IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ace Security Services

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 October 2016 at 9:28PM
    Options
    Hang on, we are having a look and I think your defence needs to be more specific to the alleged contravention and the fact that Road Fund Licence is the remit of the DVLA and is not something covered by the POFA 2012.

I'm also toying with a defence point that the PPC has misused your data ('processed' your VRN online) without justification, purely to penalise you for their profit, by - it seems - checking Road fund Licence online records when this would be against the DPA Principles. Also they've processed your data (VRN) more than once - and if they haven't, then they've assumed the car has no Road Fund Licence each subsequent time they ticketed it - evidence will be missing!

Remind me, do you have more than one claim form?

Or one claim for with several PCNs added together, or just one at court stage so far?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bigsej
    bigsej Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    At the moment I have 1 claim form with 2 charges (£150 each) and another which is due in a few days for 1 charge (a further £150). Both forms obviously have charges too like court fees and legal cost etc.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 October 2016 at 10:14PM
    Options
    So they have issued 2 claims?

Your defence should reference them both and have a point calling on the courts to strike the second one out, due to abuse of the court process which causes you distress in rushing to put together a defence twice, for matters that clearly should be heard as one case and not waste the court's and your time as an unrepresented, harassed consumer.

And I think your defences need this as well, as pappa golf rightly said:
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    but the companies they are using (ace in this case) are accessing the DVLA database for data in a non parking context

and
    - they have used their IAS status to gather your details for a non parking offence

whilst your at it

- they are adding £3 for a card surcharge , therefore exceeding £100

as hoohoo said:
    misuse of personal data is a tort,

and Umkomaas;
    It may well ask members of the public to report the fact to them, but not to take advantage of the open access to the https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax website and then use the information from it as 'reasonable cause' to further interrogate the KADOE database and subsequently issue penalties.

So bear with me, I'll re-write it so you can submit the same defence for both which references both claims (you will have to add the claim numbers in yourself). I'm looking at it right now but these things take an hour and a cup of tea!
  • bigsej
    Options
    Wow. You good sir, need a knighthood! Thank you so muche!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I'm a lady!
  • bigsej
    Options
    Pardon me me lady!!!!
  • bigsej
    Options
    Just to clarify YES they have issued 2 separate claims dated 5 days apart. 1 claim for 2 PCNs and the other for 1.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    bigsej wrote: »
    They did use the dvla site to find out and they even included a screenshot of it as proof!

Did they produce a different-dated screenshot for each PCN? Or just once?

What do the Particulars of claim say? EXACTLY - CAN YOU SHOW US A CLOSE UP?

Don't show us the whole claim form(s) nor the password/claim numbers/your name/address!
  • bigsej
    Options
    I think I only checked for one PCN possibly the first one.

Particulars of the claim.will be on the court claim form right? I can show you this shortly. Just popped out to grab some nappies for the little one!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes the blurb 'PARTICULARS OF CLAIM' bottom left of the claim form (or Gladstones may have written more in an extra letter since?).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure