MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Princess_kate
    Options
    Glad everything was ok in your appointment milly. Good they're keeping a good eye on everything even if all the appointments can get a bit annoying!

One of my best friends told me she's pregnant today, early days at only 6 weeks but very exciting g to be going throught it at the same time! She held my hair back a few times while I was throwing up in the car park in work with morning sickness so she already knows how unglamorous it can be! Found out there's another girl I work with pregnant too, this will be 8 babies in the department in a year!! God knows how they'll manage as try don't cover any maternity leave & we're already short staffed! 3 people told me today how good I looked & how pregnancy really suited me, quite surprising really as I'd had a rubbish nights sleep again!

Ice got my GTT in the morning, nothing but water for now until it's finished about 11am tomorrow, dreading it all if I'm honest! Not sure how I'll be after it, other than starving!! But my boss said if I feel rubbish to just go home, but worried about feeling sick due to not eating but it's got to be done. Just hope everything's ok then.
  • Phoenix01
    Options
    Quiet on here today.

Hope your GTT went ok Princess, horrible things they are.

Seem to have gone from completely disorganised to sorted over the weekend. Pram coming tomorrow, crib and Moses baskets sorted and mattresses bought, clothes all sorted into boxes, stash of nappies and wipes all bought and hospital bag things all bought. Primark had some nice maternity nighties. Just need nursing bras now but don't want plain ones so if anyone has seen any pretty ones, I'd appreciate a heads up :)

Hope all ladies and bumps are well xx
    Started Comping Jan 2014

Wins So Far:

Costa Book Awards Top 20 Books & Costa Giftcard :) £50 Officers Club Vouchers :) Sudocrem Toy :) Bundle of Tomy Baby Toys :) Cap :) Skypark Treatbox :)
  • fuzzipeg
    fuzzipeg Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Well fatbaby is still fat - I didn't dare ask how big he'd got in the last week - will save that little surprise for Monday! He's healthy, making good breathing motions, and apparently has a lot of hair... (If he does, I can confirm that hair = heartburn is an old wives' tale as that's about the one thing I've not had! :))

They considered jumping us up the queue for delivery this week, but worked out they already had a few high-risk ladies in already, so we're still all booked and set for next Monday for an induction.

The oven arrived yesterday, joiner finished today, plumbers in tomorrow, decorators on Thurs and Fri, and finally the carpets laid while we're away on Monday and Tuesday next week. My lovely brother is coming in after work to shift and re-build furniture for us while we're at the hospital so that there is a fighting chance we'll come home to a finished house! :D

And the nice diabetes nurse this morning said that I can throw away all insulin and pills after delivery as most women go straight back to normal - I assumed there'd be a period of weaning back off the drugs, so this was very welcome news! She was also much perkier on little dude's prospects of not needing extra support post-birth (though they have space in the unit just in case on standby for him) which made us relax a bit more too.

Officially on the countdown now! 37+3, D-6...:T
    MFW 01/01/17 - £123,279.40
    01/09/18 - £97,083.29
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Phoenix -I got the nighties from Primark too, I got a black & a grey one intending the black one to be what I delivered in but I don't really know what you're meant to wear when you give birth?! I've got some nice nursing bras from asda, pretty, lacy ones not boring plain ones, only vista£8 each! You sound like you've got very organised quickly! Well done & fingers crossed the house is sorted by the time you're home.

I had my GTT today, wasn't actually as bad as I thought but Ive got a bit of a sore throat so I think that might have been why I wasn't starving to death! She struggled to get blood from me, the 2nd lot she ended up taking from the back of my hand! That hurt!
  • x_missymoo_x
    Options
    Eeek fuzzipeg, how exciting but also nerve wracking to be given a date for induction! I'm glad he is doing well and also glad that your house will be near on complete for his arrival! Exciting times, looking forward to hearing a birth announcement after the weekend :)

Phoenix and Princess - do your Primarni's both have maternity departments/sections or do they happen to have maternity stuff amongst the normal clothes? I've never seen or noticed maternity wear in my local stores but I have heard good things so am keen to find out where I need to go or look!

As for what to wear during birth, I had this conversation with a friend of mine at the weekend who is due at the start of March. She was telling me about her antenatal class where they were explaining the benefits of skin to skin contact as soon as possible, but the woman in the video clip was completely starkers! We were both laughing wondering if this is normal protocol or if the midwife would be shocked if we stripped down to our birthday suit :p Not that I intend to do that at all :rotfl: We thought those mid-thigh/knee length shirts which button down the front would be ideal? That way they cover your modesty (not that we'll have any at that stage, but at least will make us feel like we still have some remaining :p) but they will also allow easy access for skin to skin. I have an exact idea in mind of what it is I'll be looking for but whether I find one is another matter!

milly - really pleased your test went well and that baby is measuring as it should. Also glad they are keeping an eye on you, and I'm very jealous of your extra chances to see baby :)

gayleygoo - good to hear from you. Have you found out any more about your bleeding?
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Missy, my Primark has a maternity section, it's not very big tho, when I went in it had 3 types of nightie, 3 vest/nursing tops, some jeans and about 3 other tops. Very limited but I was happy as I went in looking for nightwear.

What you've described wearing is basically what I got from Primark. Mid length nightdress, button top so easy to undo for feeding and for skin to skin, think they just pass the baby up under your top to you? It's also got a pleat in the front so it can fit over a very big bump.
    If you have no luck I could pick you one up & post it to you if you wanted. They were only £6 each.
  • Phoenix01
    Options
    I went to the Meadowhall Primark and that had a small maternity bit with jeans, leggings and vests, then the nighties and bras were mixed in with the "normal" bras and nightwear.

I wore something similar to the maternity one when I had my son as i didn't have time to change in hospital so figure I'll be ok in one again. I wouldn't wear anything I liked as it got covered in amniotic fluid and blood etc when baby was placed on me so I think it went straight in the bin!

Xx
    Started Comping Jan 2014

Wins So Far:

Costa Book Awards Top 20 Books & Costa Giftcard :) £50 Officers Club Vouchers :) Sudocrem Toy :) Bundle of Tomy Baby Toys :) Cap :) Skypark Treatbox :)
  • Mrs_T_M
    Mrs_T_M Posts: 2,039 Forumite
    Options
    but I don't really know what you're meant to wear when you give birth?!

Anything you feel like wearing - or not wearing! I know I'll probably end up naked. At our antenatal classes, everyone seemed a bit relieved when the midwife leading it said: we don't mind women being naked, we've seen all that before, but guys, please at least keep your underwear on if you decide to join your wife in the birthing pool. We don't want to walk in and see that! :rotfl:
    Baby Dale
    26th January 2014 - Forever in our hearts
    :A
    Eli Gabriel 19th February 2015
    :j
  • Bubblepops
    Options
    Milly that's great news about baby's size, etc, I'll bet you're relieved. Try not to worry too much about t he fluid-like you say, they're keeping a close eye on you (as tedious as all the appointments can get!)

fuzzipeg :rotfl: at 'fatbaby' sounds like some comic strip superhero!! Glad to hear the house sounds to be coming on great guns-that's fab news. And scary/exciting about the induction date!!

Suddenly dawning on me that I will have a baby before I leave this thread :eek:

Glad the GTT was ok princesskate. Hope your sore throat feels a bit better.

And score on the nursing bras -thats a really good price. I have humongous boobs, and have already outgrown mothercares section, so am gonna have to find somewhere to order them from. Urgh. That will be at least £30 each then

missy All the ante natal videos we've been shown seem to be of very 'mother nature' type women (i.e. If I was going to be 'on display' on DVD to 1000's, I'd do a spot of gardening, but maybe that's just me...), so maybe they're just the type that aren't bothered about doffing off?
    My primani doesn't have a maternity bit, but some of the [STRIKE]most hideous[/STRIKE] most suitable nighties were in bigger sizes, so I bought the cheapest of those for giving birth (going to bin it straight afterwards anyway), and a marginally [STRIKE]less vile[/STRIKE] nicer button down nightshirt thingy for after I've cleaned up etc. not expensive, probs about £4-£6 each?

:rotfl: mrs T M. They said that to us too-it must be a common occurrence!!! My OH was terrified at the prospect- 'no one's seeing my bits!!!'... I failed to find much sympathy...
    I hope you are well?

auntie pickle hugs to you, hope you're ok. Xxx

AFM-not too good, so trying to get lots of rest/hiding in bed, and spots of DIY. Ordered the bedroom carpet yesterday, so I finally feel like the end is near, for one room at least. Spoke to OH, and we have put medication plans in place for after the birth. Probably means I can't BF, but I'm trying not to dwell on that right now.

We are due snow again this week, so I may get time to play, and work on her changing bag and quilts.

Hugs to all xxx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Tilly_dreams
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

Sorry I’ve been AWOL again, I’ve been a bit all over the place with having builders in. They are very nearly finished now, they just need to finish the skirtings and door frames, but hopefully they will be done today

How is everyone feeling? I’m struggling with a painful hip. I guess it’s just natural stretching but ouchy!!! I keeping going through a routine where I bend or twist wrong and twinge it so I spend the rest of the day wincing every time I move, it gets better over the next couple of days then I twinge it again. Ouch. Does anyone else have hip pain?

I’ll ask my midwife about it when I see her tomorrow but I guess that there’s nothing she can do or suggest. I also have my whooping cough vaccine this afternoon, consultant scan on Friday and private scan on Saturday. That will be our third attempt at getting a DVD of our little madam, but she’s been breech and hiding her face on the last two attempts so I’m not expecting anything different this week!

Nicky Noo Na – Yay for finishing work, but boo for the chesty cough! How did you get on at the hen weekend?

Missy Moo – I think I commented on your post on FB but glad your 3D/4D scan went well! You got some really good pics compared to mine – jealous! Glad you managed to stay team yellow despite the sonographer. Oh and good luck if baby grows to those estimated weights! Eek!

Glad to read that your iron count is fine. I think I read on the Spatone box that you need twice as much iron when you’re pregnant so you must have a very healthy diet :)

Princess Kate – Thanks for the reminder about the Aldi baby event. I could do with more cellular blankets so I might try and pop in. Does anyone has any cellular blankets from there? Do you rate them? I bought a couple from Asda but I didn’t like them as much as the one I got from Kiddicare, the holes weren’t as big and they weren’t as soft!

Glad to hear the sliding sheet is helping you. I’ve struggled to get comfortable with my bad hip but once I do I’m ok if that makes sense.

Yay for getting your nursery decorated after all the wall paper drama! We will all have to share nursery pics once we’re done. Mine is still doubling up as our washing room until the new utility is finished which is frustrating as I have all the furniture etc but it’s a bit disorganised! My poor DH has a busy couple of weekends painting the new utility room ahead!

Yay for ordering your pram too! I had to Google the Oyster colour packs – the damson is the purple-y coloured one right? I think you could get away with that for a boy or a girl! My iCandy is red which I think is suitable for a boy or girl too!

Sulphate – Not long left for you now! Have you finished work now? I had a health visitor come round on Monday and it sounds like it was a very similar appointment to yours in terms of what we talked about. I was a bit emotional (for personal reasons I’ve mentioned before) which I hope didn’t reflect badly on me, but she seemed very nice.

I have the same plan as you re planning to use a moses basket downstairs, crib in our bedroom and then cot bed in her own room when ready. I don’t understand the handles on our moses basket – they fold inwards into baby’s sleeping area which doesn’t look good or comfortable. I was thinking about using something to tie them underneath. Does anyone else have this?

Downhillfast – Hello, next to see you on this thread! I’m guessing from your first post that you don’t know if bump is a boy or a girl?

Bubblepops – Hello! Glad to hear you’re feeling more positive but remember not to do too much! Oh and happy birthday for Sunday! Hope your scan and consultant appointment went well?

Always Alone – Hope all’s ok with your and baby boy? Have you started getting organised now? I guess you must have things from your DS1 that you can use for your new little one?

Timeflies – Huge congratulations! What a good weight! She must be three and a half weeks old now so I hope the time in hospital is a distant memory and you’re settled in at home :)

Aunty Pickle – Sorry to read you were struggling last week but hope you’re feeling a bit better this week? I know exactly what you mean about having to talk about things being difficult because it means you have to acknowledge things that it can be easier to keep inside. Big hugs. Glad to hear your mum is on the mend.

Trixsie – Good luck with your GTT test results! I’m sure even if you do have it you’d be able to have a little bit of your wedding cake! I guess worst case scenario you could freezer some and have it after baby’s arrived! Sounds like you got a bargain with your pushchair too :)

Lottie1982 – Ooo exciting! I hope you’re having cuddles with your baby by now! Don’t forget to log on and update us when you can!

Mrs TM – You sound very organised! I’m not planning a home birth but thanks for sharing your lists, it’s a useful reminder of some bits I hadn’t thought about. Your due date is getting really close now, eek! Hugs for Dale’s anniversary, but happy birthday for tomorrow too! That’s an emotional rollercoaster of a week for you but hope you get through it feeling positive x

Gayleygoo – Sorry to hear about the bleeding. I had a couple of occasions of bleeding a month or so ago but they couldn’t find a reason for it and all seems to be well so fingers crossed it’s the same for you.

Milly – Glad to hear all is well despite the extra fluid. At least they’re keeping an eye on you and get to see baby regularly!

Phoenix – Good work on your super organised weekend! You must feel better for having sorted all that :)

Fuzzipeg – Ooo how exciting to have your induction date set! Hopefully your house will all get finished in time too. I’ll look forward to your update next week with baby boy’s name and weight!!

Re what to wear giving birth – I have two or three plain black night dresses that are above knee length for easy enough access to ‘the action’ but modest enough too, and then strappy at the top so good for skin to skin/BF afterwards. I packed them in my hospital bag weeks ago so I might have to have a peep to remind myself what I have! I think one was dead cheap second hand off ebay but the others were from Next and/or M&S so I should try and keep those nicer!

I guess that's it for now! I need to have some lunch and get off to the doctors soon. Take care all x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure