Feedback on The People's Operator (TPO)

Options
123457»

Comments

06869524 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I was told by TPO well over a month ago that they were increasing my monthly bill by over a 3rd.... I immediately contacted them and requested that my contract be cancelled (30 day rolling contract) at the end of it's current month... They provided me with a PAC code which could not be used with LIFE mobile because TPO had informed LIFE that they were closing up on a certain date etc and therefore it couldn't be used - meaning I lost my original number.... I contacted TPO over this with no joy and again re-iterated that no mater what I wanted my contract to finish at the end of the month and that I would not be using any PAC code provided because I had a new service provider and was just going to stick with their number etc.... (stated this clearly over a dozen emails with TPO)....
    The other day I received a bill from TPO for £20, and when i contacted them they said that because I never used the "PAC CODE" then I will be continually billed for life until it is used.... Informed them that i had repeatedly told them that I wanted my contract to end, did not want the 4G service etc and would not pay for that service, I also told them to check the account activity and they will see that it has had ZERO use.... Despite this cat and mouse they refuse point blank to cancel that 30 day rolling contract.......
    I have cancelled my Direct Debit with them.
    I have no idea if other customer have had the same problem because they are selectively mass deleting messages on FB and have closed their message posts...
    If anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    A PAC negates ant previous notice and expires after 30 days. Either exercise the PAC or give notice to end the contract as soon as it expires.
    06869524 Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 25 August 2016 at 6:16PM
    Options
    Hi, I gave them immediate notice that I wanted to terminate the contract and then several more times ending with yet another Termination notice plus warning that I was not able to use the PAC because of the PAC transferal dates (differs between piggyback providers) - so from the off they had several orders from myself that regardless of the PAC that I wanted termination at the end of the month when they stopped that service that they had previously provided... and yet - they still continue...

Just had an email from them stating that they have now cancelled the account and have finally apologised.... Amazing what happens with the threat of legal action....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure