Whooaaaaaa! We're half way there Whooooaa! Livin' on a prayer

Options

Comments

• October_Starter
    Options
    You're making me hungry! My lunch is in my car but can't have it until 2pm. Mmmm food lol.

Sounds like you have a good plan. I hate January as it seems like such a lonnnnng month between pay. I got paid 23/12 and won't be paid again until 28/01. Arghh.. lol

October xx
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    4 pounds off my cards today Grand total 5940.00 would have been more but got tempted by the nasty sale monster and ordered 2 dresses for work at a tenner each, seemed silly not to. Plain ones, New Years resolution to stop buying patterned ones, seem to have a fair few.

Abs shattered, whether it is just first week back in work and demanding grandson each night after work. Just want my bed.

Off this afternoon and its dry, hoping for nice long dog walk, quick lidl shop before collecting my wee monster from school.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • October_Starter
    Options
    Well done on the payment Calling! The dresses sound lovely. I need to go through my wardrobe and decide on some clothes to sell. Been watching Utube videos on small houses and thinking how ridiculous it is that I have so many clothes and shoes that I just don't wear. Need to get on with that before the free listings end.

Have a good one Calling xx

October xx
  • Calling14
    Options
    One of the dresses going back - red!!! looks more pink to me. Navy one is ace for work. Hopefully sold a high chair I have in garage so thats an extra #10.00 dropping it off after work.
    Hassled Talk Talk for my Aol broadband refund today, love the chat thing able to do in work, so will have a cheque for 14.71 in my paws next 10 days.
    Also had another go at Sky sold me oue package and set me up on another. Going to ring me later as need some details off my sky box at home. Poor girl expect some grief off me later, think I may try for one off payment for the hrs wasted trying to sort it out. Don't ask don't get?

Can't get into trying to save an Emergency Fund, with credit card debts hanging around my neck. Want to clear them first. will try to save 200 pounds as need that for dentist treatment shortly.

October Starter tried clearing out my wardobe out yesterday and everything went back in. Will use old clothes up for decorating.

My task this year is to empty my garage, how in 5 years has it become full? Aim to have a nicely painted walls and floor and everything hung up and space. Is it just retired people whose garages are like this?

Fed up in work, ceiling pouring in water near my desk and one wall water pouring down it. Think I will get pneumonia at this rate. New roof needed just waiting on quotes. Will have to tantrum as this is the worst it has ever been.

Well Monday moan over with. Feel so much better for that. No debt progress to report today.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Options
    Tuesday and it a much better mood. #30.00 off debts today grand total 5910.00 now.

Got on the right package with Sky now, got it half price for 12 months 16.50 so happy with that.

Got my high chair sold, tenner will use towards my dentist cost Friday save my breaking into my bank account.

Still have a lot of food in my freezer, some a bit junky but will try to run it down before a major shop. Will use my M & S vouchers for some meat on Friday.
  • October_Starter
    Options
    I don't have a garage but if I did it would probably be full of stuff. My OH and I probably dont make the best of couples LOL. I am a hoarder, inherited from my DM and he is a collector inherited from his DF. So between us we have tonnes of things.

Mine though can be got rid of. I have an entire wardrobe of clothes I am just not wearing. Time to get sorted and make some money from them. The worst thing is I have just as much, if not more, in my house with my DM LOL. Definitely time for a sort out. LOL

Good Luck with your garage clean out and congrats on the extra money and savings! Keep it up :)

October xx
  • Calling14
    Options
    Thanks October. Both of you hoarders yikes I just find that clutter builds up in mine. Perhaps a lock on my porch may help, friend clears out all her old clothes, extra xmas trees to me and neighbours put their old kids toys, yes left in my porch lol.

Not having best of days today, emptied food waste this morning, somehow straight onto the floor, and was already running late. Had to clear it up as the dog was eating it.

Miscalculated two bills this month so am going to struggle next few weeks. Thought that I would be finished paying my council tax as don't normally pay Feb/March but due to setting up new dd, came out late so have to pay Feb one 92.00 not budgeted for ;-( Then managed to leave out Utility bill on my bank spreadsheet another 74.00. well did actually put it in at 74p big oops!!!!!!!!!

Paid off 6.74 off cards this morning before I discovered this. Will have to be extra good this month.

Bit down in dumps today exactly 1 year since my sister passed away will have a drink to her later. Child free tonight so dog should get an extra long walk and hopefully I won't eat as many biccies.
  • October_Starter
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Perhaps a hot bath after your long walk too. I always feel they are a luxury (especially now I dont have access to one!). If no bath, try a hot shower and a bit of a pamper session. You'd be amazed how much better you feel.

You are doing really well and even though it is a little tougher at times, you can get through it :)

October xx
  • Calling14
    Options
    Great minds think alike October did that last night as was bit weepy. Fine today it was just weird how the anniversary of her death just set me off.

Couldn't manage without a bath, spend hrs in there. Poor you.

Been to new dentist today, seems nice, bit pain travelling there but saves me money.

Spent money today, needed fresh food, sainsbobs it was, had a voucher for £8 off I spent £40 and seeing it has been snowing here today, stocked up.

Diet not happening its so cold, trying to warm up after dog walk brrr.

Quiet weekend looking likely. Have a good one
  • October_Starter
    Options
    I loved my baths too but when I moved, the flat I moved into only had a shower and my house has a walk in shower which is easier for my DM. Even my DA doesnt have one!! If I stay in a hotel with one, I ALWAYS jump in LOL.

I am glad you are feeling better today. I am hoping for a quiet weekend. I am trying to have a no spend weekend as things have gotten a little tighter than I'd like too. :-/

Have a great one!

October xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family