IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security Services

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,205 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 September 2016 at 1:09PM
    Options
    Not really, when you read each point and think about it. None of the examples are in legalese and most points are in very plain English. Have a look at the ones Xanthanan and aiantyla are working on right now, what's difficult to spot as being transferable to your defence, in those examples?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bigsej
    bigsej Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Ok time is running out now. I need your assistance. Please excuse my stupidity...

So now I need to find a defence sample on here, copy it and submit it online within the 28 day time period right?
  • catfunt
    catfunt Posts: 624 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, find a defence, adapt it to your circumstances and post on here for critique.

Sorry to be blunt, but judging from the date of your first mention of court papers, your deadline for the first one must be very close.

You need to get your !!!!!! together very quickly indeed if you are not to sleepwalk into a default judgment.

When are the first papers dated??
  • bigsej
    Options
    I will check the date tonight Hut if memory serves me right I have until the 5th of October for the first one.

As for the defence, is there one particular one that can be used as a starting point? Can someone direct me to one I can use to adapt? Please help!!!
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    There's one on page 1 right now ... How to prepare for UKPC court case?
  • bigsej
    Options
    Is this ok? Obviously I will amend details and put mine in...

1) It is admitted that the defendant is the registered keeper of the vehicle, though the claimant cannot provide evidence that the defendant was the actual driver on the dates in question.

2) The claimant has refused to respond to the part 18 Request as emailed by the defendant to SCS Law.

3) It is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. The proper Claimant is the landowner, Brunel University. UKPC cannot overrule the elements of the lease or introduce them subsequently. Strict proof is required that there is a chain of contracts leading from Brunel University to UKPC.

4) UK Parking Control LTD are not the lawful occupier of the land.
    (i) a contract is absent with the lawful occupier of the land being produced by the claimant, or a chain of contracts showing authorisation stemming from the lawful occupier of the land, I have the reasonable belief that they do not have the authority to issue charges on this land in their own name and that they have no locus standi to bring this case

5) The provision is a penalty and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.
    (i) as the Claimant is not the landowner and suffers no loss whatsoever as a result of a vehicle parking on the site in question;
    (ii) the amount claimed is a charge and evidently disproportionate to any loss suffered by the Claimant and is therefore unconscionable;
    (iii) the penalty bears no relation to the circumstances because it remains the same no matter whether a motorist overstays by ten seconds or ten years; and
    (iiii) the clause is specifically expressed to be a parking charge on the Claimant's signs.

6) If the driver happened to see the signage (if any were present) on each occasion, signs are located at a distance in pale, unlit and placed so high creating an illegible condition to read the terms and conditions required to enter a contract. The docrine of contra proferentem applies and the interpretation that most favours a consumer must prevail; that being that the driver(s) did not see or accept the sum the claimant says they did.

7) The Protection of Freedom Act 2012 Schedule 4 has not being complied with. The registered keeper is unaware of 3 PCNs and was not the driver, as such the keeper can only be held liable if the Claimant has fully complied with the strict requirements including 'adequate notice' of £100 charge and prescribed Notice to Keeper letters in time/with mandatory wording.

8) The POFA restricts liability to the sum of the parking charge itself and the BPA Code of Practice has a ceiling of £100 which at the time, made it a condition that any charge issued must be based upon a GPEOL, the amounts claimed are excessive and unconscionable. It is not believed that the Claimant has incurred additional costs - be it legal or debt collector costs - and they are put to strict proof that they have actually incurred and can lawfully add an extra £60 to each PCN and that those sums formed part of the contract in the first instance.

9) The claimant’s charges are unlawful addressing the imbalance of power leaving the driver/s at a disadvantage thus the defendant denies entering a contract. If a breach of contract is identified by the court then the implications are marginal, as the driver followed majority of instruction.

10) It is believed that this Claimant has not adhered to the BPA Code of Practice and is put to strict proof of full compliance. This Claimant has been exposed in the national press - and was recently investigated by the BPA - for falsifying photo evidence, which was admitted by the Claimant. It is submitted that this is not a parking company which complies with the strict rules of their Trade Body, which were held as a vital regulatory feature in ParkingEye v Beavis.

11) This case can be easily distinguished from ParkingEye v Beavis which the Judges held was 'entirely different' from most ordinary economic contract disputes and UKPC have not shown any valid 'legitimate interest' allowing them the unusual right to pursue anything more than a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

12) The vehicle had a permit which was acknowledged and supplied by the land owner, Brunel university. The permit had been inadvertently left elsewhere due to switching cars. The permit confirms that the vehicle was entitled to a parking space, if the driver/s on each occasion were considered to be trespassers then only the landowner can pursue a case under the tort of trespass, not this Claimant. As the Supreme Court in the Beavis case confirmed, such a matter would be limited to the landowner themselves claiming for a nominal sum.

13) The claimant has received wide spread notoriety for falsifying documentation, UKPC should be put at strict proof that all evidence provided have not been tampered.

14) The legal costs are not justified additionally it would have been factored within the additional £60 charge thus claiming again would be considered double charging creating financial gain.

The defendant denies the claim in its entirety voiding any liability to the claimant for all amounts claimed due to the aforementioned reasons.

Statement of Truth:
    I confirm that the contents of this statement are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 3 October 2016 at 8:53PM
    Options
    You must of course change EVERY 'UKPC' to 'Ace Security' and remove ALL stuff totally irrelevant to your case such as :
    13) The claimant has received wide spread notoriety for falsifying documentation, UKPC should be put at strict proof that all evidence provided have not been tampered.

You simply need to adapt it to suit your case. That's your job, should not take long and if you can't manage this stage I fear for your outcome at a hearing...you must be familiar with your defence and understand it. Having said that, as long as you do adapt it and IF the points are relevant to your case (your job to check) then that defence is OK.

I did tell you ages ago on 24th Sept, about two others you could have copied...I named the posters! You could have found them in seconds.
  • bigsej
    Options
    I did try looking for them @couponmad I promise! I found all sorts of stuff which I found overwhelming! I will adapt it tonight hopefully and post for you lovely people to see. By then I 'should' be familiar with my defence... I hope!
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 October 2016 at 9:10PM
    Options
    You could have searched 'member names' for the two names I said.

Try it now, easy. Better If you can use the forum like we can - we can find things in 20 seconds. Newbies are best learning how to search.
  • bigsej
    Options
    ok, i have found the one by xanthanan, it seems that his case has a hirer involved which is not the case with me. couple of questions:

1. Do I disclose whether i received the penalty charge notice in the post or not?

2. Do I defend both court notices in one defence?

3. How do i submit the defence?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family