Options

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Monz you found me.

Well Moan November has started.

Well so bad today managed 3 sfd until today disaster.

Had my eye on a cute cardigan for ages half price today could I resist No. Silly me but will look lovely with navy leggings oh and to make matters worse found a handbag to match. To be fair all my other bags could live in them so big, needed a small one. Not trying to justify my spends but so fed up scrimping all the time.

Went and stocked up on hay and bunny food today. Bunny now in garage but still looks bit cold.

Everyone is winding me up today. Trying to stay calm but nearly lost it earlier, went out for a walk to cool off.

Daughter having a paddy as she wants me to have grandson straight after work usually no problem but I can't today already made plans. Boss winding me up about exercise and losing weight. Pushing me too far today usually I can take a joke so politically incorrect it is funny in a weird way. He is a fitness freak!

No debt progress today, payday tomorrow but will be gobbled up by all my direct debits. Nevermind still like being paid weekly.

Well feel better for that moan sorry folks.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Options
    Seem to be going nowhere fast. Anyway small change deducted -

Today's balance 6294.41

No major reduction had to buy few xmas goodies, petrol and food. Couple of nights out this week aren't going to help but planned for ages. Pity one involves 2 hr drive there and another 2hr drive back - takes the fun out of it plus petrol costs.

Got a switch over date for bank act tf to M & S, should just about get 125 pounds of vouchers by xmas if not New Year would be good.

Took the cute cardigan back it drowned me and looked awful. So two nights out and nothing to wear lol. Sure I can dig an old frock out.

Whilst I know I must not spend, will try and buy Fleetwood Mac tickets this week, love the band so good last time, I have to go ?Christine McVie is back with them so they can perform her songs now.

Cancelled my dentist check up for another week, been bit run down this week, ulcers in my mouth, and this way cash stay in my bank bit longer.

Bit uncertain with spends this week and new direct debits if I have any cash leftover but will look at figures next week. Need to save bit for my car mot due next month.

Staying positive will get debt free one day, feel like a tortoise at the moment.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Options
    Well bought Fleetwood Mac tickets, not the only one living off porridge rest of the month now, looking at my fbook friends. Having a few nights in London at same time but nice to have something to look forward to.

Didn't overspend at the weekend and still enjoyed myself.

Broke my tooth argh dread to think of the cost, got a private dentist as well, nevermind check up anyway next week.

Completed the switch to M & S bank lot of hassle 3 phone calls unlike Halifax but will get #125.00 of M & S vouchers in 30 days time, so prob. after xmas but happy with that anyway.

Playing catch up with credit cards again as put petrol on it lately - should clear by end of the month.

I am not adding London Trip costs to my credit cards just yet - as shared with my daughter and shall try to repay with my xmas bonus my half,

Still on target to get to 6k by end of the year.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Thats great how you are working down :) x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • SouthernGuy
    Options
    I know what you mean about M&S being hassle to setup. I've also had multiple phone calls and also I think they've felled quite a few trees with the amount they have sent me in the post.... Halifax is a much better application/switch process.

Still, worth it for the £125 gift card :)
  • Calling14
    Options
    Thanks Monz.

Squirreled another #15.00 off debt today.

SouthernGuy totally agree but hey ho looking fwd to lots of new lingerie.

Staying in at lunchtime, avoiding shops again.

Gutted I have put 3lbs on in weight, really can't get up in the mornings too dark and hate dark evenings, Dog walking getting shorter each time - must try harder tonight.
  • Calling14
    Options
    Planned a long walk yesterday afternoon and my dog started to limp - old football injury so that was exercise not done.Hopeful rest usually heals it. Friend called over, mince pies and wine oops.:j

Well today paid little amount off credit cards however not realised that I forgot about a direct debit hitting my bank account so may will have to be supersavvy next 2 weeks.Plus I need dog food and fuel:eek:
    Feeling flat now as can't afford to do anything next two weekends. May paint bathroom instead, got paint at the ready.:(

Need to get few more xmas pressies lesson learned to save next year.

:jWell balance now stands at 6163.85
    :j
    Won't be any movement on this for next three weeks as think I may have overdone payments. :o

Have a good weekend everyone. :D
  • Calling14
    Options
    Well not a great start to the week. Decided to reduce my payments to Tesco cc and pay the extra to Santander which 0% deal runs out in January. So I changed my direct debit to the minimum amount with Tescos, reading the msg that won't be taken until it appears on your statement so I paid by faster payment for this month and guess what? They took the direct debit as well.:eek: :mad:Whilst it makes my cc balances look great. I really needed the cash so not sure how I will manage up to xmas now, things were tight before.

Transferred my Emergency Fund to my current act for the next few weeks and just hope I don't get overdrawn.:(

Got looks of food in, need fuel and dog food may have to use a credit card.

So my credit cards now stand at 6083.85.

Need hair dye but hey ho its cold could wear a hat to hide my roots:cool:
  • Calling14
    Options
    Well today dentist - regular check up plus needed few x rays and patch up job on my tooth 62 pounds. Smashed my molar tooth damage 350.00 for a crown. Go to a private dentist have now applied to the same practice for a nhs one probably six month wait. Got an appt end Jan so will see how long temporary job will last - still about 210 pounds on NHS. No sweeties for xmas please Santa. Lots of hard cash acceptable.

This month has been another disaster, hoping Dec is better MOT due then.
  • Calling14
    Options
    December here already how did that happen.

Today cancelled my Sky subscription will come into effect 2nd Jan as had it free last 12 mths not prepared to pay 21.00 per mth for it.

Bad back last few days so having to pay to get it sorted tomorrow. One step forward two steps back.

Lunchtime lets see what delightful leftovers I brought to work today. Not spending today determined. Didn't spend a bean over the weekend either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure