Parcel2go.com Loss claim problems

Options

Comments

• Wayne3765
    Options
    I've now had a much better response from Parcel2Go.

They have been emailing me regularly since Friday Evening, keeping me updated, and I had a phone call off them today to tell me a cheque has been sent out by first class mail to cover my losses.
  • Ezy_Rider
    Options
    Hi All, long time reader, first time poster here! You all seem pretty savvy about this sort of thing so would appreciate some advice!

Having my own P2G nightmare, appears from the internet that this is not a new problem...

Sold a guitar through ebay at the beginning of November, for £300; arranged 'next day' delivery through P2G(DHL) and was then contacted by buyer a few days later to say it hadn't arrived. Then spent three weeks trying to get information (aka blood) out of P2G's 'customer services' dept (aka a stone) and was then advised to put in a claim for loss, which wasn't ideal.

Liaised with buyer throughout, who was very good about it all. Deadline for me to pay him refund was approaching, then suddenly P2G get in touch to say item is found and will be delivered. Great! I thought; then 2 weeks later (ie last week), no delivery, so i have to shell out £300 just before Christmas, thanks very much.

Finally get P2G to confirm that claim is being re-activated, then get an email through yesterday asking if would prefer cheque or credit with them! Credit! I don't think so...anyway, then get an email today suggesting that the cheque will be a 'full and final' payment of £60. Sixty effing quid! Less than 20% of what this has cost me already!

So can anyone suggest any ideas for what I could do now? I am 100% ready to take these pieces of **** to court and I don't care if I don't end up 1p up. I am not happy! All advice gratefully received!
  • Wayne3765
    Options
    My cheque came through as promised.

I'm happy enough with how quick it's been sorted by Parcel2go.
  • Ezy_Rider
    Options
    Well I'm not happy!

I've now been informed that I'm only insured up to the value of £50 because I did not take out the full insurance. This to me seems ridiculous, to lose a package the size of a packed guitar in case would require negligence, thus negating their Ts & Cs?

Can anyone help me with some advice here?
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi, Parcel2Go has asked us to post this on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company posts on the forum.

I’m sorry to hear this has happened can I ask that you send me the order details to g.iveson@parcel2go.com and I will look into this straight away for you? Regards P2G Quality Team.’
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • TVPIPE
    TVPIPE Posts: 133 Forumite
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi, Parcel2Go has asked us to post this on its behalf. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company posts on the forum.

I’m sorry to hear this has happened can I ask that you send me the order details to [EMAIL="g.iveson@parcel2go.com"]g.iveson@parcel2go.com[/EMAIL] and I will look into this straight away for you? Regards P2G Quality Team.’

I have had a similar experience to the other posters - however, I have attempted to email parcel2go using the g.iverson address and whilst the email was read (receipt), I did not receive a reply.

My item was shipped by HDNL (booked through parcel2go) - but never delivered - now trying to claim - and despite the issue being flagged with parcel2go and the claim being submitted in time, I receive a standard email claiming I am too late. I would advise people looking to find a booking agent to steer clear of Parcel2go as the customer service is awful!

I am now looking at the small claims court.....
  • anyarella
    Options
    I used P2G and DHL to send two big items to Sweden. Two boxes were collected,a box and a pram was delivered. The pram had my order's label on it, so logically, the switch happened in the UK at the sorting office of some kind.

P2G have been a nightmare to deal with, slow, incompetent and unprofessional customer service, which you can only get through their "live help" option, as they don't pick up their phones. The chat option is torture, it is like getting blood out of a stone, after 4 hours chatting with the adviser, no light had been shone on the matter.

I decided to call DHL directly and to my surprise found out that P2G have not ordered a search for the lost bag, and due to the fact that P2G are actually DHL's customer and I am just a third party, DHL could only wait for P2G's directions. Upon contacting P2G with this information they blamed it on DHL stating that they misinformed me.

On top of that P2G have closed my inquiry for the lost consignment twice, by mistake, and then denied it happened even though they have sent me two e-mails stating it was closed and DHL confirmed the information too. They further went on blaming DHL, explaining that P2G had no power to close the claim. Yeah right what a load of nonsense.

I have been trying to get hold on someone in charge in that !!!!!!! P2G office and a month later I was finally given the honor to talk to the office manager who told me the same banal nonsense, apologized once and then rudely terminated conversation without listening. WOW what a service.

Their actions were anything but diligent, bordering on negligent. I don't understand what reason DHL have to misinform me, stating that they have not been ordered by P2G to look for the bag. The claim which P2G are offering doesn't cover 10% of the content, it's only £50. So my priority really is to find my bag, its somewhere in some depot, waiting to be claimed, but the monkeys at P2G are not claiming it.
    Any advise?
  • papper00
    papper00 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I sold a bass guitar on eBay to the value of £140. Naturally I took on board their rules relating to guitars, and naturally I took out the additional cover to the full value of the item.

Collection - perfect. Although the 'DHL' van was unmarked/white and the driver was rough as anything. Still, my item was packaged to the nines, what could go wrong?

Everything.

If we had to judge them on collection and delivery they would get 10/10 from me. But judging by the pictures I received from my ebay buyer when he received the item, I think the driver just wandered outside and tried to catapult the guitar from my house to Nottinghamshire....! A nice bass guitar, with a beautiful cherry red finish, now with a massive smashed hole in the surface. First of all, thanks DHL, for allowing your clowns to not only mishandle a clearly guitar-shaped item with the word "fragile" PLASTERED all over it, but to apparently intentionally smack it over something blunt.

So, armed with my claims form, sent nice and quickly to me by P2G, and my multiple photos worth of evidence, I proceeded to post out my claim for the full amount, as covered.

A week and a half later, I get a generic email saying that photos of the damage were missing. I sent four bloody photos, enlarged and high quality. Cheers. They gave me FIVE DAYS to obtain more photos from the recipient before the deadline will have bee passed and the claim would become null and void.

Somehow I got the extra photos, and posted AND emailed them out 2 days before the deadline. Frankly the attitude from my buyer has been utterly exemplory throughout the whole ordeal.

This was a week ago. No response. I have emailed them EVERY DAY and only now am I receiving back the generic "thanks we got your email and someone will get back to you" message. All week I have been hung up on when calling their services line, cut off on the live chat, and completely ignored on email, and by post!

They obviously don't fancy paying out on my claim. Maybe £140 is a bit steep for them eh? I don't care, I have followed every possible rule, procedure and deadline and am getting nowhere...

If anybody has had any success via legal action, claims courts or specific email addresses to try (I've tried all the above and several others!) please let me know. I can't handle chasing these idiots any longer but I am NOT letting them rip me off and take my money.

In summary - not Parcel2Go's fault the item got damaged. DHL are just as bad if not worse than P2G for this reason. So don't use them if you can help it.

On the other hand, P2G are responsible and show no signs whatsoever of helping their customers, honouring their promises, or paying out on any form of claim. I am absolutely disgusted by the service, baffled as to how they continue to trade unchallenged by authorities, and so bloody angry at the whole situation that I could bust a gut.

AVOID.
  • DJFearRoss
    Options
    I decided to call DHL directly and to my surprise found out that P2G have not ordered a search for the lost bag, and due to the fact that P2G are actually DHL's customer and I am just a third party, DHL could only wait for P2G's directions. Upon contacting P2G with this information they blamed it on DHL stating that they misinformed me

I have the exact same problem as above. I too called DHL who inturn told me to call P2G.
    Here's the thing, these are businesses, they are there to make money not take your emails or calls for free. When your parcel gets lost it is in P2G's interest that DHL do not find it as they get £100. Of course, they will only send you £50 of this (if your lucky), that's much more profit than they made shipping your item. DHL don't mind, cause then they sell your parcel on anyway as 'unclaimed' or return it to the account holder 'P2G' who inturn will sell it on (quids-in again, which is why they always ask you to print their own P2G destination address labels). So there all quidsin really, except us. Lesson learned, don't use DHL or if you have to, get fully insured. If you search this forum you will find a post by someone who works at the company that buys the 'lost packages' from the major couriers, that very same company refuses to use DHL as they claim nearly half the packages they receive from DHL are still fully addressed!

I wanted to send my suitcase to Spain, it has the destination address applied 3 times on 3 different parts but STILL got 'lost'. The barcode left by the driver NEVER tracked in the first place (strange!), I could only track via the P2G website (stranger!) and then the parcel seemed to get to Hatfield and just sit there... for over month. How can you lose a bright blue large suitcase?
  • white_star
    white_star Posts: 5,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I came onto the forums for research as I too was having a problem with not being able to get any response from Parcel2Go claims department for a damaged item.

I am happy to report back that after contacting Parcel2Go via the email addy posted above [EMAIL="g.iveson@parcel2go.com"]g.iveson@parcel2go.com[/EMAIL]
    the respondent 'George' was extremly helpful and emailed me back immediately, even though it was very late at night. In order to expidite the claim, I was offered a credit on my account straight away for the amount claimed.

Good customer service from George, hope the company appreciates him.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure