IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

G24 Contractual parking charge notice

Options

Comments

• SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure that we can ignore these notices? I rceived one on Feb 26th for £70 for parking in a shopping centre car park at 5;15pm and leaving 162 minutes later which exceeded the free parking for 120 minutes?

Good grief - I'm now getting annoyed !!!!! :mad:

Which part of the English word - IGNORE - do you not understand ?

Note my username - I've ignored G24 twice so far and it's never gone beyond the third letter. G24 are liars - they provided false address information to Nominet ( the people that control the internet domain names such as g24.co.uk ). This broke their contract with Nominet. When I pointed it out to Nominet G24 provided yet ANOTHER false address. When challenged again G24 finally provided the correct registered address.

I have reported them to HMRC for not paying VAT on the so called "fines" they have managed to collect. This is totally illegal.

Finally - one of my invoices was issued DESPITE me providing my registration to the service provider I was using at the time. Yet G24 STILL sent me an invoice COMPLETELY against both the local planning permission and against the contract they had with the landowner.

Now tell me - do these sound like honest, hard working people you should send your money to ? Or are they a bunch of lying, cheating, illegal, no good scum ?

I WILL REITERATE MY CHALLENGE TO G24 TO CONTACT ME - THIS TIME YOU CAN HAVE MY MOBILE NUMBER - 07971 169553 - NOW RING ME YOU COWARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    I'm starting to think you don't like G24?

No, Herbertford, I know it seems too good to be true, but sooner than pay either £50 or £70 to those dishonest scammers (it will have grown to maybe £150 before they throw in the towel and sod off) all you have to do is ignore them, and keep your hard-earned in your pocket.

This is just a sophisticated confidence trick. They ultimately will do nothing if you ignore/don't pay.
    They will tell you otherwise but it is all lies. Trust me, I also have put up the middle finger to these crooks with great success.
  • SodG24
    Options
    I'm starting to think you don't like G24?

I've no idea what gives that impression !
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • OliviaTwist_2
    Options
    (I am new, so please be gentle!) My other half got one of these CPCN's from G24 for spending too long in Homebase. I was just about to spend HOURS writing a dispute letter to them, but after finding this excellent forum and reading all the posts, I have decided to "recycle" their letter and any future letters with confidence. Thanks to all of you for your invaluable knowledge and advice!
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    Goody goody there's another convert! Now don't forget to tell all your friends- NEVER take any notice of a private parking ticket!!
  • SodG24
    Options
    (I am new, so please be gentle!) My other half got one of these CPCN's from G24 for spending too long in Homebase. I was just about to spend HOURS writing a dispute letter to them, but after finding this excellent forum and reading all the posts, I have decided to "recycle" their letter and any future letters with confidence. Thanks to all of you for your invaluable knowledge and advice!

Good call :T:T:T:T:T

Now write to my mate Terry Duddy of Home Retail Group and complain about them using scammers. His email address is terry.duddy@homeretailgroup.co.uk ( they own Homebase ).
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Say that thanks to their contractor invoicing you for making plans to spend several thousand pounds on a new kitchen in your store, you shall no-longer be shopping there and instead spending your money at B&Q.
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Options
    SodG24 wrote: »
    Note my username - I've ignored G24 twice so far and it's never gone beyond the third letter. G24 are liars - they provided false address information to Nominet ( the people that control the internet domain names such as g24.co.uk ). This broke their contract with Nominet. When I pointed it out to Nominet G24 provided yet ANOTHER false address. When challenged again G24 finally provided the correct registered address.

I have reported them to HMRC for not paying VAT on the so called "fines" they have managed to collect. This is totally illegal.

Finally - one of my invoices was issued DESPITE me providing my registration to the service provider I was using at the time. Yet G24 STILL sent me an invoice COMPLETELY against both the local planning permission and against the contract they had with the landowner.

Now tell me - do these sound like honest, hard working people you should send your money to ? Or are they a bunch of lying, cheating, illegal, no good scum ?

I WILL REITERATE MY CHALLENGE TO G24 TO CONTACT ME - THIS TIME YOU CAN HAVE MY MOBILE NUMBER - 07971 169553 - NOW RING ME YOU COWARDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am surprised that they stopped sending you letters after number 3.

These clowns "Fine" me about once a month, when they change agency worker who has not met me yet :D

I've received 5-6 letters for each.

I always let them know that they are lining the bottom of my pets cage, then I don't seem to get another fake ticket until the agency worker changes, could they be on commission maybe?

This is the G24 car park at Peterlee, co Durham.
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • cjth33
    cjth33 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I too got a "Contractual Parking Charge Notice" from G24 after "exceeding the maximum duration of stay permitted" at Wickes in Tottenham. We were in the shop for a couple of hours. We spent quite a lot too - so Wickes did pretty well out of us.

Well I definitely won't be shopping there again. This is a disgraceful scam, in which Wickes are complicit. At first, the poor quality of English made me think it was a complete con. I was astonished to find that Wickes actually contract with these cowboys.

The letter claims that "by entering and parking... agreed to be bound by the terms... [which] were clearly displayed". Well, I did not, and they were not. I drove past again today, and the signs are not at all prominent. An ordinary person would not spot them unless they were looking out for them. I know that, because my wife and I didn't spot them on our first visit.

I realise from numerous posts on here that this demand is unenforceable. Even if these contemptible people had a right to make demands, I would contest it on the grounds that I did not willingly or knowingly enter into any agreement. I will certainly not be paying a penny.

Lots of members are advising people to ignore these letters. However, I do not want these people to be able to continue with this scam, so that other more patient/forgiving/credulous people than me continue to be ripped off. I am therefore considering complaining to:

- Wickes - who are allowing this despicable behaviour to take place
    - DVLA - who gave these terrible people my personal contact details for their deceitful and unenforceable practices
    - ICO - who regulate DVLA in their use of personal data
    - British Parking Association - of which G24 are a member. BPA says "If a large number of complaints are received against a BPA member this can result in a review of the members’ membership status". I'd urge others to complain as well (I'm not allowed to post a link as a new member, but just google "BPA complaints private land")
    - Trading Standards.

Any thoughts? Tips?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Forget the BPA. It's a cosy old-boy's club for the parking "industry" that even allows convicted criminals to be members.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure