IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from excel parking services limited

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Bri-Wizzle wrote: »
    Haha, yeah. It was the court where they lost their case! :D

Anyways, I shall ignore it! Why hasn't Excel Parking closed down yet? Hmm.

Because, unfortunately, enough people beleive their threats and pay up.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Bri-Wizzle
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Because, unfortunately, enough people beleive their threats and pay up.

That is such a shame. Can't the MP do anything about it to warn people of Excel?
  • gmc23
    gmc23 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I too just received an Excel Parking fine! I've read everybody else's cases, and mine is a little different.

I bought a 4hour ticket in Wakefield, Smyth Street but had to leave the car park for ten minutes. I came back, and now they're charging me £60! I paid for 4 hours, so I was still valid to park their untill 10.30?? Does it matter that i left the car park for ten minutes? Are you allowed to do this with a ticket?

They have photos of me entering, but it was really me returning. I had bought the ticket 20mins before. Surely they have that picture too? They didn't charge me for being in the car park for 10minutes with the ticket, so it must be on their system?

I don't have my ticket which is stressing me out as I don't have proof on me.

Please help, I'm a 20 year old girl, been driving 10 months and have been so careful with parking. This is just worrying...
  • trisontana
    Options
    Be assured. Your case is no different to the many others featured on here. For a start it's not a "fine". They don't have photos of you, they have some pretty pictures of a car, with no way of identifying the driver. Ignore these clowns and do not communicate with them in any way.

For further reassuarnce please read the "stickies" at the top for this forum
  • gmc23
    Options
    It says it is a parking charge notice. I've read the letter and it mentions no fine/penalty? Does this make a difference?

It also says I'm being charged for the reason of: parked without displaying a valid ticket/permit.

I had 4 hours ticket displayed. Also how would a computer know it hasn't been displayed?
    A regular traffic officer would walk past it and know it was fine as the time was until 10.30. They would'nt care i had drove out for 10 minutes would they?
  • trisontana
    Options
    You are taking these clowns too seriously. They are not the council or the police. They are just a bunch of private citizens who have no right to demand money off you for supposedly breaking their rules. You paid for parking. End of story.

Please read the "stickies" at the top of this forum, especially the one titled "Welcome PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING". That will tell you all you need to know about private parking companies.
  • gmc23
    Options
    Where is this stickie thing? :s Im new to here..
    And can't the police get involved? Can't we all do something about this?
  • trisontana
    Options
    If you look at the top of this "Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking" sub-forum you will see a topic entitled "Welcome PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING". That's where you need to look.
  • gmc23
    Options
    found it. thanks.
    i'll try to stop worrying. I can't believe the police can't do anything about excel??
    Could i not speak to police about these false claims?
  • trisontana
    Options
    gmc23 wrote: »
    found it. thanks.
    i'll try to stop worrying. I can't believe the police can't do anything about excel??
    Could i not speak to police about these false claims?

They will just say "it's a civil matter" and nothing to do with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure