured faerie, you may not have family/partneer but we are all here for you. i know its not the same but you're not alone and you can talk us.
  • System
    Options
    Keep thinking back to events of the weekend, i have a lot of LGBT friends and many are saying they are afraid to be out and open in public, this makes me sad. I beeleive everyone should be free to loe whoever they want, without the fear of dying. I know it goes against some religious belives but what happened was wrong (WaS not your fault, i know you hopefully wont think it was but i know death can trigger you)

(trigger maybe, orlando shooting /religion)

'penguin]What happened in Orlando was a tragedy. But it was more than that. it was an attack. An attack on the LGBTQ_+ community as a whole. It was homophobic, it was a hate crime. Various news have tried to say it was simply a terrorist attack or tried to excuse him by saying he was mentally ill. NO. he was a homophobe. Yes maybe he was also an Islamic extremist but the sole point here is he hated gay/trans people. And that to me is wrong. How, how can you hate someone for loving someone the same gender as them? How can you hate someone for feeling they are born in the wrong body? What !!!!ing harm does it do anyone? None at all. All anyone wants gay, straight, bi , trans, queer, all they want is to live their lives in peace, to not be afraid to go out in public to be able to show love, affection, compassion. They are not hurting anyone. So why is such a big !!!!ing problem? Christians say that its wrong cos the bible says so, newsflash the bible says a lot of thing are wrong, and yet most people dont even follow half them rules. Muslims say its wrong but that doesn;t mean gay/bi/tans muslims do not exist, they do but they feel they have to hide for fear of what may happen. I;m not saying religion is wrong but !!!!!! have some !!!!ing compassion. Innocent people have died. Innocent people who were just living life and enjoying themselves. They did not deserve this. If you think you;re god would condemn then then thats between you and your god but !!!!!! do not tell people they deserved to die. Its sick and its wrong. [/penguin]
  • faerielight
    Options
    thanks messed x
  • Georgiegirl256
    Georgiegirl256 Posts: 7,005 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say that that is a beautiful passionate post MU, and I totally agree with all you say x x x
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm afraid, MessedUp, that some people have a mindset that is as rigid as concrete, and it is that they are right and if you disagree then you are automatically wrong.

All we can do is continue to practice and speak out for tolerance.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• System
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    I'm afraid, MessedUp, that some people have a mindset that is as rigid as concrete, and it is that they are right and if you disagree then you are automatically wrong.

All we can do is continue to practice and speak out for tolerance.
    One of my gay friends has said shes scared to show any affection to her partner in public now. That saddens me so much, They are an amazing couple and should be free to be open about it. It makes me realise as being straight i take so many things for granted. I have no worries being affectionate with Swain. How horrible it must be to fear showing affection cos you fear you may be attacked. :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback