Spent 4 years pretending it's all OK

Options

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    In the field or not - NEVER go to GP with your own diagnosis. You may well be right but he/she is there to FIND OUT not rely on patient knowledge - g00gled or instinctive. There are so many things that are co-morbid,mask/mimic symptoms etc let the NHS ( or otherwise) do the work. If you are not happy you can always go back or ask for a second opinion based on google/instints/g00gle etc.

;):D;)

Oops:p Sorry Igamogam:o;)
    G00gle is dangerous and scares me silly, let alone someone who believes every word they read:rotfl:I'm very selective about my info sources:D- I don't generally tell them what I think straight off;) like to check if they are listening and have paid attention first:D . My GP is great - we usually have a good discussion. I ask lots of questions (too many for my DH's liking -he sees it as a form of criticism rather than just me wanting to understand:mad: -makes working with him - self employment-very difficult) - its just in my nature and training. Co-morbidity is very common as you say and complicates everything, on a macro and micro scale!

I do go back for second opinions:), fairly frequently and not just for me :) - could write a book!

Had blood test done today - so wheels are in motion:)

Glad it was a short school week - and am glad it the weekend
    Have a lovely one:)
    xx
    NOA
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    A domestic weekend planned at home.
    Usual chores plus grass has grown loads and everything has gone Wild with the warm weather. So a couple of hours in the garden tomorrow with DS, then I have booked tickets for a talk by one of DS favourite authors at 2.30pm - he'll take the book in case he gets an opportunity for autograph (though I suspect it will be only for books you buy there;)) . DD is gutted she can't come home for it - but has coursework deadlines looming. Then more chores in the pm. If all gets done and I feel up to it may drive over to see parents on Sunday.

Happy weekend everyone :)
    NOAh

xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hiya

Well done on making the appt with the doc..great to see you posting and see how far you have come :D

have a glorious weekend

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Wateryfowls
    Options
    Have you ever come across CAP christians against poverty they really helped me when my husband left me in awful debt. I just gave them all the information etc they interceded. Don't know if it helps. ps they aren't bible bashers just an organisation that want to help
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oops:p Sorry Igamogam:o;)

I do go back for second opinions:), fairly frequently and not just for me :) - could write a book!

Had blood test done today - so wheels are in motion:)

I will stop wagging my finger:rotfl: its a well known fact that if you g00gle any ailment the outcome is always the same - 6 months to live unless its an American site and then you are lucky if you have 6 weeks:rotfl:

Hope you enjoyed the garden..........I have been out all day and there is still so much to do.....will cut lawns tomorrow I think then I must really concentrate on something else:o
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning NOA.

I am a terrible Googler of symptoms so I know how you feel. Best not to worry until you have something to worry about :)

Hope you have a had a lovely weekend gardening and household chores :D, exactly the same as my weekend except mine also has a miserable moany 8 year old in the mix too :mad::o

xxx
  • liltdiddylilt
    liltdiddylilt Posts: 4,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning poppet.

Sorry I haven't popped in. It has been manic recently. happy to hear your part time job has made you so much! That is more by itself than Him has ever earned in a year of his actual 'job' :eek:

And glad to hear DS has responded to his chat. I haven't had to have a conversation yet with Jelly obviously as she is three, but I remember my mum explaining to me and my sister that money was not infinite and was what Daddy went to work all week for, and that it paid for everything around us, the food, the house, the lights we turned on, the batteries we bought for toys that we left to run down when we walked away. I think it was around the same time as we started getting pocket money. It was explained that this was what we had for the whole week. Nothing more. So if we chose to spend it on the first day and eat all of our sweets right there, we would have nothing more all week. It did impact on me, although I still bought all 50p's worth of sweets and ate them the first day ;) I just did it knowingly! :D

I'm up for a barbecue. Love them and am being taunted by dozens of BBQ's on the beach drifting up through my windows this week! xx
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Hiya

Well done on making the appt with the doc..great to see you posting and see how far you have come :D

have a glorious weekend

x

So Good to see you back Mrs B and thank you for popping by. :)Glad to see from your page that all is going well :)
    xx
    NOA
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Have you ever come across CAP christians against poverty they really helped me when my husband left me in awful debt. I just gave them all the information etc they interceded. Don't know if it helps. ps they aren't bible bashers just an organisation that want to help

Hello Wateryfowls, Thank you so much for popping by and posting. Someone has mentioned CAP when I first joined these pages. They sound great. However, because I had already by that time been in contact with StepChange and completed an I&E with them, so I chose to stay with them rather than change and go through it all over again. At the moment am handling things myself (it's getting easier - with much support from this forum:)) but SC would have been happy to act on my behalf.

I see that you have just joined recently and going through a separation/dealing with finances - Good Luck on you journey too.
    NOA
    xx
  • NoOneAround
    Options
    Igamogam wrote: »
    I will stop wagging my finger:rotfl: its a well known fact that if you g00gle any ailment the outcome is always the same - 6 months to live unless its an American site and then you are lucky if you have 6 weeks:rotfl:

Hope you enjoyed the garden..........I have been out all day and there is still so much to do.....will cut lawns tomorrow I think then I must really concentrate on something else:o

Don't stop wagging your finger - I know I need it sometimes! I wag mine at everyone around me all the time because I always know best ;) :rotfl:

Hope you ticked the lawn off the list today - we did - DS (after having finger wagged at him:o) helped me and earned his £10 - and it got him active and away from his screens. The trouble with gardening is it never ends, I wish the boring routine tasks could be eliminated so that I could concentrate on the real business of gardening ...as per your quote in your signature!:D

NOA
    xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure