Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• manse92
    Options
    I am a subscriber to Sky+HD and have been for some time. A few occasions I have threatened to cancel my subscription due to not being able to afford the luxury. Each time I have been offered a discount and accepted. However I have got to the point again where I'm looking at my bill and thinking I bet I can get this service cheaper. So, online I went through the process of threatening to cancel my subscription, when they offered me 10% off my standard package bill for 18 months (in terms and conditions, it says I might have to pay termination charges should I cancel during the 18 months). I'm thinking they can do better. I wanted to know that if I click the cancel my sky button instead of accepting the offer, will there be another offer to sway my decision or a confirmation window in case I want to back out? Also if I do actually cancel (but don't mean to) how long is it before I can sign back up again?

Cheers
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can only cancel penalty free if you are out of contract .
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Definitely, the standard discount in my account to renew for 12 months is 60% off. I don't even need to haggle for that. I've never settled for less than 50%. You've just got to put your cancellation notice in and wait. Just make sure you're not going to get any early termination fees. They can confirm this for you.

If you're a few months away from the end of contract you can give notice to cancel on your contracted end date which then puts you in the pot for the offers. Mine finishes in Sept and as said previously, I've got 60% already to renew.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm currently under cancellation and have been offered 60% off for 12 months as standard in my account. However, this is only on Sky +.

I want to check out Sky Q but the most they'd go on that is 40%. With that and the addition of multiscreen that would end up costing me about £360 a year more than what I'm paying now which isn't worth it to me.

Has anyone managed to get a good deal to renew and upgrade to Sky Q? I.e. more than 40%.

I've seen plenty of deals for new customers offering more than 40% on Sky Q.
  • Drchris123
    Options
    I will add a 60% off offer for 12 months and it will cost you £23.80 a month for the sky Tv package for sky variety Tv package and sports package.

I will also add a 50% off offer for the sky broadband unlimited and line rental on your account.

The total monthly cost for the sky TV, fibre broadband and line rental will be £51.29 a month for 12 months.

Plus £50 credit

Anybody think this is a good deal?
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 June 2017 at 2:34PM
    Options
    A friend of mine is currently on a 60% off for 12 months, which doesn't run out until September. She has received an email saying:

"Enjoy Sky for 12 months with your current offers and no new contract.

We are pleased to let you know that your sky offers have been extended for another 12 months so you can carry on enjoying all the entertainment you love.

You don't have to do a thing we already updated your account and there is no new contract, your package and deal will stay exactly the same"

....so she's going to get 60% off for another 12 months without even contacting them! No haggling, no threatening to cancel etc. She hasn't had any contact with them since she haggled last year.

Of course she could still contact them and try to get some free credit on top......... :D

I wonder why they have done this for her (and 3 months early), but not others though.....chosen at random? She's been with them less years than others I know.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    A friend of mine is currently on a 60% off for 12 months, which doesn't run out until September. She has received an email saying:

"Enjoy Sky for 12 months with your current offers and no new contract.

We are pleased to let you know that your sky offers have been extended for another 12 months so you can carry on enjoying all the entertainment you love.

You don't have to do a thing we already updated your account and there is no new contract, your package and deal will stay exactly the same"

....so she's going to get 60% off for another 12 months without even contacting them! No haggling, no threatening to cancel etc. She hasn't been in any contact with them since she haggled last year.

Of course she could still contact them and try to get some free credit on top......... :D

I wonder why they have done this for her (and 3 months early), but not others though.....chosen at random? She's been with them less years than others I know.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5595968

That said they haven't contacted me yet... :(
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5595968

That said they haven't contacted me yet... :(

Thanks, have added to that thread now :)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,508 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope Sky offer to extend my 60% deal which ends in October.......but I suspect it'll be the usual cancellation dance with customer services/win back teams:rotfl:
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have been Sky customers on and off for around 75% of the last 27 years. Even watching it in Germany in the early 90's when I was in the Forces.

We can live without it.

Took advantage of the offer that was shown on MSE in April 2016 and got the whole package for £30 instead of around £80. When it came up to 11 months we set about getting a similar offer but they would not go below £50 and wanted us to sign up to an 18 month contract. Said no and we gave them our 31 days notice.

Have not been using the Sky box but have kept it connected watching everything through the TV's Freeview.

Today I was sent a letter offing it all at a 60% discount. This made it £32.00

Decided to go ahead and got everything including Sky Sports HD at a 50% discount giving a total of £32.60 per month for 12 months.

Activated and back on within 10 minutes.

My reason for posting is that If you can go without it for say 4 to 6 weeks, you should get an even better deal. We have only been without it for 31 days. Obviously you have no guarantee they will comeback to you and you may have to go back to them.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure