Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Huggle I don't know if we have one of those near us. Will investigate. Thank you as well :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Don't suppose you have a Farmfoods near you? I have a friend I consider to be an utter snob who swears by the loo roll there which I think is about £3 for 12. I really am a loo roll snob though and stick to my preferred brand, but I bulk buy it a few times a year from a warehouse...
    Hope you feel better soon.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    No I dont think so. I will check though :) it's something we all have to use isn't it so good to get the best deal. Thanks Cat.

• PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Hi Bob. I 2nd the home bargains loo rolls. 18 for 3.75 from memory, decent quality too. Haven't bought from supermarket in about 5 years. Happy new year to you all, your chilli sounds fab. Always try and put a bit if chorizo in ours if we have some knocking around :D
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,192 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy New Year, Bob!

And Happy Loo Year, too! :rotfl: It's been a while since I got to a HB, but I remember Supershoppers did a comparison between their Nicky rolls, Aldi Saxon, Andrex and something else, and Nicky came out top VFM.
    Back in debt again, but for a good cause. £17K to go

April Grocery Challenge: £228.36/200

Decluttering 856/2024 Awards 🥇
    (22/04/24)
  • Bobarella
    edited 3 January 2017 at 3:36PM
    Options
    Hi All

This morning we went out shopping and to the park, but it is so bitterly cold we have since retreated to the lounge. Wins for the day so far.

* 3p roadkill
    * 4 of the kids favourite smoothies for half price (Womble £3)
    * Posted three birthday cards all on 2nd class stamps because we had enough time. Already had cards and stamps in.
    * A nice fresh enquiry in my business inbox for March, just replied to that
    * Did a bit of cleaning this morning
    * Checked banking and moved CB into the joint account
    * Checked kids savings subs had moved across automatically today
    * Planned baking for later - plums to use up so will make a plum sponge cake, and will do cheese scones at the same time.
    * Made a decision as a family, that we won't be renewing our sons dance class subscription this term. We all feel a bit sad as he is very lucky to have a place at one of the top dance colleges in London, which he has had since age 4. But, a) he was split up from his friend last term, through the fact they operate three classes in that age group, and he has enjoyed it less because of that b) we don't have a car and have been spending our whole Saturday morning getting him there and back again which is very prohibitive for us c) We all feel he would be better off doing something local to our house like cubs so he could meet a few more local friends. So it's the end of an era but I think we've really tried and it's time to say goodbye.
    * Tonight's dinner is going to be YS pork mince burgers which will cost around 25p per portion
    * Used my fine drawing pen that I found yesterday to write the birthday cards.
    * OH just put out the christmas tree. It's growing in a pot and has a few brown leaves so hopefully will perk up a bit.
    * An anti Womble but we realised DD had stolen a malteaser bunny bar at the tills so we had to go back into the shop to return it.

Edited to say - just opened the mail. I complained to Morrison's about a pair of baby tights that were ripped when we recieved them as a christmas present. They said they would send us a coupon for the cost. However having just opened the letter they actually sent a £5 coupon! Which is probably 4 times the value.

Right off to sort lunch.

Bob

• Bobarella
    Options
    Hi Bob. I 2nd the home bargains loo rolls. 18 for 3.75 from memory, decent quality too. Haven't bought from supermarket in about 5 years. Happy new year to you all, your chilli sounds fab. Always try and put a bit if chorizo in ours if we have some knocking around :D

Ooo that is a good tip, thanks PF. I don't usually find chorizo lasts long in this house but maybe I will hide some :T I'm loving the topic of conversation being loo roll, don't say we don't cover a range:rotfl:
    wishus wrote: »
    Happy New Year, Bob!

And Happy Loo Year, too! :rotfl: It's been a while since I got to a HB, but I remember Supershoppers did a comparison between their Nicky rolls, Aldi Saxon, Andrex and something else, and Nicky came out top VFM.

Isn't it always so satisfying when the top brand is not the best.:T

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »

* An anti Womble but we realised DD had stolen a malteaser bunny bar at the tills so we had to go back into the shop to return it.

Bob

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My son once 'stole' a large tin of paint from a low shelf in one of the hardware places. He was sitting in his pushchair with it on his lap. I didn't notice till I got to the tills - thankfully he didn't drop it :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My son once 'stole' a large tin of paint from a low shelf in one of the hardware places. He was sitting in his pushchair with it on his lap. I didn't notice till I got to the tills - thankfully he didn't drop it :eek:

Oh wow that's very ingenious of him! I bet they had a good laugh about it?

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »

Edited to say - just opened the mail. I complained to Morrison's about a pair of baby tights that were ripped when we recieved them as a christmas present. They said they would send us a coupon for the cost. However having just opened the letter they actually sent a £5 coupon! Which is probably 4 times the value.

Karma! :j
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income